PDA

View Full Version : Shady car dealer....DON'T BUY THIS CAR!!!

Mikey_008
12-17-2005, 08:27 PM
So here's the story.....

My buddy is looking to buy a car. Not too expensive, probably around $5000-$8000. So he's searching in the autotrader and came upon a 1998 Acura 1.6 EL which was listed at $6950 w/ 153,000km. So at first we were like "Whoa...that's a good price, especially for a 98 Acura 1.6 EL"

So my buddy went to take a look at the car at this place called Auto Quest (3419 -17th Ave S.E. ) The car looked good....body was in good condition, engine sounded smooth. But when he looked at the odometer, it says 5400 km. So he asked the sales dude about it. And he says that the reason why the car is selling for $6950 is because the KM is unknown. And they're no previous records of maintienece, or anything on this vehicle at all.

So then I came...looked at the car....and found many things wrong with it. At which I mentioned to them. Just to see if they would lower the price!

-cluster not working, no interior dash lights
-rear struts are done
-all the lights automatically turns on when the car is on, and light switch doesnt work (and the sales guy tried to BS his way by saying that the car is equipped with automatic lights...even when it's full daylight outside) I'm not stupid!!!!
-full interior wiring system is fukked!
-NO HEAT!!!!
-right power window does not work from the driver side switch
-and a bunch of ghetto mods done to it!

So I asked if i could take the car out for a test drive.....the sales guy didn't let me...he told me that he doesn't have a dealer plate available, becuz it's on another car going for inspection. BUT HE HAD A PLATE HANGING RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY FACE!
So I was like ok whatever! So I left!

So 2 days later I came upon this......

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=16064311&pgno=1&srt=7

Same exact car as I've been mentioning....but the KM description says 165,000 km and the price is jacked up to $7950. I thought the KM is unknown? Why is the price increased??

SHADY? I THINK SO!!!!

D. Dub
12-17-2005, 08:30 PM
I'm thinking buying from a used lot on 17th Ave SE may not be a good idea in the first place?!!?

Kirbs17
12-17-2005, 08:32 PM
:werd:

FatboyTheHungry
12-17-2005, 08:48 PM
:werd:

When I was looking for a project car, I looked at a couple cars at Millenium, and they also referred me to this place. They are buddies, or affiliated in some way. Yeah, I have to say, the pricing on the cars seems exceptional, until you look at them closely. Ghetto mods, and ass-tastic touchup. Glad I didn't buy from them.

barbarian
12-18-2005, 12:42 AM
If the intericr light does not work, the brake lights probably don't either.

Mikey_008
12-18-2005, 12:57 AM
Seriously...the sales guy thought I was stupid or something! Trying to bull shit by saying that tail lights and night driving lights turn on automatically......everyone should of seen his face when I told him right back that it was total BS....fukken guy got PPPWWWWNNED!!!!:bigpimp:

Seanith
12-18-2005, 02:12 AM
Whats the chassis designation on a 1.6 EL? That VIN # looks weird
NM i remember EL is MB4

Drsuce
12-18-2005, 02:26 AM
try through these guys, they may be on the other side of the country but cars are MUCH cheaper in QC (and no, you dont have to pay the extra taxes) you can have the car inspected and if it checks out have it shipped. you'll still have some extra cash in your pocket :)

i picked my cobra up off them, they picked me up from the airport, took me out for lunch, showed me around montreal etc. stand up service forsure :)

lastprodigy
12-18-2005, 02:29 AM
lol i love how its a base model EL yet they call it fully loaded.

handsomebassman
12-18-2005, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by Drsuce
try through these guys

Try through what guys?

Drsuce
12-18-2005, 02:44 AM
bah my link wont work, the dealer name is seca auto. on canadatrader you can locate em under dealers in laval qc. they have a website, but it is out of date.

if anyone is seriously looking, tell em that tim with the mystic cobra sent you, or i could see if i could work a deal with em :)

this might work (http://showrooms.canadatrader.com/3320/3698)

Drsuce
12-18-2005, 02:48 AM
btw, they have a 97 1.6 el with 124k KM's for $7495

Supa Dexta
12-18-2005, 10:29 AM
Yeah when I was shopping last, I was around there can't remember the name exactly but there was a 2001 or 02 civic, price was right, look at the km's and it was something like 285k! or sumtin crazy high, I told him that was more km than I was looking for

"oh no, no no.. it's a CIVIC last forever, and then when you are done with it you just get another cluster and it's back to 200k!"

