PDA

View Full Version : Van rollover at James Mckevitt...

nismodrifter
12-26-2005, 11:57 PM
Anyone see the van that was tipped over at James Mckevitt Road right at the exit from northbound Macleod??? This was around 6 o clock in the evening and happened just before the train tracks...BEFORE the actual curve.

The vans front end was facing TOWARDS traffic of Macleod....ie: van was facing the wrong way of traffic. It didn't actually roll completely over it seems....just seemed to have tipped on its side. Really weird.

Anyone else see it??? There was TONS of firetrucks racing down Macleod to get there and they were there for quite some time.
Nothing on City Beat yet....

NickGT
12-26-2005, 11:59 PM
Yah man I seen the van laying there too! I was like how the hell did he spin that thing all the way around the wrong way! Must have been scary for sure.

Sharpie
12-26-2005, 11:59 PM
I think I saw the end of it... Right by fish creek nissan right?

nismodrifter
12-27-2005, 12:03 AM
yep, right at the exit. I really want to know how it twisted all the way around and is facing the wrong way. The weird shit is that the van is sitting BEFORE the actual corner....doesn't really make sense at all. Only thing that I can think of is that he was going the wrong way...

Seanith
12-27-2005, 12:22 AM
I saw that along with a car on its side on shagganapi trail at the feeder lights to crowchild. How does that shit happen with the roads as dry as they are?

hockeybronx
12-27-2005, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
Anyone see the van that was tipped over at James Mckevitt Road right at the exit from northbound Macleod??? This was around 6 o clock in the evening and happened just before the train tracks...BEFORE the actual curve.

The vans front end was facing TOWARDS traffic of Macleod....ie: van was facing the wrong way of traffic. It didn't actually roll completely over it seems....just seemed to have tipped on its side. Really weird.

Anyone else see it??? There was TONS of firetrucks racing down Macleod to get there and they were there for quite some time.
Nothing on City Beat yet....

I didn't see it tonight, but back in high school I was going a bit too fast over those train tracks and I believe I got air in the Bronco:eek:

Scared the crap out of me. Anyways where's the photos Big Mick? I though you were always on the ball for that???

Sharpie
12-27-2005, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx

I didn't see it tonight, but back in high school I was going a bit too fast over those train tracks and I believe I got air in the Bronco:eek:

Scared the crap out of me. Anyways where's the photos Big Mick? I though you were always on the ball for that???
This was before the tracks going..

SilverBoost
12-27-2005, 12:44 PM
You guys all seemed surprised that this happened and that the van is placed in a way that might indicate a series of stupid moves. This IS Calgary. Anything is possible.

I had a van blow through a stop sign yesterday and almost take out my G/F and I. Luckily I knew that I should have the idiot radar on high alert for boxing day. Funny thing about it is she honked at me as if I was in her way. Funny shit man.... Funny shit.

403Gemini
12-27-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by SilverBoost
You guys all seemed surprised that this happened and that the van is placed in a way that might indicate a series of stupid moves. This IS Calgary. Anything is possible.

I had a van blow through a stop sign yesterday and almost take out my G/F and I. Luckily I knew that I should have the idiot radar on high alert for boxing day. Funny thing about it is she honked at me as if I was in her way. Funny shit man.... Funny shit.

yea man i see shit like that happen all the time. calgary is nuts with drivers. i love seeing people get angry when they were the ones that were wrong. glad you and your gf didnt get smoked.

SilverBoost
12-27-2005, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
glad you and your gf didnt get smoked.

you and me both. :D She was going so quick that it wouldn't have been pretty.

Foz
12-27-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Seanith
I saw that along with a car on its side on shagganapi trail at the feeder lights to crowchild. How does that shit happen with the roads as dry as they are?

I saw firetrucks and EMS and police everywhere on that overpass.

There was a car with it's hood/front smashed in down in the overpass ditch. It looked like no one even noticed that car down there. I was going to inform medical crew but just then a fireman started walking down to the ditch with some box.

As I drove by through the intersection, I noticed another vehicle rolled over and flipped on it's side.

Nuts, haven't heard any news on it.