PDA

View Full Version : Question on Alberta regulations

badlivertt
12-27-2005, 10:40 AM
Hey folks, nice board y'alls have here.

I have a quick question. I am moving back to Calgary soon... I currently live in Michigan where there are NO emmision laws. Because of the lack of laws here, I've done a little bit to my car. Are there any concerns about importing/registering my car in Alberta when I come back? Is testing OBDII based in Alberta (sorry, I've been gone for 7 years now)?

My set up is a Jetta 1.8T AWP with a K04-001 turbo/APR software/2.5" turboback (with cat).

Thanks much in advance.
Terry

Go4Long
12-27-2005, 10:57 AM
there are NO emissions standards in alberta.

tulit
12-27-2005, 11:03 AM
If its out of province, it will have to undergo a inspection before it can be registered here. No idea what they'll be looking for. You'll also have to get it passed by Transport Canada as well before you can import it into the country.

Once its in though, you won't have to worry about emissions.

badlivertt
12-27-2005, 11:06 AM
Seriously? That is outstanding.

If the inspection is like what it was 7 years ago, it shouldn't be a problem; that was the biggest joke of an inspection I have ever observed.

Thanks much folks. Appreciate it.

JAYMEZ
12-27-2005, 12:59 PM
^^ Just make sure you have no bends in your rims , no front tint , and all fluids filled ( You can fail the inspection by not having enough coolant in the car LOL)... Its changed since 7 years ago.