PDA

View Full Version : Hey CRX owners!

Canadian 2.5RS
03-01-2003, 06:35 PM
We have a member on the board that just acquired a crx. He is looking for an exhaust setup. im trying to help him as much as i can but being a suby guy myself, i have limited knowledge. I know a ton of you guys have the car, so what do you have? what would you put on? and what would you recomend or condemn?

Also shoot out the names of shops nearby that carry the stuff and keep in mind that he is no millionaire, the cheaper the better (and i know you usually get what you pay for, but there are some really good deal out there if you can find them)

how about helping this guy out!:thumbsup:

boi-alien
03-01-2003, 07:07 PM
greddy

SI-vic
03-01-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Canadian 2.5RS

Also shoot out the names of shops nearby that carry the stuff and keep in mind that he is no millionaire, the cheaper the better (and i know you usually get what you pay for, but there are some really good deal out there if you can find them)

how about helping this guy out!:thumbsup:

Tanabe is pretty good IMO, Tunerworks carries them.
I've also heard good things about Magnaflow so you might wanna check them out too but I'm not sure who carries them....

hkcivic2k2
03-01-2003, 08:26 PM
You can try speedville
talk to karl there

CRX crazy
03-01-2003, 08:47 PM
i got my exsaust done at tunerworks, if you go there talk to rob

Lorne@UrbanX
03-01-2003, 08:51 PM
I have two Apexi n1 sticking out the back of my car.
Custom piping form Carline muffler in IngleWood!
~ends bitching
Sho&Go

choweyt3t4
03-01-2003, 08:58 PM
the guy is asking for help with exhaust systems not what you already got you fool! plus who the hell needs 2 Apex n1's for a crx come on get real mr SHO&GO!;)

Ben
03-01-2003, 09:10 PM
I just dont understand the always adding "~ends bitching" to the end of everything. :dunno:

Anyhow, I will also have to second Tanabe, Good quality, and Yes, Tunerworks has good pricing on that.

CRXguy
03-01-2003, 10:38 PM
Tanabe is a good piece, and I think Tunerworks still have their specials. I *think* the Racing Medallion is full stainless steel. My guess is that this exhaust will be kinda loud.

I have the Greddy. Sounds like stock at idle, but has a nice low rumble when you're WOT.

Canadian 2.5RS
03-01-2003, 10:43 PM
What about header? does anyone have headers? also, what would you consider you "best bang for your buck" mod?

anyone know anyone selling crx parts second hand?

Ben
03-02-2003, 12:36 AM
Best bang for buck mod is N2O. Pun intended :rolleyes:

eur0
03-02-2003, 11:20 PM
thermal r&d is the absolute best imo, then tanabe hyper medallion

Lo)2enz0
03-03-2003, 12:05 AM
hey,

my friend (i think his sign in is pulse-crx or something on those lines) who has a crx just joined as well. he is looking into upgrading his exhust from this cheap system that he has on it at the time being. well i suggested a 5zigen fireball mainly because it only costs $400 and has the look and sound he is looking for.

laurier

eur0
03-03-2003, 12:45 AM
5zigen on crx's is loud as hell, for $400 your only getting an axle back though :( not a full cat if hes cool with that

Canadian 2.5RS
03-03-2003, 10:19 AM
about how much do catbacks for crxs go for? The one i got for my suby cost me 950 shipped, and i guess i got a crazy deal, the guy originally quoted me 1150 on sale.

eur0
03-03-2003, 12:33 PM
you can get an apexi or greddy for around 7-800

jaylo
03-03-2003, 06:33 PM
I have asked before and the Greddy was about 800 bucks, not bad for a cat-back system.

The best header in my opinion is a DC Sports 4-2-1.

cocoabrova
03-03-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy
I have the Greddy. Sounds like stock at idle, but has a nice low rumble when you're WOT. Yeah, I'll sell you CRXguy's for fiddy bucks:thumbsup:

Daddymax
03-04-2003, 02:57 PM
5zigen on my b16a was was stoopid loud! I didnt 'like it.

van
03-04-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by cocoabrova
Yeah, I'll sell you CRXguy's for fiddy bucks:thumbsup:

SOLD! hahaha

core_upt
03-12-2003, 07:39 PM
On my 89 CRX Si, I replaced the entire exhaust system with 2.5" pipe from the headers, all the way back, put in a new cat converter, had a magnaflow muffler put in and added a 3.5" tip for $450 installed. I had tp put a tip on beacuase the muffler is a tranverse mount. You can buy a full cat-back kit for the car, or you can do it a little more ghetto like my set up was for quite a bit cheaper. Where did I go for this? Minute Muffler, of all places, just of Macleod in the south by Midnapore. I realize this isn't the greatest option available put it's very affordable and it sounded really nice, deep and throaty, not loud and whiny. Keep the cat converter in there unless you want the car to be super loud and whiny. It makes a huge difference in sound on these cars, and does absolutely nothing for performance. Don't bother taking it out, IMO.

Headers - I put a DC header that I bought from Speedville for $425

I also put an APC air intake, not cold air, that I bought at crappy tire for $80. it looked nice and sounded nice, but no huge performance difference but worth the money.

These are the mods I would recommend for a budget conscious tuner. They are by no means the best, but what i found to be good value. The CRXs are nice quick cars, they can dart in and outta traffic nicely and take a corner decently but are by no means FAST without some serious engine tuning. I loved my CRX and hope that your friend will too.

Peace,

J