PDA

View Full Version : turboed d16z

LUDELVR
02-28-2003, 10:16 PM
HOLY SHIT!!!! This car is disgustingly fast!!! I just finished installing the kit from that yellow car into my friend's 95 civic coupe and I must say......FUCKING SHIT!! The thing is a monster now!! anyway, I might add that there were so many things that I had t ghetto rig!! I had to redo almost all the chargepiping, had to cut the downpipe cuz it didn't fit, also had to change oil pans cuz as MR8 found out, not all d series pans fit d series engines!! hahahaha I learned that way too mike!
hahahah but all in all, the install went well. Took a day and a half but shit man, prolly the only turboed civic here in victoria. I'll post pics once we get them up! Right now, we're running an open downpipe and the think is loud as fuck! Boosting just under 10 but once we hook it up to the exhaust it'll drop a bit but I'm so happy with the results of this kit!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ecstasy_civic
02-28-2003, 10:22 PM
good to hear. :thumbsup:

cant wait til mines done.:drool:
looking for some donor parts right now

CRXguy
02-28-2003, 10:50 PM
alright man....time to piece mine together!

ecstasy_civic
02-28-2003, 10:58 PM
you doing your crx??

LUDELVR
03-01-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by CRXguy
alright man....time to piece mine together!

dude. get your shit done man! Seriously, this car would spank 5th gen ludes and sr-v's all day long and I'm pretty sure type r's as well! GET IT NOW!! haha, this kit only took like a day and a half to install! Which in my books is a hell of a lot better than my other installs!! hahahahaha, but yah, i woulda been done a lot earlier if I didn't need to go buy a so many other parts and had to modify the charge piping...practically all of it!! And that damn oil pan was too shallow as well as the air filter that was bumping into the driver side fender wall. had to custom make some shit man, oh yah, and he got to keep his windshield washer resevoir in the engine bay!!! whoo hoo!!! hhahaa

I'm telling yah man, ghetto hookups strikes again!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

CRXguy
03-01-2003, 11:51 AM
I really need a 3rd job!! :rofl:

LUDELVR
03-01-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy
I really need a 3rd job!! :rofl:

or more monthly payments!!!:dunno: :dunno: :rofl: :rofl:

Superesc
03-01-2003, 12:12 PM
More monthy Payments!!!! :thumbsup:

Time to start my part buying hehehe

eur0
03-01-2003, 12:37 PM
haha sweet to hear, should gotten it first damn!! can u tell me what parts make up the kit?? Maybe I can piece one together :nut:

van
03-01-2003, 02:06 PM
can you install my turbo leo hahahaa

LUDELVR
03-01-2003, 07:55 PM
just connected the downpipe to the cat and yah, there was a bit of a loss in power but not that much. It dropped about 1.5 psi but still pulls pretty damn hard! The clutch was starting to slip at 9 psi!! haha, but now it's running perfect! Knock on wood!! haha, and everything is done! I'm telling you, this car is the epitomy of a sleeper car, like I said, pics will be up soon and I think you'll agree!!

egmike
03-01-2003, 08:54 PM
SOHC POWER!!!

LUDELVR
03-01-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by MR8
SOHC POWER!!!

Hey mike, do you need an extra D series oil pan that will fit any d series engine? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
hahahahahahah:rofl: :rofl: I shoulda read your install page first and discovered that yours never fit either!! Oh well, at least it's in and running like a champ!!:thumbsup:

egmike
03-01-2003, 09:05 PM
Sweet, what did he use for management, did he find a missing link? any oil leaks?

shadowz
03-01-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by MR8
Sweet, what did he use for management, did he find a missing link? any oil leaks?

NISMO FMU and check valves

LUDELVR
03-01-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by MR8

yah man, just used the nismo fmu like shadowz said and that thing is pretty pimp!! I really like it!! As for oil leaks, nothing as of yet. I just sent some pics to Jeff Frank and he'll be doing a write up on it soon. The check valves worked really well. Hit almost 10 psi and no CEL's at all! Nothing but pure boost!! hahahahaha
Hey shadowz, thanks for the hook ups man! My buddy here in victoria thanks you! You should see the grin on his face!!!! hahahahah Ear to fucking EAR!!!!!!! He thought you hooked him up with the header, and CAI and thought his car was fast!! hahahaha, damn, like I said, he's happier than micheal jackson in a kindergarten class!!!:poosie: I'm just glad that I could ghetto fab up what I needed to in order to make this kit fit!! thanks again bud!

Oh by the way, does anyone know where I can temporarily host like 5 or 6 pics for beyond, just until I get them up on the other site?

egmike
03-01-2003, 11:16 PM
You can email them to me if you want, I can host em [email protected]

LUDELVR
03-03-2003, 04:52 PM
Here are some of the pics! Thanks a lot mike!!

Here's the before pic:
http://www3.telus.net/turbofreak/Temp/LEO/Dcp_0622.jpg

Here's a shot of the charge piping and intercooler
http://www3.telus.net/turbofreak/Temp/LEO/Dcp_0628.jpg

Here's the front mount, stealthy styles:
http://www3.telus.net/turbofreak/Temp/LEO/Dcp_0630.jpg

Here's a shot of the install bay:
http://www3.telus.net/turbofreak/Temp/LEO/Dcp_0665.jpg

Thanks again mike!:thumbsup: