PDA

View Full Version : Messy trunk :(

QBA
03-01-2003, 09:39 AM
Hi

I have some stuff on my trunk like plastic bottles with liquids to clean the interior of my car, soap, windshield cleaner y also have a flash light, tools. Car chamois ect, well all that junk move around all the time making noises and every time I open the trunk is all a big mess.

I tried putting everything in a plastic bin and is not helping

Guys what can I do to keep my trunk neat and avoid all that stuff flying all over the place?

Thanks

Alex

FiveFreshFish
03-01-2003, 09:54 AM
Anything that's not needed for emergencies or for use on a daily basis should be left in your garage. Reducing the clutter is a good start.

Put the essentials in ONE plastic bin. You can get one with dividers inside to further keep your stuff from moving. Make sure it's made of high-quality plastic so it won't crack in the cold.

QBA
03-01-2003, 10:05 AM
thanks FiveFreshFish

I have a plastic bin already and is not working, the bin flip over all the time and stuff fly around :(

CrAzY_PLaYa
03-01-2003, 11:17 AM
Try Securing it..like use a rope or something and attach it to a hole in the trunk(if you have one)

CLiVE
03-01-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by CrAzY_PLaYa
Try Securing it..like use a rope or something and attach it to a hole in the trunk(if you have one)

Those stick-on velcro strips are where its at. My emergency kit is nicely velcroed to the carpet!:thumbsup:

Or get one of those black stretchy spider web things, and attach it with clips to each corner of the trunk.

Also not sure of your trunk setup, but most of my stuff is hidden in the wheel well, and in the rear storage panels.

-R

ecstasy_civic
03-01-2003, 11:43 AM
thats what i have, works awesome.:thumbsup:
like 10 bucks at CT

Smartiepants
03-02-2003, 06:17 PM
Mine is stashed in the flare comparment

Glowrider
03-02-2003, 06:19 PM
My grandma has 4 of those plastic milk case things in her trunk. That keeps her stuff pretty secure. But then again she rarely exceeds 35 mph.

szw
03-02-2003, 06:33 PM
I use an beer bottle case (24) and it works quite well.

Moves around, but never tips over, and nothing comes out.

James
03-02-2003, 06:41 PM
my trunk is pretty small, so i just found a box that fit snuf and it never moves around. Go to a Liqour Store, they give away all shapes/sizes of cardboard boxes for free, im sure you will find one that will fit :thumbsup:

mrmattyk
03-02-2003, 06:43 PM
My Mom doesnt keep anything in her SUV. She thinks her cell phone will save her. You need other stuff too.

szw
03-02-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by mrmattyk
My Mom doesnt keep anything in her SUV. She thinks her cell phone will save her. You need other stuff too.

and this has anything to do with the thread..how?? haha

mrmattyk
03-02-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by szw

and this has anything to do with the thread..how?? haha

Well this has something to do with the thread because my Mother keeps nothing in her trunk. This thread is about having things in your trunk. I was just trying to say it's ok to have stuff in your trunk, and not to be foolish like my Mom. OK?

HOK
03-02-2003, 08:04 PM
cool thread hehehe I have essential tools in the car... and 3 year old drinks..

___2PaC___
03-02-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by memystealthandi

Those stick-on velcro strips are where its at. My emergency kit is nicely velcroed to the carpet!:thumbsup:

Or get one of those black stretchy spider web things, and attach it with clips to each corner of the trunk.

Also not sure of your trunk setup, but most of my stuff is hidden in the wheel well, and in the rear storage panels.

-R
:werd:

Originally posted by HOK
.. and 3 year old drinks..

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Stratus_Power
03-02-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by HOK
and 3 year old drinks..

:werd: :werd: :werd:

HOK
03-03-2003, 02:08 AM
those drinks taste surprisingly good when your stuck in the middle of no where and thirsty :D

GTS Jeff
03-03-2003, 04:31 AM
u were whinging about gas mileage in another thread, so u should take everything out of the trunk. just take it all out and leave it in your garage. im sure ull live, itll be hard, but u can do it bro!

dogstar
03-06-2003, 01:00 AM
get a rubbermaid container with a snap on lid

you know those long term storage ones you can get in walmart/zellers for like 6-20 bucks.

find one that fits your junk, then drop the stuff in there and snap the lid down.

they wont crack... my parents have some they keep in an unisulated garage, packed to the max and with about 140 pounds of junk on top of the rubbermaids.

CLiVE
03-06-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by dogstar
get a rubbermaid container with a snap on lid

you know those long term storage ones you can get in walmart/zellers for like 6-20 bucks.

find one that fits your junk, then drop the stuff in there and snap the lid down.

they wont crack... my parents have some they keep in an unisulated garage, packed to the max and with about 140 pounds of junk on top of the rubbermaids.

yeah...that's what I thought, until the rubbermaid container got some air, and left a big dent in my cd changer...lol. Velcro and those stretchy spider mesh things are where it's at....