PDA

View Full Version : Track Racing at Race City - Info please.

Speed_RaSiR
02-28-2003, 12:24 PM
I've see pics of ya'll auto-xing at Race city, just wondering if anyone had any info on this? Id really like to check it out. Also I heard you can run the full course too. Any info pls..:thumbsup:

Ben
02-28-2003, 12:26 PM
www.speedracer.ca

lots of autocross info there.

Beyond Usually does track days in the Summer, there will be lots of info on that Upcomming.

Cueman
02-28-2003, 12:55 PM
You can hook up with the Calgary Sports Car Club.

I believe the solo season begins this year with the solo school on April 17th.

Their website is here: http://www.cscc.ab.ca/

Check the event schedule for dates and contact info.

Solo1 is the flat out lapping, but you must to commit to running the full serious. As in past, I believe anyone can show for a solo2 event and run.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions/comments about the club.

Fuji
02-28-2003, 01:07 PM
Beyond will be doing a number of track days this season. I think we've got enough people hooked :) Inof will be posted soon on the full roadcourse.

Justin

ninjak84
02-28-2003, 02:25 PM
I can't wait to start hitting up track days.

Does anyone know where I can get a helmet custom painted?

Cambo
02-28-2003, 06:05 PM
also kinda on topic but when does secret street start up again, that was great to goto on friday evenings :D

dsm69
02-28-2003, 06:11 PM
ss opens mid april

method
02-28-2003, 08:56 PM
too bad race city is so expensive... you usually end up having to get ahold of other people that want to share the same time as you, and it doesn't always go very well apparently... a lot of people are pricks.

Hollywood
02-28-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by method
too bad race city is so expensive... you usually end up having to get ahold of other people that want to share the same time as you, and it doesn't always go very well apparently... a lot of people are pricks.

I was racing at one of last events by beyond/Fuji. He told me 33 cars showed up that day to race!

The amount of people did not seem a factor then.

Also I have some other good news. Karl told me the racecity is going to be hosting 4 import only race (all drag I think) events this year.

V8LESS is also hosting 2 drag wars this year too at the edmonton raceway, instead of ft.macleod. BTW where was the bikini contest that was promised at that event last year....I felt cheated I wanted to see some hotties!!

method
03-01-2003, 11:32 AM
Thats sweet... must have been a good day.

One time when the dori-kaze guys went out, a few various other people that raced soloII and such came out, and some of them were uh.... not so cool.

speedracer
03-01-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Speed_RaSiR
I've see pics of ya'll auto-xing at Race city, just wondering if anyone had any info on this?

Originally posted by Cueman
You can hook up with the Calgary Sports Car Club.
Their website is here: http://www.cscc.ab.ca/

You can also check out the Forum if you have questions:
Calgary Sports Car Club Forum (cscc.speedracer.ca)