PDA

View Full Version : Getting fucked around Need help

Crazyjoker77
12-19-2005, 07:35 PM
okay so pretty much iv been without my car for over 2months now for a paintjob that was suppose to take at most 2weeks...

let me explain my situation more exactly. I live in medicine hat and we had a very bad hail storm a few months ago wel i got some very nice insurance checks for both my cars but everybody shop in the Hat was booked for over 2 yrs so i had to take both cars to calgary. well when i was getting the weather stripping for my car from platinum mitsibishi the parts manager recommneded Feliks autobody on 27th av. so i go down and talk to them. no problems i leave my other car there to see what kind of work they do. I get my other car back (a cavalier) they did a pretty decent job so i decide to let them paint my other car if they could handle putting on a carbon fiber hood and a urethane front lip. they said no problem see you in 2 weeks. well 3 weeks comes around and i get a phone call and they tell me that its gonna be another 2 weeks because there paint department is way behind. well another month goes by and i phone them last friday (dec 16) and they say for sure it will be done wednessday well today i call them to make sure and now there telling me i wont get it back till the middle of january!!!!!!!!!!

Now i really dont know what i can do but im gonna go drive up their tommorow to see if they fucked my car up or something and dont want to tell me. Im really expecting to go up there and see the car completly untouched. How fucking hard is it to repaint the outside of a car. really the only course of action i think i can do is file a complaint with the BBB and hope they help me get it solved.

anyway moral of the story dont take your car to Feliks autobody on 27th av if you ever want to see your car again.

really interested in your guys 0.02$ on what i should do. PS im only 18 so i think thats why they are screwing me around. also i wrote down the miliage of the car + took a pic of the odometer and told them specifically not to drive it off the parking lot if i go tommorow and see if it has any extra miles on it what legal actions can i take.

infected
12-19-2005, 08:18 PM
Winter's coming, road conditions are getting worse, there are fender benders around every corner. I don't think it is "shocking" that body shops are slightly behind schedule. Try not to think of the worst case scenario right off the bat, it might not be as bad as you think it is.

Eride
12-19-2005, 08:25 PM
No dude, moral of the story is dont ever listen to the parts manager from Platinum, he has screwed around numerous friends of mine, and knows very little about cars.

freakin
12-23-2005, 04:46 PM
Just pick up your car and take it somewhere else. They haven't done any work, so find a shop that'll take it in right away.

hollywood_35
12-23-2005, 04:57 PM
go get your car back and take it somewhere else.

RORYG
12-23-2005, 05:03 PM
agreed. :thumbsup:

Crazyjoker77
12-25-2005, 03:56 PM
i tried to take it but they woundt let me they have managed to do some body work but for 8weeks they should have a hell of a lot more done all they have managed to do was paint the body and doors theys till have the bumpers wings fenders and put on the carbon fiber hood replace the weather stiripping. also they work is rather shitty they put on my lip with screws from the top (black screws on a white car) instead of in the fender wells. now there also telling me i wont get it till the middle of january....

freakin
12-25-2005, 07:22 PM
Go get something in writting from them as to when they're going to be done. Get them to fix the shit you see wrong or tell that you're not paying for it. If the car's not done by the time they said they'd be done in writting, take the car and tell them to go fuck themselves....you really just need to go in there and be firm and get some straight answers.