PDA

View Full Version : Speakers + Monitor = Weird Problem?

bball2
12-26-2005, 07:38 PM
Well I was messing around with the setup of my new 5.1 speaker system when I noticed that my monitor had become mixed with a bunch of fuzzy colours.

To be more specific I bought the subwoofer and placed it right next to the monitor (after it was unplugged), and the monitor started to behave l like a rainbow. I moved around the subwoofer around the monitor and the colours kept changing :confused:

So anyways I put the subwoofer back to the floor underneath the monitor but right now the monitor is noticebly darker on the right side and pretty normal on the left side. Any ideas?

Also moving the subwoofer into another room doens't fix the brightness adjustments on the screen.

viperous
12-26-2005, 08:00 PM
Too late now.

Subwoofers are like big magnets. If you played some music or something when it's right beside your monitor...you can kiss your monitor good bye.

So try not to place it beside your tower too.

More Info (http://www.the-magicbox.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-6222.html)

:werd:

GTS Jeff
12-26-2005, 08:44 PM
Degauss it y0.

FatboyTheHungry
12-27-2005, 12:27 AM
Yeah, looks like your speaker box is not shielded enough to keep your CRT monitor from going haywire. Keep it a distance away from your monitor. The deGauss function on your monitor should clear that right up. It is also represented with a magnet on some monitor menus.

BerserkerCatSplat
12-27-2005, 12:37 AM
Your sub obviously had little or no magnetic shielding, so you need to degauss the monitor.

bball2
12-28-2005, 04:11 AM
Well to even things up I put the subwoofer on the other side of the monitor, let the colours fly, and then the sides were relatively equal in darkness. Then I cranked up the brightness and it seemed alright.

Tried the degauss function right now and it seemed to clear things up a little bit more. Thanks for the help guys :thumbsup:

hampstor
12-28-2005, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
Your sub obviously had little or no magnetic shielding, so you need to degauss the monitor.

:werd:

It's in the menu somewhere for your monitor's displays (usually an osd).