PDA

View Full Version : telus internet problem

Lexxan
12-19-2005, 07:02 PM
K i got a problem...

my home phone lines are on sprint and i ordered telus adsl.. which they said was no problem..

so last week they said they're going to our connection box on monday and hooking up the adsl

now our phones don't work as of today and I haven't received the modem package.

I assume it's the filters we need but I have heard 2 different stories from their techs... one says i need them and the other says I don't need them unless the modem is plugged in.. which it isn't cuz i don't have it yet..

Could someone here try unpluggin their modem and then plugging a phone directly into the line and see if it works? I need to find out before I get sprint out to fix the lines.. fucking telus

dreamchaser
12-19-2005, 07:11 PM
filters only remove the static from the line. its got nothign to do with working or not working of phone or interent. when they hookup internet or phone they physically connect your wires from their building / equipment. most of the time when they hookup sommething they remove a service by mistake.. or sometime they remove somebody elses services. if your phone is not working get in touch with the phone company. dont tell them that you ordered internet or something otherwise they will try to get rid of you by makeing an excuse.

Lexxan
12-19-2005, 07:28 PM
hmm ok.. well i got sprint coming out to fix the line.. now i assume they'll disconnect my adsl lol.

GQBalla
12-20-2005, 02:28 AM
do you have a alarm system perhaps?

GTS Jeff
12-20-2005, 07:18 AM
I think you DESERVE to be hassled for even trying to use Telus Internet, especially after all the threads on Beyond badmouthing them. FUck, back in the day when I ordered Telus, it took those shitheadmeatballs over a month to get it to work. The whole time they tried pinning it on me too. "Oh uh, you must have dropped the modem box or something, sir."

AllGoNoShow
12-20-2005, 07:19 AM
Yah :thumbsdow to telus for internet screwups