PDA

View Full Version : Buy Highly mod'd car...Change paint?

Deucers
12-27-2005, 03:49 PM
I am curious to see what you would do if you bought a highly modified car that was highly recognized in the car scene and it was a beautiful red color, and nothing wrong with the paint.

Would you get it painted another color? so it was not recognized no longer as that other persons car? along with a wheel change, etc.

Or just leave it?

Thx
Doug

illeagle
12-27-2005, 03:55 PM
IF i were to buy someone's car.. yes, i would repaint it.. or at least change the wheels. Add your own stuff to it!

Chandler_Racing
12-27-2005, 04:10 PM
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

12-27-2005, 04:13 PM
I donno, I dont think I would ever buy persons a highly modified car, just wouldnt be able to appreciate it as much.:dunno:

CryoCarnage
12-27-2005, 04:24 PM
i had a bad story with one of my firneds. He bought this highly one of a kind camaro z28's. Custom paint and everything. so he buy it. 3 weeks later its stolen. 4 weeks later we find out original owner stole it with his 2nd pair of keys :S. don't do it its not worth it.

rc2002
12-27-2005, 06:47 PM
^ Holy crap, that's low. Stealing your own car back?

But for the colour change, I'm with Chandler_Racing. Why repaint it if you don't have to?

achtung
12-27-2005, 09:28 PM
drive it in the winter for awhile then repaint!

or shove some decals and make it yours...

CryoCarnage
12-27-2005, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
^ Holy crap, that's low. Stealing your own car back?

But for the colour change, I'm with Chandler_Racing. Why repaint it if you don't have to?
repaint to differentiate from original owner. i swear soem peopel are scum these days...

FatboyTheHungry
12-27-2005, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by achtung
drive it in the winter for awhile then repaint!
or shove some decals and make it yours...

Agreed. Get some new wheels. Drive it around to see if you really want to put more money into paint.

Mikey_008
12-27-2005, 09:44 PM
I say DO IT! It's your car, not the person who sold it to you! So you can do whatever you feel! haha

But take pictures of it b4 you re-paint!! haha

jdmakkord
12-27-2005, 09:46 PM
Before you repaint the car, invest in re-keying the locks for some piece of mind.

iceburns288
12-27-2005, 10:04 PM
Post pics so we can see if it looks good now;)

Mikey_008
12-27-2005, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by iceburns288
Post pics so we can see if it looks good now;)

YEAH!! Let's see!

alpha
12-27-2005, 11:59 PM
I agree that you would have to repaint a car to make it your own. especially if its high profile. like whoever bought 'shadowz' car would need a new paintjob and new wheels for sure. otherwise you'll always be "that guy driving nicks car".

Mikey_008
12-28-2005, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by alpha
I agree that you would have to repaint a car to make it your own. especially if its high profile. like whoever bought 'shadowz' car would need a new paintjob and new wheels for sure. otherwise you'll always be "that guy driving nicks car".

Hahaha....but then it'll be considered "that guy driving nicks car, but it's a different color"

sexualbanana
12-28-2005, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by 5.0
I donno, I dont think I would ever buy persons a highly modified car, just wouldnt be able to appreciate it as much.:dunno:

Example: Buddy that stole Shadowz's car. What a shame

shadowz
12-28-2005, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

Example: Buddy that stole Shadowz's car. What a shame

lol funny how you mention it, the guy is not taking care of my car right now because he says he wants to change the color what gives?:dunno: :dunno:

b_t
12-28-2005, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by 5.0

Modding cars is really expensive and the payoff is small when you think of all the hours of wages you spend, and then the hours working on it (unless you give it to a shop, in which case you just double the hours of wages wasted). Buying a highly modded car usually saves money, unless the seller is batshit insane and wants $26k for his car (almost 10 times KBB value). But that's beside the point, I am going to buy my next car modded to save all the initial (expensive and very tiny) steps that I had to go through with this car....
I always thought the same as you, until I actually did some serious work on my car and got other priorities like moving out, and now I've taken almost a complete 180 in my perspective.

JAYMEZ
12-28-2005, 01:39 AM
If it was me personally , and I bought a local car , I think I would change the rims , and maybe something cosmetic (body kit) , but if the paint is flawless , keep it!

freakin
12-28-2005, 11:12 AM
I wouldn't change the paint, just for the sake of changing the paint. If you like it, keep it. If you don't then paint it. It's your car now, so do with it as you like.

Bill Cosby
12-28-2005, 11:28 AM
dont change the paint if its an newer vehicle, just get rid of the body kit, and stylize it to your own tastes, if worse comes to worse you can sell the already installed parts for a fund to buy parts that reflect you, i wouldnt buy anything but a stock car so that i can modify it to my likes :)

alpha
12-28-2005, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by shadowz

lol funny how you mention it, the guy is not taking care of my car right now because he says he wants to change the color what gives?:dunno: :dunno:

lol yeah, I heard hes running it into the ground. when I sell my car I hope its to an out of town buyer I'd hate to see it around if I'm not driving it. P.S. any word on those CTR cupholders, and the emblem?

shadowz
12-28-2005, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by alpha

lol yeah, I heard hes running it into the ground. when I sell my car I hope its to an out of town buyer I'd hate to see it around if I'm not driving it. P.S. any word on those CTR cupholders, and the emblem?

yup emblem is on order, dont have an exact date as of yet, cupholder will be here tommorow

7thgenvic
12-28-2005, 05:51 PM
change it up! thats what im doing!