PDA

View Full Version : I hate condo rules

R!zz0
12-18-2005, 03:58 PM
I am thinking of getting outtama area. first of all i have 3 cars and i can not park of of them in visitors or else they tag me or tow me or both. Second is that they are building a deck and we have to pay $2500 for it. You have no choice but to pay. What kind of a bullshit is this? I can't have a satelite dish there, can't fucking park my car in visitors parking and have to dish out $2500 bucks for something that i don't want.

Any thoughts on what to do?

EK 2.0
12-18-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by R!zz0
I am thinking of getting outtama area. first of all i have 3 cars and i can not park of of them in visitors or else they tag me or tow me or both. Second is that they are building a deck and we have to pay $2500 for it. You have no choice but to pay. What kind of a bullshit is this? I can't have a satelite dish there, can't fucking park my car in visitors parking and have to dish out $2500 bucks for something that i don't want.

Any thoughts on what to do?

Do you live there?? Yes, oh well then why would a RESIDENT wanna park in VISITOR parking??

R!zz0
12-18-2005, 04:06 PM
1 car in the garage, the other is on the driveway and my 3rd is parked at visitors. Only one car is parked there.

12-18-2005, 04:10 PM
its still not meant for you. thats common sense, and pretty sure the owner can do anything he wants, so if your unhappy moving out would be your best bet!

R!zz0
12-18-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by 5.0
, and pretty sure the owner can do anything he wants,

City owns it. It's a condo

max_boost
12-18-2005, 04:16 PM
It's the obvious, time to move!

12-18-2005, 04:26 PM

City owns it. It's a condo

ahh sorry missed that, eaither way, they can make you pay if they want. I would say move!

EK 2.0
12-18-2005, 04:33 PM
1 car in the garage, the other is on the driveway and my 3rd is parked at visitors. Only one car is parked there.

Ok, let's break this down ONE more time...

You are a RESIDENT of said condo establishment...and one of your cars is parked in the VISITOR parking spaces??

R!zz0
12-18-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

Ok, let's break this down ONE more time...

You are a RESIDENT of said condo establishment...and one of your cars is parked in the VISITOR parking spaces??

Yes, thats correct.

SI-vic
12-18-2005, 04:38 PM
your parking situation is at your fault
making you pay $2500 for a deck is absurd to me

GoChris
12-18-2005, 05:09 PM
personally I think you should get ticketed for parking in visitor when you are not a visitor. if you wanted or needed more spots, you should have tried to buy more, maybe you couldnt. but then park on the street

unfortunately for you I don't think you have the right to bitch about the parking situation. Other people have the right to bitch about you taking up space for vistors.

R!zz0
12-18-2005, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by GoChris

unfortunately for you I don't think you have the right to bitch about the parking situation. Other people have the right to bitch about you taking up space for vistors.

Letme get this straight...I don't have the right to bitch at them but other people have the right to bitch at me? Hmmmmm am i missing something here? Well, other residents park there for a week or 2 and no one tells them jackshit. I fucking park for 3-4 days and they tell me to move it. It's doesn't matter anyways i will be moving it on the street. :bullshit:

Orbie
12-18-2005, 05:52 PM
Well when you see other residents parking in visitors why don't you rat them out then? someone is doing it to you. You don't have the right to bitch about someone tagging you when you park in visitors, but you definitely have the right to bitch if someone else is doing it.

Either way visitor's parking is for visitors, notice how they didn't add the fee for buying that parking space to the cost of your condo when you bought it? that means you don't own it which means you don't have restricted access to it's use and neither does anyone else. If you needed more parking for your cars you should have bought additional spots.

The deck situation is absurd though, but that's condo life. Someone in my condo can't control their dog crapping in the hallways and we all have to pay for the cleaning service to remove it. I would say if it's really pissing you off, move out.

sexualbanana
12-18-2005, 06:56 PM
By your logic, you should be allowed to park in the handicap spot then.

GTS Jeff
12-18-2005, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
By your logic, you should be allowed to park in the handicap spot then. :rofl:

With his kind of logic, he IS handicapped...mentally.

EK 2.0
12-18-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
:rofl:

With his kind of logic, he IS handicapped...mentally.

*insert rimshot*

01RedDX
12-18-2005, 07:44 PM
Can't say I can sympathize with you about the VISITOR parking situation, eventhough I've had the same problem. They always picked on me and let everyone else off the hook.

You do have a valid point about occasional condo bs. I got fined $200 for leaving a neatly tied-up garbage bag outside my door.

Gondi Stylez
12-18-2005, 07:53 PM
:rofl: what a tool :rofl:

Kirbs17
12-18-2005, 08:08 PM
Move. Your going to be hard pressed to find anyplace allow you to park 3 cars without paying for them all

chris
12-18-2005, 08:12 PM
either sell one of your cars, park it somewhere else, or move to somewhere where you can get 3 parking spots. As for the deck, isn't that what they collect condo fees for, 2500 for a deck from each resident sounds excessive

d.maczko
12-18-2005, 08:15 PM
well, should we ask what kind of cars these are and in what condition they are in? :nut:

maybe you should sell ONE of your THREE cars to pay for the deck,

and about the satellite dish, start a petition of the surrounding neighbours, maybe there will be enough interest that they will have to allow you to put them in :dunno:

GoChris
12-18-2005, 08:40 PM
you can put your dish on a tripod can you not? usually the problem is the part about it being attached to the building, or railing.

