PDA

View Full Version : Quiznos Vs Subway Vs Mr.sub

glennm27
12-18-2005, 02:51 PM
Which one do you think is better?!?!?!?

Hash_man
12-18-2005, 03:00 PM
Subway is still the best IMO... as long as you dont go to a shitty one like the one at heritage and elbow... But I really like quizno's too, however its really expensive.

Mr. Sub is good, but just never tastes as good as subway

7thgenvic
12-18-2005, 03:01 PM
I LOVE quiznos! they put more meat on the subs! and the sauces are alot better

Stratus_Power
12-18-2005, 03:04 PM
Mr Sub best bang for the bucks imo

Subway is decent, slightly over priced, meat ball w/ cheese toasted on Honey Oaks + BBQ sauce and Buffalo sauce.. Hmmmmm My fav

Quiznos.. i LOVE Quiznos... alot more fresh, more meats, better quality and the sauces are alot better.. but their price clearly reflects that.. Almost if not over $10 for a freaken fast food full size Sub :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sharpie
12-18-2005, 03:06 PM
Subway bacon chicken ranch :drool:

handsomebassman
12-18-2005, 03:16 PM
I agree that mr.sub is the best bang for the buck. You can get a full load, footlong, double meat double cheese coldcut sub for about 10.50, whereas if you got the same thing at subway its about 13.00.

I like the taste of subway, i like the taste of quizno's, but MAN is quizno's expensive. I enjoy a good mr.sub sandwich though, its a nice change sometimes, cause i dont go there very often.

Chester
12-18-2005, 03:17 PM
This little family owned place called Tops haha. The subs are awesome and they're only 5 bucks and they're bigger than any sub ive ever had.

dj_rice
12-18-2005, 03:49 PM
Vietnamese subs pwn all those other places..:rofl: :rofl: no comparison...$3-$4 is all you need and its a footlong

But yeah Quiznos is my choice even though its expensive as hell...

Kobe
12-18-2005, 03:51 PM
Subway, but theres a store called "western Pizza" they make subs also... :drool: :drool: sooo good aswell...

One on 17thave S.W downtown, and one is Crandston...

12-18-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie

That is my fav subway sub also!! But I have to agree I would get one of those vietnamese subs over any subway mr. sub etc. the Vietnamese subs are only $5 to!! forget what its called but its across the street from western (17 ave), beside mission, I suggest to go try it out!

d.maczko
12-18-2005, 03:55 PM
mr subs assorted meal deal is the best, its like 7 bucks for a full meal,

quiznos is awesome but pricey

subway is only good at one location that i know of

TurboMedic
12-18-2005, 03:59 PM
Quiznos....wayyyy better than subway and mr.sub....

On that note, if you want a good sandwich, goto Safeway Deli, and get them to make you one! For $4.99 you get 3 times the meat and stuff on a sandwich, its hard to eat it all.....that is by far the best deal going....

legacyturbo
12-18-2005, 04:12 PM
Personally I love mr. sub good pricing and the spicy chicken sub is awsome and its a canadian company as well!

Weapon_R
12-18-2005, 04:30 PM
Quizno's is awesome but its way too pricey for a sub. I'm indifferent between subway and mr. sub.

5hift
12-18-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Vietnamese subs pwn all those other places..:rofl: :rofl: no comparison...$3-$4 is all you need and its a footlong

But yeah Quiznos is my choice even though its expensive as hell...

:werd:

I dont even know if its good compared to most places, but that Vietnamese Sub place at UofC has replaced subway for me.

glennm27
12-18-2005, 04:39 PM
hmmm ive never tried mr.sub i thought it was a shitty place to eat...but ye quiznos is definatly expensive yet its worth the money as u equat it.but 10 bucks for a large??but quiznoes def seems to be popular

/////AMG
12-18-2005, 04:50 PM
Never tried Mr. Sub, I love Subway. Quizno's is too expensive.
The Mcdonald deli subs are pretty damn good too.

Shaolin
12-18-2005, 04:52 PM
I like Mr. Sub for sandwiches, Subway for breakfast, and I'm not baller enough to eat at Quizno's..

glennm27
12-18-2005, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Shaolin
I like Mr. Sub for sandwiches, Subway for breakfast, and I'm not baller enough to eat at Quizno's..

lmao not baller enough?!?!?! any sub for breakfast is sick!!!!

Sharpie
12-18-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by glennm27

lmao not baller enough?!?!?! any sub for breakfast is sick!!!!
Doesn't subway have breakfast sandwiches?

Shaolin
12-18-2005, 06:13 PM
yeah, the deli style sandwiches.. not the actual subs :rofl: :rofl:

yes, I'm not baller enough to eat at Quiznos.. Actually I don't even know how much a quizno sandwich go for, but I heard it's pretty expensive.. and I'm just a cheap bastard.