I'm like wtf? your the dealer and tellin me this shit, god knows how many cars you have here that you've done that to already.....I'm the fuck outta these shady lots I thought to myself..

:rolleyes:

toyboy88
12-18-2005, 11:14 AM
link right from canada trader page, says it all:

FREE Record Check Results

VIN: 2HHMB4560WH901192
Year/Make/Model: 1998 ACURA 1.6 EL SPORT
Body Style: SEDAN 4 DR
Engine Type: 1.6L L4 MPI SOHC VTEC
Manufactured In: CANADA
Search Results: 10 records found in our database

JordanLotoski
12-18-2005, 12:37 PM
how do u think shitty little dealerships stay in business. they buy shit cars and rip people off. Id never in a million years buy a car from a small dealership. stick to acura, honda or a major one. I think there should be tougher laws, and the government should shut them down.

D. Dub
12-18-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT
how do u think shitty little dealerships stay in business. they buy shit cars and rip people off. Id never in a million years buy a car from a small dealership. stick to acura, honda or a major one. I think there should be tougher laws, and the government should shut them down.

the greedy ones are like that.. but there are some that are good. Ninth Avenue in Inglewood has good later model vehicles and they're honest.

Unfortunately there are a lot of greedy ones.

Aleks
12-18-2005, 03:34 PM
The reason these dealers are in place is cuz of cheap people who are stupid and get taken advantage of. My question to the first poster. Why did you try to even get the price down when you knew the car is a POS, why not just walk away? :dunno:

Mikey_008
12-18-2005, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
The reason these dealers are in place is cuz of cheap people who are stupid and get taken advantage of. My question to the first poster. Why did you try to even get the price down when you knew the car is a POS, why not just walk away? :dunno:

Thanks for all the replies fellas

Yeah I talked to the sales guy to see if he would lower the price....not that I would buy it! Cuz it'll be too much work on my behalf. Like the interior wiring system is all fukked....gonna take a while to figure out what wire is what!

So yeah his first asking price was $6950, I offered him $4000, cuz i that what I beleive the car is worth...and he said the lowest he'll go is $6800....then I brought up everything that was wrong with the car....and calculated all the cost to fix it.....my approx. total was at least $1000, but he would buge from $6800. Then he tried to bullshiet by saying that's it's and ACURA...and it has many features....including "Automatic Lights".....which I told him right back that it's BS!! I dunno.....didnt feel like bothering anymore....the dude was soo shady! Probably bought the car for $3000 and wants to rip ppl off by selling it for $7000 now!!!

HRD2PLZ
12-20-2005, 10:11 AM
LOL... back in 5 years ago when I had my 00 EL the only thing automatic about the lights were automatic off... whoop dee doo! They turned off 15 or so seconds after locking the doors. Even now, the only Acura's to have AUTO lights is the 05+ MDX and the new RL. I am pretty sure even the 04+ TL doesn't have auto on/off lights.

Das_Amaretto
12-20-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by D. Dub
I'm thinking buying from a used lot on 17th Ave SE may not be a good idea in the first place?!!?

:werd: It's not like ppl from Stathcona or Patterson drive all across town to trade in their car there... It's prb a write-off (or almost) that was put back 2gether in a Forest Lawn backyard, then pushed down 52nd and onto the lot

Don't buy cars from tha hood

CalgarySupra
12-20-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Das_Amaretto

:werd: It's not like ppl from Stathcona or Patterson drive all across town to trade in their car there... It's prb a write-off (or almost) that was put back 2gether in a Forest Lawn backyard, then pushed down 52nd and onto the lot

Don't buy cars from tha hood

"Tha hood" what are you a black gangster? wannabe? and dont buy lambos, and those other exotic sports? where you going to go. Forest lawn is not the hood buddy.

And for the poster
You went to look at cheezy modified honda what do you expect. I bought from that dealership and I got good service and good car.

Supa Dexta
12-20-2005, 05:24 PM
Its calgarys hood...

;)

Primer_Drift
12-20-2005, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by CalgarySupra

"Tha hood" what are you a black gangster? wannabe? and dont buy lambos, and those other exotic sports? where you going to go. Forest lawn is not the hood buddy.

And for the poster
You went to look at cheezy modified honda what do you expect. I bought from that dealership and I got good service and good car.

Uhhh
This (http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=16064311&pgno=1&srt=7) is a cheezy modified honda? Did you even read the thread?

I work near forest lawn.. and forest lawn IS the hood. Or ghetto if you so prefer. Its time to come to terms with where you live.

dericer
12-20-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Primer_Drift

Uhhh
This (http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=16064311&pgno=1&srt=7) is a cheezy modified honda? Did you even read the thread?

