12-25-2005, 02:21 AM
yo yo!
beat the rush!
www.bestbuy.ca
and
www.Futureshop.ca
are starting the boxing day sale ready!
haha wooohooo!!
damn it i'm broke all i can do is look..

max_boost
12-25-2005, 03:43 AM
Ahhh looks like I have to go back to Futureshop for the price protection on the 28th. I ended up paying $5300 for the Panasonic 50inch Plasma Widescreen and Bestbuy is now selling it for $5000.

I ended up paying about $125 extra on the monster cable power bar and audio/video wires but that's ok because I got a deal on the wall mount installation. Plus the monster cable stuff is only on sale until the 27th, how convenient since exchanges/returns aren't processed until the 28th!

Anyone have any experience with the price protection? ON the fine print it says customer service has to call and verify that the other store has the item in stock and ready for sale, well what if it doesn't? $300 isn't exactly chump change!

djayz
12-25-2005, 04:28 AM
boxing day gets worse every year...most of the stuff thats on sale this year has been markupped in the last few weeks or is just made by no name/cheap companies

only good deals are on small items that have been laying around the store for this whole year

em3r1ca
12-25-2005, 09:04 AM
actually all the stuff on sale comes in on trucks a couple days before so its all new
but yeah the good deals are on the crap no name brands

EG_Civic
12-25-2005, 11:13 AM
boxing day is mostly refurbished stuff.. and theres barely anything on sale this year at future shop and best buy

EK 2.0
12-25-2005, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
Ahhh looks like I have to go back to Futureshop for the price protection on the 28th. I ended up paying $5300 for the Panasonic 50inch Plasma Widescreen and Bestbuy is now selling it for $5000.

I ended up paying about $125 extra on the monster cable power bar and audio/video wires but that's ok because I got a deal on the wall mount installation. Plus the monster cable stuff is only on sale until the 27th, how convenient since exchanges/returns aren't processed until the 28th!

Anyone have any experience with the price protection? ON the fine print it says customer service has to call and verify that the other store has the item in stock and ready for sale, well what if it doesn't? $300 isn't exactly chump change!

For boxing day P.P.'s Future shop is usually really great at it. I remember telling clients NOT to come in until 29th and 30th (just to avoid the mad rushes), just keep a clipping of the new price and it was ok. But Sam, that policy MAY have changed in the past few years since I left the shop.

Zero102
12-25-2005, 02:10 PM
I saw that sale too. I picked up a few things at ~12:05AM :)

7thgenvic
12-25-2005, 03:25 PM
the same tv, that i was going to buy shot up to 3699 right before christmas and now its back down to 3299! what a deal! haha

dodad
12-25-2005, 03:27 PM
i just bought the camera i wanted for the boxing day price online. guarrenteed to be here by jan3

?????
12-25-2005, 03:42 PM
I just added something to my cart with 2 remaining i went to checkout it was sold out. :(

DC2
12-25-2005, 03:56 PM

okay since FS and BB are the basically the same company, USUALLY in order to PRICE MATCH the item has to be instock. BUT since its a boxingday sale and no returns til the 28th, I wish you the best of luck.

kenny
12-25-2005, 03:57 PM

Price Protection only applies if the competitor has it in stock. If its sold out then they will not price protect. This protects them against stores that offer insanely low prices but never have anything to sell.

With that said, since bestbuy/futureshop is the same company they would usually honor the price protection without calling.

DC2
12-25-2005, 04:01 PM
^^ not if they are new or a LARGE PENIS they call

EK 2.0
12-25-2005, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by DC2
^^ not if they are new or a LARGE PENIS they call

Even when I was new there I never called...and you can usually find someone who has the MGR's password for the day and just do it anyhow.

I still remember Yakimenko's passwords...money, hockey, audio, bigbucks, future and danyak. haha

kaput
12-25-2005, 04:45 PM

Ajay
12-25-2005, 05:25 PM
Dammit...they had a wicked deal on Polk Audio floor standing speakers for $150 but they're sold out.

Hopefully they still have them for a good price if they get some more in stock later this week.

Grip172
12-25-2005, 05:26 PM
do you think ipods will be on sale tomorrow..boxing day

Projek01
12-25-2005, 05:49 PM
I dont think so, they are giving $20 i tunes cards though if you buy one

Thaco
12-26-2005, 01:04 AM
there is probably only a $20 store markup on ipod to begin with so good luck finding them on sale. unless apple gives the stores a break.