Foz
12-18-2005, 06:16 PM
Viet subs > Donair > Quizno's > Subway > Mr. Sub

FatboyTheHungry
12-18-2005, 09:06 PM
Meatball sub from Subway with double meat... :thumbsup:

Vagabond142
12-18-2005, 09:09 PM
I have to agree with donair > subs.... best place is A&A Mediterranean Maket on 20th Ave NW between 14th and 19th st NW. aka Johnny's, their medium donair may cost $5+, but DAMN if it's not as long as my forearm :eek: And soooooooooooooooo good :drool:

On the original question, Mr. Sub is where I would go if I had to chose between all three majors. Why? Canadian, better cold cuts than Subway, and doesn't rape your wallet anally.

retro-steve
12-18-2005, 09:16 PM
mr sub owns subway...subway just tastes like the sauces you put on it, mr sub you can actually taste your veggies/meat

viet subs do kick ass...the place beside mission rules as well as Thai Thai across the street. oh so good

A2VR6
12-18-2005, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Chester
This little family owned place called Tops haha. The subs are awesome and they're only 5 bucks and they're bigger than any sub ive ever had.

:werd: I love their Donair sub! :thumbsup:

FatboyTheHungry
12-19-2005, 12:44 AM
I dunno, weight and volume are just as important as taste to me... Take a pound of real Montreal smoked meat from Reubens or Schwartz's, stick it between a couple slices of Domino's pizza, and that's a sandwich :thumbsup:

GTS Jeff
12-19-2005, 02:46 AM
Whichever one isn't staffed by cheap ass mainlanders that skimp out on lettuce and glare at you while making your $10 sandwich.

Davetronz
12-19-2005, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Whichever one isn't staffed by cheap ass mainlanders that skimp out on lettuce and glare at you while making your $10 sandwich.
Hahahaha yea Jeff, me and Jeremy would always get that at the cheap subway in crowfoot... Asses... We stopped going there.
We either got a sandwich every day from Mr. Sub (best subs IMO), and maybe once a week from badass jacks...

I find quiznos dirty, overpriced and too fattening... My vote goes to Mr. Sub for either Turkey, Pizza, Club or BLT. Vote to Subway for BMT.

Davetronz
12-19-2005, 08:27 AM
Another great place for subs is varsity pizza... Good sandwiches!!!!

AD_Runner
12-19-2005, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Sharpie

:werd: --- and Quiz just cost so much compared to Sub --

Mr. Burns
12-19-2005, 08:34 AM
I prefer Mr. Sub... but Subway and Quiznos are both good if you go to the right location.

Kirbs17
12-19-2005, 10:20 AM
Pitas or Donairs > Subs. But Since this is a sub thread: A 12" Subway melt on Herb and cheese breas :drool: :drool: :drool: mmmm I want one now

kiwi
12-19-2005, 10:24 AM
QUIZNOS!!!!!

The Angus beef sub... :drool:

/////AMG
12-19-2005, 10:26 AM
^^ EWWWWWWWW :barf: :)

sputnik
12-19-2005, 10:31 AM
Quiznos!

Chicken Carbonero or the Turkey Ranch and Swiss

Gotta love the side of pickles and peppers.

dufferson
12-19-2005, 10:35 AM
yea i like the western pizza one too, everyone from saskatchafuck should know it.

Audio_Rookie
12-19-2005, 11:44 AM
Subway for me.
I have gone there atleast once a week (usually twice) for the past 13 months...I have gone to every subway in my town..only 1 of them is good though...the rest suck balls because they cheap out on the toppings and sauce.

Been to quiznos twice...it was ok....Mr. sub was ok as well....

Subway...foot long cold-cut on parmesean oregano bread...4 strips of bacon..swiss cheese..toasted....ect....ect....HUMINA...

RSeXy
12-19-2005, 12:32 PM
I like Mr. Sub.

Quiznos is gross.

handsomebassman
12-19-2005, 12:53 PM
I hate this thread now, lol, it just makes me soo hungry http://images.putfile.com/smilies/011.gif

403Gemini
12-19-2005, 01:02 PM
initially i love quiznos a lot better (like when im actually eating the food) but i get the mad shits anytime i eat there lol

abyss
12-19-2005, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by RSeXy
I like Mr. Sub.

Quiznos is gross.

:werd: exactly how I feel.

Viet subs are okay, but I have to have a craving for them and it has to be from the right place otherwise I don't like it, ever notice how the BBQ pork tastes a thousand times different depending on which place you go to?

Sharpie
12-19-2005, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
initially i love quiznos a lot better (like when im actually eating the food) but i get the mad shits anytime i eat there lol
:rofl:

And I find that sometimes they go overboard on the sauces.

handsomebassman
12-19-2005, 02:35 PM
okay, i broke down and just got myself some subway.

It was delicious.