I work near forest lawn.. and forest lawn IS the hood. Or ghetto if you so prefer. Its time to come to terms with where you live.

It's a hell of a lot better than Canyon ghettos, or midnapoverty.

Lived in Forest Lawn / Dover all my life, and I'm not afraid to walk the streets at night.

Those rich, wanna be e-thugs, in the south. They scare me.

Weapon_R
12-20-2005, 05:35 PM
I purchased my truck there. Excellent service, really good price and i've had zero problems with it.

Seanith
12-20-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by dericer

I don't remember the last time I saw a drunken begger outside of a stripmall in any of those two areas. I prefer the highschool goofs (and sluts) thank you very much.

CalgarySupra
12-20-2005, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by dericer

Lived in Forest Lawn / Dover all my life, and I'm not afraid to walk the streets at night.

Those rich, wanna be e-thugs, in the south. They scare me.

i agree, forest lawn is huge, there might be some troubled homes but there are thousands of others.

its the only community east of downtown, its the first area in calgary to have a wide area wireless network, the houses there are getting very expesnive more then places in the sw.

trust me i am not jealous. I have a house in the SW, I like it as much as my raddison hieghts hosue. Pretty interesting because when I had my generation 4 supra i would park right in front if my house in raddison heights (next to forest lawn) i get complimented all the time . but in the nw, , so many HATERS

Any community next to downtown attracks trouble. So you take you hating else.

The only thing i dont like about forest lawn was earlier this year when I got pulled over a few times for nothing. Then in news I hear tehy were kicking out the drug dealers. who came from all over teh city, now those crack and grow houses are all over the city.

Forest lawn is getting a Starbucks, too, for all the yuppies, Co-op is renovated again since 2001, WestNet started the calgary's first city area wi-fi, its in forest lawn then will go city wide.

Theres ZR auto, there, theres everything. Yeah it has its problems, but what central area doesnt have its problems? After the remake its going to be like a kennsington.

lbrowne
12-20-2005, 09:41 PM
Mikey_008 based on what you said how the initial car was working - really sounds like a car that was victim of a flood, or serious water damage to being emersed in water somehow....

FatboyTheHungry
12-20-2005, 09:51 PM
Y'all don't know what a real hood is. There isn't a street in Calgary that I wouldn't feel comfortable and safe enough to walk down. Next time you're in a really big city, go find a neighborhood where there are no streetlights at night. That's what I call scary...

snowboard
12-20-2005, 10:01 PM

After the remake its going to be like a kennsington.

hahaha

haaaaahaha
hahaha
ha.
forest lawn is'nt that bad. communities go through stages/generations. forest lawn is cleaning up.
but hell its never going to be a kensington.

CalgarySupra
12-21-2005, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by snowboard

hahaha

haaaaahaha
hahaha
ha.
forest lawn is'nt that bad. communities go through stages/generations. forest lawn is cleaning up.
but hell its never going to be a kensington.

haha your right, but did you see kensington in the late 80s? it was crack whores, everything.

maybe forest lawn wont be an exact kensington,but pretty good, expically since the houses in west forest lawn prices are going through the roof

soupey
12-21-2005, 07:45 AM
hmm that road in vanc...whats it called...?

oh right EAST HASTINGS!

calgary has NOTHING in comparison.

Nissanaddict
12-21-2005, 11:07 AM
Canyon meadows and Midnapore? Umm, I walk around at every hour of the day, night, morning, and nothing happens to me. I don't know enough of Forest Lawn to say how it is there, I don't go there often. Either way, that car is bunk. Used car dealerships are a gamble. End of story. What community is the worst? East Hastings wins.

heavyD
12-21-2005, 05:07 PM
Car is probably a US write-off with a Canadian instrument cluster installed. Instead of installing real daytime running lights they just wired the lights to come on with the ignition. It's too bad this car will probably end up on city streets but who ever is foolish enough to buy it will get what they deserve.

kevie88
12-23-2005, 02:18 PM

haha your right, but did you see kensington in the late 80s? it was crack whores, everything.

er.. I remember Kensington in the late 80's, there was never any crack whores... methinks you're thinking of 3rd ave haha

Clever
12-23-2005, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by kevie88

er.. I remember Kensington in the late 80's, there was never any crack whores... methinks you're thinking of 3rd ave haha

or Inglewood.

Focus:

a friend purchased an Explorer from them awhile ago, they we're very honest about the vehicle, it is now his "bogger" after he was done with mods and stuff.