PDA

View Full Version : futureshop employment

Impreza
03-01-2003, 03:31 AM
anyone have any experience working at futureshop? or anyone work at futureshop currently??
can u guys/gals tell me what its like?? do u guys like it??

Melinda
03-01-2003, 03:43 AM
A couple of my really good friends work there...they've all been there for a really long time so I'm assuming it doesn't suck too bad...gram (ancient) works at future shop so talk to him, he can fill you in :D

Melinda

GTS Jeff
03-01-2003, 03:47 AM
what position at future shop? cashier? sales? customer service? management? janitorial?

Impreza
03-01-2003, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
what position at future shop? cashier? sales? customer service? management? janitorial?

im thinking sales..
also, what does it take to get a p/t job there??

ancient
03-01-2003, 08:14 AM
To get the job.... Usually sales experience and luck :)

We do mad hiring around november every year, but we are hiring always just gotta drop off a resume.

I like the job and it pays well, when its busy.
Its fun to work ther and if you like the area you work in it can be fun.

ie I work in Car audio, plus I sell home theather stuff tvs etc.

I've worked ther for about 2 years now.

mrmattyk
03-01-2003, 03:59 PM
I cant handle sales. The customer would be like "Umm do you have Game Box or X-Cube?" then I'd start :rofl: and I'd get fired.

Ferio_vti
03-01-2003, 04:12 PM
You like working on commission??

Ben
03-01-2003, 04:22 PM
If you are good at what you do commission is great.

GTS Jeff
03-01-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Ben
If you are good at what you do commission is great. :werd:

Pete92SL
03-01-2003, 06:53 PM
I worked there as customer service through highschool. It was a good job as those kind of jobs go.

Pete

ancient
03-01-2003, 07:02 PM
Yes I work on commision

SI-vic
03-01-2003, 07:23 PM
I hated working at Electronic places.... I worked for Visions and International Stereo and I just cant handle the stress..... I wasnt good on working on commission because I hated being so pushy. On the other hand, my friend whom works at Future Shop said its the best job he's ever had so..... depends on what kind of person you are, if you dont mind being pushy then this job is for you.

Ben
03-01-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by SI-vic
I hated working at Electronic places.... I worked for Visions and International Stereo and I just cant handle the stress..... I wasnt good on working on commission because I hated being so pushy. On the other hand, my friend whom works at Future Shop said its the best job he's ever had so..... depends on what kind of person you are, if you dont mind being pushy then this job is for you.

Thats because you suck at being a sales person.

A good sales person can sell all day long without once being pushy. Sometimes you have to assume the sale, but being pushy is only something the inexperienced people do.

Develop and show a need for the product in an assertive and correct mannor and you should never have a problem putting bread on the table.

MerfBall
03-04-2003, 01:44 PM
Worked there through most of University. It used to be a lot of fun. And then it got to be a shark tank with very few fishes. In the end I really hated it. But can't deny the money was good.

Overall, if you are looking at a good paying part time job, sales at fshop is the way to go. Go heads down and sell and go home, don't get caught up in any of the BS there. It is also dependant on the store. Macleod without a doubt is a high stress store, Northlands and Shaugnessy is better but traffic is slow. Horizon is not as stressful, with good traffic.

It's also been awhile since I've worked there so take what I say with a grain of salt, but I did work there for 4 years and still know most of the management there.

Ed the SOHC
03-05-2003, 01:31 AM
futureshop is alright... it's fun having a job that doesn't feel like work. you hang out and chat with people. I've only had a few customer's who were "problematic" but in general the customer's are nice.

Ajay
03-05-2003, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by Ben

Thats because you suck at being a sales person.

A good sales person can sell all day long without once being pushy. Sometimes you have to assume the sale, but being pushy is only something the inexperienced people do.

Develop and show a need for the product in an assertive and correct mannor and you should never have a problem putting bread on the table.

I agree with that completely...I'm in sales as well and my style is definetly not pushy. I might ask them a couple more questions as in "did you want to take that" to prod the sale on but by no means do I push anything on anyone cause I don't want them coming back and bitching at me that I sold them something they didn't need.

A lot of people I know have tried sales and they got out of it right away and don't understand how I can do it and make good cash outta it. In my opinion sales is one of the easiest jobs out there! Just talk to people and you make cash! What's better than that!

ancient
03-05-2003, 10:01 AM
Usually people who don't like to talk to people, or can't talk to people, suck talking to people, are just too nice in general, suck at being sales people.

B17a
03-05-2003, 10:43 AM
IMO sales is a skill you either have or don't. In a high volume sales environment like FS, you either sink or swim, you'll find out pretty quick if you have it or not! If you have it, making money has never been easier, if not, start looking for a new job!

CLiVE
03-05-2003, 11:21 AM
My fiancee worked there for 2 years or so while she was in university, she seemed to enjoy it. She worked at the Horizon (NE) store.

GTS Jeff
03-05-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by ancient
Usually people who don't like to talk to people, or can't talk to people, suck talking to people, are just too nice in general, suck at being sales people. thats not always true...i think i am the definition of "hate people in general", but im actually pretty damn good at sales. ive gotten more than one offer from fs to be a sales guy with them. heh, but for now ill stick with being paid wages :D

ancient
03-05-2003, 10:39 PM
I never said hate people in general type, I said if you stutter are shy and basically, a bumbling idiot , unconfident you wont' be a good salesmen/woman

GTS Jeff
03-05-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by ancient
I never said hate people in general type, I said if you stutter are shy and basically, a bumbling idiot , unconfident you wont' be a good salesmen/woman :werd: sales is liek picking up chicks

ancient
03-05-2003, 11:22 PM
Because generally I hate most people :)