4DoorGTZ
12-20-2005, 11:50 PM
I purchased an extra u/g parking space because I have 2 vehicles. There are 6 empty spots in our garage yet they've had to to the lengths of handing out visitor parking passes for us to give to guests because residents keep taking up the spaces. Everyone cheaps out on the extra parking when they buy the place but then complain about the parking situation. Thats fine with me my car has 3 empty spots on either side, no door dings here :)

bigboom
12-21-2005, 12:27 AM
maybe before living in a condo you should try reading the condo documents. thats one of the hazards of living in a condo is that the condo board can vote for something and you either like it or you dont but there is nothing you can do about it other than move.

bspot
12-21-2005, 01:09 AM
Dicks like you are the reason there is never any visitor spots at my place. So many people leave there junkers rotting in the visitor parking. Time to call the city soon.

Ven
12-21-2005, 02:23 AM
It's a hassle when legitimate vistors come over but have to park on the street because Joe Inconsiderate decided to store his cars there. Now my condo board has city parking authority ticketing, and sometimes towing, any vehicle there left past 2am without a visitor parking pass. Something I support 100%.

As for your deck, just add it to your mortgage, I did it with an extra parking stall, that way you won't feel the sting. And come on, it's not like the deck is going to lower the value of your place when it's time to sell. :) I'd question the $2500 price though.

Condo rules are almost exclusively based on common courtesy (a difficult concept for some). They are almost always the same from place to place. Owners and tenents should know them well before purchasing or renting.

sputnik
12-21-2005, 08:22 AM
When you buy a condo you are only allocated a certain number of parking spots. DEAL WITH IT. If you cant handle it, rent a parking spot from a neighbour or sell a car. If you need 3 cars, buy a house.

As for the deck. The same thing applies. If you read the fine print in your contract you will realize that the condo association can come looking for "cash calls" if necessary and you are required to comply. If you dont like the way your condo is run join the condo association and make changes. Is the deck just for you or is it a shared deck? $2500/condo seems like there should be a pretty PIMP deck being built (if its shared). Wait it out. Maybe they will have strippers on it. If its a private deck for your condo, I paid $2400 for my simple 12x16 deck and I built it myself.

Stop parking in vistor parking. Its a pain in the ass when visitor parking is full and 90% of the cars are owned by the condo owners. Dont buy a condo with 2 parking stalls if you have 3 cars.

HRD2PLZ
12-21-2005, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by bigboom
maybe before living in a condo you should try reading the condo documents. thats one of the hazards of living in a condo is that the condo board can vote for something and you either like it or you dont but there is nothing you can do about it other than move.

:werd: Or maybe you could attend some of the condo meetings? Even though you own the condo, doesn't mean you are entitled to do whatever you want on the "shared property." If I was living in your condo I wouldn't want to see a satellite dish on your roof and I wouldn't want to have your 3rd car parked in a visitor parking stall. In any condominium or townhouse complex I have seen, there is almost always at least one person willing to rent out one of their parking stalls. The deck is part of living in a condo, when they are doing upgrades (which are voted on at the condo board meetings) it has to either come out of the owner's pocket or the reserve fund, if it comes out of the reserve fund it may leave the condo short for expensive repairs (roof, etc) and then condo fee's will generally be increased to build up the reserve fund again.

B20EF
12-21-2005, 12:06 PM
Just out of curiosity what is your reserve fund sitting at and how big is your condo complex. $2500 does seem like a lot, it doesn't seem like any of the cost will be coming from the resereve fund, even though this is a structural construction.:dunno:

This should send some warnings that they could come to you to pay for everything wrong with the condo, thats what monthly condo fees are for.

Xtrema
12-21-2005, 12:20 PM
Condo = drama

eljefe
12-21-2005, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Condo = drama

Been there , done that, burned the t-shirt

R!zz0
12-21-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by bspot
Dicks like you are the reason there is never any visitor spots at my place. So many people leave there junkers rotting in the visitor parking. Time to call the city soon.

Dicks like me have a really nice car in visitors...Not that junk pos you see by your area.

Milk2%
12-21-2005, 05:47 PM

Dicks like me have a really nice car in visitors...Not that junk pos you see by your area.

Well i dunno, i would think living in a condo and owning 3 nice cars is a little.....made-up wouldn't you say?? Maybe if you didn't own 3 cars there would be no problem. For the deck you live there you pay the bills, if they want 2,500 they can get it, but if you think your getting ripped off in any such way, ask for labour bills, the total cost of the deck. Don't park in the visitors parking and you will not have a problem!! Problem solved?? Hope So

frostyda9
12-21-2005, 05:48 PM
Park one car on the street, out of the complex.

EK 2.0
12-21-2005, 07:36 PM

Ok, so, you are a RESIDENT of said condo establishment. BUT, you park your car in the VISITORS spot??

Sharpie
12-21-2005, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

Ok, so, you are a RESIDENT of said condo establishment. BUT, you park your car in the VISITORS spot??
haha :rofl: Oh god *goes and votes Arif for funniest person*