I wouldve gone to mr.sub but it was too far away.

szw
12-19-2005, 02:58 PM
All three are pretty shitty IMO.

big_k
12-19-2005, 03:28 PM
All this readin about subs made me want one. So i opted to go down to Quiznos. I usually get subways chicken bacon ranch, but today i got the quiznos mesquite chicken, and i am not dissapointed at all, its delicious, i miight have a new fav sub

hockeybronx
12-19-2005, 07:14 PM
Subway is by far my favorite. Selection, new varieties, sauces, and prices are all best in my opinion.

Quiznos doesn't have as good of selection and the prices are ridiculous.

Mr. Sub has been a little too trailer trash in my experience, maybe just because of the locations I've been at.

RSeXy
12-19-2005, 11:43 PM
I went to Mr. Sub tonite for my dinner after my finals.

Seems this thread is beneficial to all three!

The guy at Mr. Sub gave me a free cookie. :)

Nissanaddict
12-20-2005, 11:43 PM
Subway and Quiznos are about equal to me. Both suit my needs, but I think Quiznos is better, as I eat there for a treat every now and the ($$). I also like timmy hos sandwiches, but those don't count. And I will proudly say that I was at the first Subway EVER to open in Poland when it was the only one. Cost? A 12 inch subway melt was a whopping $4 Canadian!!!! Nothing at all. Best subway ever, cuz at that point I had it twice a week, and it took me 2 weeks to find a subway in that country (it was about 3 hours from where I was....so when we had to go to the capital I thought LETS GO!!!!) But I sure strayed off topic. :werd: to inexpensive subway, and some quiznos.

RC-Cola
12-21-2005, 12:05 AM
Has anyone ever tired a sandwich from the Safeway Deli? IT me they are hands down WAY better than anything you can get at Subway, Mr. Sub, Quizno's or any of those other places.

Plus a 6" is more than enough to fill anyone short of Andre the Giant. :eek:

FatboyTheHungry
12-21-2005, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by RC-Cola
Has anyone ever tired a sandwich from the Safeway Deli? IT me they are hands down WAY better than anything you can get at Subway, Mr. Sub, Quizno's or any of those other places.

The lumberjacks are good from Safeway, but I find the bread a little tough.

69cougar
12-21-2005, 08:00 AM
Maybe its what you guys buy but my subs @ subway with the meal deal come out to $10.40 to $10.30. Quiznoes comes out at $10.36. I feel to see where people say Quizno's is high $$?? :dunno:

Pee_Sack
12-21-2005, 08:16 AM
^^it depends on what you get, up here in Fort McMurray our subways have a "lunch deal" thats on all day I dont know if you guys have it or not?
12" footlong pizza or ham suba nd regular drink for $5.50
It's what I always get when I go to subway. Most of the time it isn't enough to fill me up.

Quiznos is usually the steak sub, I forgoet the proper name. Quiznos also has WAY better pickles (and I can put as much as I want on) and the honey mustard sauce is AMAZING. At quiznos I can eat a medium around 8-10" sub and be full.

Mr. Sub had it once because I had a cupon and will never have it again. Had nothing on quiznos and subway.

The sandwiches at Subway are SOO good I agree with whoever stated that.

One thing starting to phase me away from Subway is the fact they stopped giving out stamps(not sure if its happened everywhere or just in Fort McMurray). That was the best part, after you buy 12 subs you get one free. And most of my friends where to proud to use cupons so I always got thier stamps.

Nissanaddict
12-21-2005, 01:34 PM
Yeah, they're phasing the sub club out everywhere due to counterfeits (I shoulda thought of that)

RC-Cola
12-21-2005, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Pee_Sack
[BOne thing starting to phase me away from Subway is the fact they stopped giving out stamps(not sure if its happened everywhere or just in Fort McMurray). That was the best part, after you buy 12 subs you get one free. And most of my friends where to proud to use cupons so I always got thier stamps. [/B]

Safeway also has a Sub Club if you use the club card, your 7th sandwich is always free! :thumbsup:

~Leah~
12-21-2005, 05:42 PM
I quite enjoy Pita's myself.... they're all the rage in Sask. And yes, Western Pizza is 100% Saskatchewan style woooot

Sharpie
12-21-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by ~Leah~
I quite enjoy Pita's myself.... they're all the rage in Sask. And yes, Western Pizza is 100% Saskatchewan style woooot
ahh western pizza:drool: my friends dad knew the owner and we always got like 3 inches of meat :drool: :drool:

01RedDX
12-21-2005, 11:33 PM

izzoblitzo
12-26-2005, 12:00 AM
MMMM.... Quizno's hands down... I had both a day apart, and there's no comparison. I used to be a loyal Subway guy, but after I tried Quizno's.. I was sold.

