PDA

View Full Version : Bikes on the freeway

Glowrider
03-01-2003, 12:40 AM
I was coming home last night, on the freeway. 2 R1's and a GSXR 750 wanted to mess around, so we were fucking around a bit. Well, I had my speedo pegged (157 mph). The 2 R1's went up in front of me. Then one of them looked at his friend, lost control and ate the wall. I just kept on driving.

Does this make me an asshole?

I feel really messed up about it. Makes me really think twice about racing. I don't know.

What do you guys think?

Dope Dealer
03-01-2003, 12:45 AM
Shame!

Did you hear anything about a death on the news? :rofl:

max_boost
03-01-2003, 12:50 AM
Whenever you engage in any dangerous activities you need to be responsible for your own actions......that is all I really have to say about that.......

Glowrider
03-01-2003, 12:52 AM
No, didn't hear anything on the news.

I know, I feel like shit over it. But, I didn't hit him, I didn't force them to race, I didn't push him into the wall or anything, he had plenty of room to do whatever he wanted (an R1 can easily out accelerate an M3 in any part of the powerband). Maybe that's just me trying to justify what happened that night. I don't know...I've got to much to lose. :(

RiceCake
03-01-2003, 12:54 AM
Man witnessing something like that sux ass!

Sorry to hear dood.

ecstasyracer
03-01-2003, 01:06 AM
I wouldn't worry about it to much or atleast don't feel responsable for it. Its not like you came up on them and started it. It would suck to witness that though.

szw
03-01-2003, 03:13 AM
I remember reading about a case where a street racer was charged after the guy he was racing hit somebody else.

Not sure if thats what you are worried about, when you say
I've got to much to lose.

go on some bike forums or NY forums and look around to see if you read about anything familiar.

ecstasy_civic
03-01-2003, 10:48 AM
thta reminds me of august in bc. when me and ecstasyracer had been looking at bikes and i was going to get one. sitting at a light i heard this bike gear down and he was trying to do a wheelie or something like that, and he pulled it up fine but when he put it down the front wheel was turned and he lost control and smoked a pole and it literally cut him and the bike in half!!!

after that i never wanted to ride a bike but, time has past and im game for it!:thumbsup:

Dj_Stylz
03-01-2003, 06:01 PM
dam!

kevie88
03-01-2003, 07:59 PM
Bikes still own.. but I just have pretty much resigned myself to riding mine on the racetrack almost exclusively.

Ben
03-01-2003, 08:03 PM
"I've seen the way you ride, you have a heavy wrist"

kevie88
03-01-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Ben
"I've seen the way you ride, you have a heavy wrist"

Who me?? :confused: :D

___2PaC___
03-01-2003, 08:28 PM
Yup, Bikes own

KoukiS14
03-01-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Glowrider
I was coming home last night, on the freeway. 2 R1's and a GSXR 750 wanted to mess around, so we were fucking around a bit. Well, I had my speedo pegged (157 mph). The 2 R1's went up in front of me. Then one of them looked at his friend, lost control and ate the wall. I just kept on driving.

Does this make me an asshole?

I feel really messed up about it. Makes me really think twice about racing. I don't know.

What do you guys think?

Not to sound heartless or anything but if i was doing 157mph on a bike there is no way id be looking at my buddy. You can lose it all in a split second. Serves him right. Pay attention or don't speed.

frostyda9
03-03-2003, 10:45 PM
Honestly, I probably wouldn't have stopped either. No one goes 150+ mph without knowing what the risks are. Do you think they would have stopped to see if you were ok, had it been you that crashed? I doubt it.

Phats
03-03-2003, 11:00 PM
yeah, I wouldn't feel too badly about it, you didn't make them race and really, if the guy looked to his buddy goind 150+ mph, then he isn't the brightest bulb in the bunch, anyway, saying that, I hope he isn't dead or else i would feel shitty for talking badly about him

Glowrider
03-03-2003, 11:38 PM
Yeah, thanks guys. I've gotten over it and don't give a shit anymore. I was coming home with a girlfriend from watching Cradle to the Grave the other night. There were 3 guys on bikes fucking around and they were wobbling all over the road like assholes. They had NO idea what was going on. I was waiting for one of them to fall. Didn't happen though.