PDA

View Full Version : Viper vs. Arctic Start

big_k
12-19-2005, 07:46 PM
Alright, my mom is getting an alarm/starter for her car for Christmas from her boyfriend. I searched a bit, and have found nothing but good about directed, and mainly Viper/Clifford alarms. I'm not sure who carry's Clifford around here, but I told him to go look for the Viper 791XV. Essentially the same unit as the Clifford. I have heard nothing good about compustar except the range, but that is not a huge deal. Many people I know with compustars are having problems with them, so I am staying away from that. When we went to get the Viper, the guy told us that Vipers are no good for manual transmission cars, and we should get an arctic start. I want some info on arctic start before we make a decision. I am very hesitant to get the arctic start, and want to stay away from it. But lets hear your opinions on it first, I may be wrong, and it may be the better choice. So if anyone has any input on the viper or the artic start, let me know please. also, must be a 2 way alarm/starter.

cocoabrova
12-19-2005, 08:05 PM
I'm pretty sure Arctic Start and Compustar are made by the same ppl........I've never heard any bad things about the Compustar, but Clifflord/Viper are oldskool, they've been doing alarms for over a decade.....

big_k
12-19-2005, 08:20 PM
ok, i'm gonna have to look into that. if they are infact made by the same company, then i'm stayin away from arctic. i know a couple people with the cliffords, and some own vipers, none of which of had any problems. but thanks for the info, gonna have to look into that

talonboi
12-19-2005, 10:40 PM
i have a compustar, all my other bros have compustar, and dad has compustar. most of my friends have compustars, and no problems...

silvercivicsir
12-21-2005, 09:44 PM
viper 791 are garbage. for range and for manuals too.. I'd stick with a compustar./ Artic Start. exactly the same..

spike98
12-21-2005, 09:47 PM
My arctic start is awsome i love it. BUT the installer was a fool and didn't install the ebrake switch right so it did act up. I fixed it easily though so giver man. Go with the arctic start,

ecstasy_civic
12-21-2005, 09:50 PM
I love my compustar.

Look at Autostart too?

I think I heard they were really good.?:dunno: