PDA

View Full Version : How to defend car stereo?

blueripper6
12-19-2005, 12:59 AM
I remember a while ago someones Alero got broken into, deck stolen etc, but the subs were booby trapped so they didnt get those, but there was blood everywhere from razor blades or something.

Basically, how do u defend ur subs and shit? Im thinking about getting some but I wanna know that they will be hard as fuck to steal... thanks

Ekliptix
12-19-2005, 01:27 AM
The Electric Club

lastprodigy
12-19-2005, 01:36 AM
have your alarm set off a stink bomb inside your car....

HoisinSauce
12-19-2005, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by lastprodigy
have your alarm set off a stink bomb inside your car....
OOoOOOoOo

retro-steve
12-19-2005, 01:52 AM
line your trunk with razor wire...or train a badger

EstoMax
12-19-2005, 02:10 AM
im pretty sure u can actually get in trouble for doing that... i know it sounds retarded but tahts what i was told by some older people.

FatboyTheHungry
12-19-2005, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by EstoMax
im pretty sure u can actually get in trouble for doing that... i know it sounds retarded but tahts what i was told by some older people.

Probaly could, if someone had legitimate cause to be poking around in your car. Can you imagine though "I'm gonna sue you because I cut my hand open while I was trying to steal your stereo..." :dunno:

jdmakkord
12-19-2005, 12:26 PM
If you are that worried about getting ripped off, get a good alarm, or dont bother with a stereo. Plus use common sense, and dont blast your stereo everywhere you go, and near places where you park your car for extended periods of time.

JordanLotoski
12-19-2005, 12:30 PM
move outta the NE

justincalgary
12-19-2005, 12:44 PM
You can get in trouble for booby traps. There have been quite a few lawsuits against owners of homes for the thief getting hurt. One guy fell through there skylight and sued...he won. Another guy got locked in there garage, he had to eat dog food and pepsi for almost a week, he sued...and won. I know that these were all in the states, but I could see yourself getting in trouble here for attempting to hurt someone on purpose.

natejj
12-19-2005, 12:49 PM
Put a big black guy named Mike in the trunk.

90Tegra
12-19-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by justincalgary
You can get in trouble for booby traps. There have been quite a few lawsuits against owners of homes for the thief getting hurt. One guy fell through there skylight and sued...he won. Another guy got locked in there garage, he had to eat dog food and pepsi for almost a week, he sued...and won. I know that these were all in the states, but I could see yourself getting in trouble here for attempting to hurt someone on purpose.

wtf are u kidding me?

That.Guy.S30
12-19-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by jdmakkord
Plus use common sense, and dont blast your stereo everywhere you go, and near places where you park your car for extended periods of time.

^^ this is the best way. alot of people think their system is the shit, so they pound as loud as it can go wherever they go. unwanted attention=theft

Newk
12-19-2005, 01:35 PM
Get a trunk monkey.

Sharpie
12-19-2005, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by 90Tegra

wtf are u kidding me?
:werd:
That is bullshit

bradwatson
12-19-2005, 01:53 PM
the best way to prevent your stuff being jacked is to just stay out of Forest Lawn.

Newk
12-19-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie

:werd:
That is bullshit
It's not bullshit, both really happened.

DC2
12-19-2005, 02:13 PM
i have never heard of the dog food and pepsi thing, but the skylight i heard of. the guy was going to rob an old lady and fell through. i couldnt believe he actually won.

Sharpie
12-19-2005, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Newk

It's not bullshit, both really happened.
I never said it didn't.;)
I was saying it was bullshit that the theives won in court....

handsomebassman
12-19-2005, 02:22 PM

No kiddin. Thats fuckin sad. Nice justice system they have down there apparently.

Newk
12-19-2005, 02:23 PM

My bad, and indeed it is bullshit. We are in serious need of some tort reform.

SteveMo600
12-19-2005, 03:06 PM
All jokes aside I think the best way to defend from car audio theft (If you demand putting a stereo in and other than a good car alarm) is to just make it difficult to steal. Try to bolt you box, amp etc. somewhere to the frame. If the thief gets into your car and realizes that it's going to take him/her a long time to get everything out, they may just realize it's too much risk and move on.

Spend a whole day doing the install. Make it really clean and difficult to take out in a short time period. Also, use different headed screws when screwing in subs and everything else as the guy trying to steal you shit will have to stumble around to try to find the right screwdriver to take the screws out or may not even have the right tool to do the job.

It's all about making it so difficult to take your car and possessions inside, that the asshole is going to look past your car and move on to the next.

Tha VZA
12-19-2005, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by SteveMo600

Also, use different headed screws when screwing in subs and everything else as the guy trying to steal you shit will have to stumble around to try to find the right screwdriver to take the screws out or may not even have the right tool to do the job.

thats a great idea...:thumbsup:

why didnt i think of that??

ciao

Das_Amaretto
12-19-2005, 04:17 PM
I pulled the fuse out for my trunk release, so the only way in is with a key!

And in practice, it worked... saved my phoenix ZPA 0.5 and Infinity perfect 12's from bein jacked. But they got everything inside... only thing i care about tho was the CDs, I'll never get that collection back.

GoChris
12-19-2005, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT
move outta the NE

:rofl: :werd:

blueripper6
12-19-2005, 11:41 PM
I dont live in a ghetto area, but its just general safety, im downtown and stuff a lot too.

I was thinking about bolting it all to boards, and bolting them to the frame. Maybe some razor blades in the seems of the box, someone else did it, cut the hell outta the guys, left bloody finger prints, cop took em, apparently caught the guy.