PDA

View Full Version : Sait Students

CanadianBoy69
12-20-2005, 07:26 PM
does anyone know when the updated book list for this upcomin semester is going to b realeased

l8braker
12-20-2005, 07:55 PM
The BA one is up as of today, so the others might be as well.

forced14
12-20-2005, 11:41 PM
They always seem to screw up the booklists. I have yet to see one where books that third semester needs are put into the first semester section and all scrambled up like that.

I just checked mine and its out as well, but screwed up still...

--forced

Toms-SC
12-21-2005, 12:12 AM
I refuse to buy books at SAIT anymore. I will wait till I talk to the teachers first, then order off of amazon.ca :D

wildrice
12-21-2005, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
I refuse to buy books at SAIT anymore. I will wait till I talk to the teachers first, then order off of amazon.ca :D
w0rd

Grip172
12-21-2005, 06:16 PM
really you can do that?

Nix87
12-21-2005, 06:29 PM
I probably used 2 of 7 textbooks i had this semester...waiting for sure this time around..

forced14
12-21-2005, 08:41 PM
Yeah if at all, wait until you talk to the instructor to see if you will actually need the book. And even then, you can usually get by for about a couple of weeks without getting the book to see if they lied and if you actually need the book

So many times they have said that we need the book, and then never use it. I have found that the math and stats classes usually do that.

--forced

JordanEG6
12-21-2005, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by CanadianBoy69
does anyone know when the updated book list for this upcomin semester is going to b realeased

i wouldnt trust those book lists. its better to attend for a week without buying books. the instructors usually tell you what you need. for some poeple, they end up buying books for lots of money for ones that you dont need.

DC2
12-21-2005, 09:19 PM
^^ he's right!

i used 1 of my 6 books this semester and it didnt even help much..

you should wait until you really need it, as in you are going to be using it tomrrow need it, than get it

Grip172
12-21-2005, 09:44 PM
hmms stats eh, ihave the course i'll have to hold off

man i'm nervous to go back to school haha

forced14
12-21-2005, 11:17 PM
Yeah we took stats240, ended up having to buy some text book with a cd in it so you could do some of the stuff on your computer at home. Man that was a mistake opening the cd envelope for nothing...

all in all though, the class was pretty easy.

-forced

JordanEG6
12-22-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by DC2
^^ he's right!

you should wait until you really need it, as in you are going to be using it tomrrow need it, than get it

you got book-pwned haha :rofl:

freakin
12-22-2005, 01:40 PM
Find out in the first couple of days if possible. The used book store had a lot of copies of our texts during the first week, but after that, all of the cheaper copies were gone. I bought one new, then found it used so I returned it. I ended up buying all of my stuff used for the price of 1 new book.

Also, as mentioned earlier, the teacher will generally let you know if you need it or not.

PS, DC2, your avatar is flipped. I'm assuming that's a b-series motor, so shouldn't the alternator and exhaust be on the other side? ;)

Fosgate R
12-22-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by DC2
^^ he's right!

LOL, but you also dropped the whole course, so maybe you should have used those books! :thumbsup: