PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in local Commerce programs?!?!?

DUBBED
12-19-2005, 10:42 PM
I'm trying to get into a Commerce program at U of C, I would be entering second year as I have basically completed a year a Mount Royal under General Studies. Just wondering what kind of GPAs some people got into the program with.

PM me if you don't feel like sharing with the rest of the world!! :thumbsup:

davidI
12-19-2005, 10:46 PM
Should be over a 3.5ish....

Pacman
12-19-2005, 11:02 PM
I got in with a 3.25. However, that was over 10 years ago.

RiCE-DaDDy
12-20-2005, 02:05 AM
^ why is it so high?

from word of mouth, at UBC all u need is a 75% avg. Then again at UBC its "broad-based" admission which means they dont just count your grades

Team_Mclaren
12-20-2005, 02:14 AM
u cant enter into second year, either first or third. And you can only enter into third year if you have completed all your pre-com courses (all 20 of them)

marks wise you should have at least a 3.4. But from what i heard they even let people with 3.0 enter last year. ( dont quote me on that)

Gainsbarre
12-20-2005, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
u cant enter into second year, either first or third. And you can only enter into third year if you have completed all your pre-com courses (all 20 of them)

marks wise you should have at least a 3.4. But from what i heard they even let people with 3.0 enter last year. ( dont quote me on that)

That's correct...the cutoff was only 3.0 last year, but that was just a one-time thing. If you have at least a 3.4 you should be good.

DUBBED
12-20-2005, 10:57 AM
Yes I just found the link on U of Cs website and you would be able to transfer with a 3.0 last year. Hopefully that's not a one time thing!! Or I might end up in Saskatoon!!! :burnout:

davidI
12-20-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by DUBBED
Yes I just found the link on U of Cs website and you would be able to transfer with a 3.0 last year. Hopefully that's not a one time thing!! Or I might end up in Saskatoon!!! :burnout:

That's because they got additional funding and could open up more spots. It will all depend on what the guys up in Edmonton decide to do this year for funding. My uncle does the admissions for commerce so he keeps me posted...it's too early in the game to tell you for this year though.

sexualbanana
12-20-2005, 01:52 PM
Someone told me that low 3's have a pretty decent chance of getting accepted. I don't know if that applies only to U of C transfers or not

DUBBED
12-20-2005, 02:03 PM
Either way it looks like I have to do another year at Mount Royal, we'll see what happens. I'll just have to bust my ass for a couple semesters!! :banghead: