PDA

View Full Version : Plastic polish?

glennc
12-22-2005, 03:27 PM
I got in a minor front ender... some jerkoff in a parking lot cut me off. My new projector lense is buffed up a bit, no gouge, just a minor buff on the surface.

Ive searched the cit, does anyone know where I can get plastic polish to fix up the lense?

GTS Jeff
12-22-2005, 03:48 PM
umm anywhere, including walmart and crappy tire.

glennc
12-22-2005, 03:52 PM
I checked both of those places, they have metal polish, I couldnt find any plastic polish. What section would it be in?

GTS Jeff
12-22-2005, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by glennc
I checked both of those places, they have metal polish, I couldnt find any plastic polish. What section would it be in? The same section as where the metal polish is. I bought my Meguiar's Plastx Polish from Crappy Tire.

'93 SR-V
12-22-2005, 06:16 PM
There's a place by chinook.... It's called industrial plastics and paint I think... they sell a product called Novi plastic pollish. I used it on my JDM's, and it did an alright job... takes a little work though.

FiveFreshFish
12-22-2005, 06:44 PM
You can get it at any auto parts store.

CrvenaZvezda
12-23-2005, 01:13 AM
i think its called Meguiars PLASTIC CLEANER, and Meguiars PLASTIC POLISH, its like 16 bucks, u have to buy them seperatly but they would be 16 together, its works amazings, my headlights on my mx3 look like brand new again...

FiveFreshFish
12-23-2005, 01:17 AM
^^^ Works well. I have them both.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/everythingautomotive_1873_6651136

glennc
12-23-2005, 06:28 AM
Yeah I checked metal polish isle of crappy tire... maybe they were sold out? Ive heard of Novi from a freind in BC... Thanks for the ideas ill check around those places.

I know partsource doesnt have that polish being that I worked there for a year... Maybe napa?

Which crappy tire did you go to GTS jeff? I got kicked out of the one in marlbrough for accidentally dropping a touch up paint..?

Well... Ill 411 that industrial place...

GTS Jeff
12-25-2005, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by glennc
Yeah I checked metal polish isle of crappy tire... maybe they were sold out? Ive heard of Novi from a freind in BC... Thanks for the ideas ill check around those places.

I know partsource doesnt have that polish being that I worked there for a year... Maybe napa?

Which crappy tire did you go to GTS jeff? I got kicked out of the one in marlbrough for accidentally dropping a touch up paint..?

Well... Ill 411 that industrial place... haha I dunno....any of them in Edmonton?

It's kinda funny you got kicked out...the losers there tried to give me shit for testing their spray paint on the rack where there are already a million other stains from other people testing them out. He was all like, "you've committed a federal offence," and I was all like, "nigga j00 str8 trippin dawg. ill bust a cap in y0 ass biatch!!" then he was like, "aaaaaaaaaaaiiiiight"

glennc
12-25-2005, 11:31 PM
Hahahahahha. Im pretty sure it wasnt a worker who kicked me out. I was so confused i just left.

Teggy2nr
01-17-2006, 03:29 PM
the meguiers plastix is really good, gets rid of oxidation too. It fades away after a couple of months tho

glennc
01-17-2006, 03:35 PM
Hmm doesnt work as good as hoped.

Primer_Drift
01-17-2006, 03:45 PM
I have a polish I use here at work on CR-39 plastic (similar to projector lenses). I use a buffing wheel and a hard polish for use on soft metals like gold and silver. I would recommend using this type, but be careful not to over do it.