Xtrema
12-26-2005, 01:30 AM
imagelab.bestbuy.ca

10 cents print til Jan 3rd. 100 prints max Best deal if you need some holiday photo prints done.

wesseam
12-26-2005, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

Even when I was new there I never called...and you can usually find someone who has the MGR's password for the day and just do it anyhow.

I still remember Yakimenko's passwords...money, hockey, audio, bigbucks, future and danyak. haha

those were the good old days when we put the thumpaty thump, in your trunkty trunk.

GTS Jeff
12-26-2005, 01:36 AM
wtf, so much shit is sold out already...

teknical
12-26-2005, 02:17 AM
Is this a good tv for the price?

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10069074&catid=23521&logon=&langid=EN

699 for the 26" same model.

I'm looking for a new TV

mr.loco
12-26-2005, 02:28 AM
i drove by visions todays and seen lots of people sleeping by the front door. i went to visions.com and didnt see anything worth sleeping over night for?:dunno: :dunno:

nismodrifter
12-26-2005, 02:48 AM
saw nobody at A&B Sound at 11 o clock but there was one tard at Future Shop (Shawnessy).....damn what a waste of time. Lucky for them the weather is nice this year.

djayz
12-26-2005, 03:04 AM
haha people are sleeping at visions?
i was thinking of buying a bunch of those dvd players for a dollar but since its limit one item screw it

that plasma looks tempting for wall art or something but seeing as how theres prolly like 5 in the store they will sell out

Zero102
12-26-2005, 01:02 PM
Okay, so here's something odd...
I was buying a memory card on futureshop.ca as part of my boxing day shopping. On the page for the memory card, it said they had 102 left. So, I go through the checkout, and that item comes up 'out of stock'. WTF? Whatever, so I decide to ship items when they become available (it's free shipping, so whatever), then go back to the page for the memory card, it says they have 101 left.

What is going on?.... How can it be in stock, but not in stock?

tulit
12-26-2005, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

For boxing day P.P.'s Future shop is usually really great at it. I remember telling clients NOT to come in until 29th and 30th (just to avoid the mad rushes), just keep a clipping of the new price and it was ok. But Sam, that policy MAY have changed in the past few years since I left the shop.

I was in FutureShop today, the sales guy said they won't be honouring PP on Boxing Day specials. :dunno:

max_boost
12-26-2005, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by tulit

I was in FutureShop today, the sales guy said they won't be honouring PP on Boxing Day specials. :dunno: Well if that's their style, I will return everything and see how they like them apples. I made my purchase on the 21st and was told how smoking of a deal it was, ummm sure......and they told me if there was a price lower, just to come back and they'll refund it.

Weapon_R
12-26-2005, 03:36 PM
Well if that's their style, I will return everything and see how they like them apples. I made my purchase on the 21st and was told how smoking of a deal it was, ummm sure......and they told me if there was a price lower, just to come back and they'll refund it.

Did you see that Panasonic LCD HDTV for ~3600? It was almost 2k cheaper than the ones you were looking at. Not sure if its on par with them, but it was a hell of a deal.

Eken9
12-26-2005, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by mr.loco
i drove by visions todays and seen lots of people sleeping by the front door. i went to visions.com and didnt see anything worth sleeping over night for?:dunno: :dunno:

www.visions.com

wildrice
12-26-2005, 06:28 PM
anybody go to sunridge best buy this morning?
something like 600 ppl waiting outside by the time they opened at 6am.

dj_rice
12-26-2005, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by wildrice

We drove by and saw the crowd..pretty big..but I was in line waiting at the Sunridge Future Shop ..and the line up wrapped around Petland crazy!!!!!!

dj_rice
12-26-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by mr.loco

Visions.com eh....so you like looking at lil boys....:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: so I'm assuming if the boy was a lil younger you'd find it worth it to sleep over night for...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

djayz
12-26-2005, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by wildrice

yah they had some draw for 500 dollars to all the people waiting in line between 5:30-5:45 so that makes sense
other than that boxing day sucked everything was just marked up last week then they put save x amount on everything so it looks like its way cheaper