I mean, its prolly 2 or 3 bux more than subway subs, but the quality of materials, and overall taste is WAAAAY better.

compare the two meatball subs! :eek:

oh man.. and black angus beef.... :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

ringmaster
12-26-2005, 12:22 AM
there is always somthin' good goin' down at Mr.Sub!

Vagabond142
12-27-2005, 05:24 PM
Where is the best place to get a beef sate sub? I tried that place in Dragon City Mall just to the left of the stairway in the middle, and omg I nearly puked. Whatever the hell sauce they had, it scarred my mind against beef sate yet I hear everyone singing it's virtues (the sub, not the store), so I want to try one that doesn't make me wanna puke... the non-sauced beef tasted awesome, tho

That.Guy.S30
12-27-2005, 05:35 PM
^^ come down to my shop. or do a search on beyond for my store.

asp integra
12-28-2005, 10:58 PM
pepinos, or papinos, cant remember how u spell it, its on 14 th ave i think, in kensington, close the the mission there, best subs in cow town, way better than any sub way or quiznos

tapout
12-29-2005, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic
I LOVE quiznos! they put more meat on the subs! and the sauces are alot better :werd: :drool:

szw
12-29-2005, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
^^ come down to my shop. or do a search on beyond for my store.

Ya Thi_Thi is the best! My parents in Toronto complain they can't find a good viet sub there, so whenever I visit I bring some Thi_Thi subs over for everyone. This reminded me, have to go pick up a shitload tomorrow!

jer82
01-11-2006, 11:05 AM
TOASTED TAKES LONGER

Subway all the way, but there is a little family run place on barlow just north of center ave called the sub company.. I really enjoy there subs, along with there burgers and lunch chinese smorg :drool: :drool:

ricosuave
01-11-2006, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Vagabond142
I have to agree with donair > subs.... best place is A&A Mediterranean Maket on 20th Ave NW between 14th and 19th st NW. aka Johnny's, their medium donair may cost $5+, but DAMN if it's not as long as my forearm :eek: And soooooooooooooooo good :drool:

On the original question, Mr. Sub is where I would go if I had to chose between all three majors. Why? Canadian, better cold cuts than Subway, and doesn't rape your wallet anally.

thanks to this thread, i just went and had one of these donairs, and i have to say, it was the most filling, best tasting, $6.50 doniar i have had in a long while.

thanks.

btw, jimmy's is on 20th ave and 13th st nw.

rico

glennm27
01-12-2006, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by RC-Cola

safeway's subs r ok...they have had a couple food poisining accounts from those tho,...i know this cuz i use to work there:D

Vagabond142
01-12-2006, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by ricosuave

thanks to this thread, i just went and had one of these donairs, and i have to say, it was the most filling, best tasting, $6.50 doniar i have had in a long while.

thanks.

btw, jimmy's is on 20th ave and 13th st nw.

rico

That's the place. You have been shown the path of the true donair now :angel: I swear I've dumped well over $1000 into that place over the past 6 or so years :thumbsup:

I will also be taking the plunge this weekend.... I will be attempting to find and sample ThiThi Subs :eek: :D

Mr Sub still has my vote for "major chain operation" subs.

BokCh0y
01-12-2006, 09:23 AM
subway is the BEST.

Vagabond142
01-16-2006, 01:33 PM
Well, I've had my first Thi Thi sub... and it will probably be my last. Didn't like it :dunno:

I guess I'm just not a sate sub kinda person, tho I do like beef sate pho :thumbsup:

Si_FlyGuy
01-16-2006, 01:41 PM
Weird...I find that Thi Thi in chinatown's the best viet sub.

I would go there everyday if they could find a way to churn out those tasty subs faster at lunchtime.:)

Vagabond142
01-16-2006, 01:43 PM
Si: I really dunno what it is. I like beef sate pho as I've already said, but maybe the beef is done a different way? Or it might be the sauce that they dribble onto the sub after packing all the veggies on.... I really dunno.

I seem to be more of a noodle soup kinda person :dunno:

handsomebassman
01-16-2006, 01:47 PM
Seriously, i had a lumberjack sub from safeway, it was the awesomest thing ever. :drool: :drool:

FiveFreshFish
01-16-2006, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Vagabond142
Well, I've had my first Thi Thi sub... and it will probably be my last. Didn't like it :dunno:

I guess I'm just not a sate sub kinda person, tho I do like beef sate pho :thumbsup:

There are other flavours that aren't sate and aren't beef. Might want to try one of them.

Vagabond142
01-16-2006, 02:01 PM
FFF: Well, I'll see... but something in viet subs, no matter the type or where they come from, always tastes like rotten eggs boiled in 2 year old dead sheeps blood (or how one would imagine that would taste). I'm not blasting any of the companies that make the subs, it's just something in them tastes bad to me no matter which company makes them.

So, I'm just gonna stick to my pho :D