PDA

View Full Version : Automatic & Manual

___2PaC___
03-01-2003, 08:32 PM
You would probably have to take TWO different driving school and TWO different tests right?? or does it not matter?
Thanks

Ben
03-01-2003, 08:38 PM
There is Drivers Ed for Manual and Auto, but the test is basically the same.

boi-alien
03-01-2003, 08:41 PM
this is what i suggest to all the newbies... get your lessons in an 5spd. and take your exam in an auto

buh_buh
03-01-2003, 08:43 PM
You don't need a license for manual. I did all my driver's ed in auto and did my test in auto, and I taught myself to drive manual.

HK2NR
03-01-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by boi-alien
this is what i suggest to all the newbies... get your lessons in an 5spd. and take your exam in an auto

:werd: best way to do it:thumbsup:

brabus190e
03-01-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
You don't need a license for manual. I did all my driver's ed in auto and did my test in auto, and I taught myself to drive manual.

:werd: thats what i did too!!!

CrAzY_PLaYa
03-01-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by boi-alien

Thast what im thinking of doing, cuz if the car rolls or something, you fail?

benyl
03-02-2003, 12:49 AM
Is there 1 extra testing case you have to pass with a manual? I remember that being the case, so I figured one more thing I could fail on... take the automatic test.

FiveFreshFish
03-02-2003, 01:02 AM
No matter how you get your license, learn how to drive a manual as soon as can. Like most things in life, it gets harder to learn the older you get.

szw
03-02-2003, 01:09 AM
If you are pretty good at driving auto already, take the lessons in manual so you can learn how without jerking around on your own or friends' car. Also good if you have no access to a manual car to learn (like me..i had to wait a a year and half before I had access to a manual car to learn on)

If you aren't great at manual, take the test in auto..no need to give yourself extra stress..you just want to pass the first time and save some money.

lammer
03-02-2003, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by CrAzY_PLaYa

Thast what im thinking of doing, cuz if the car rolls or something, you fail?

basically if you roll the car, the roof caves in your dead.

___2PaC___
03-02-2003, 10:21 AM
Thanks guys, I was thinking of doing that.

Once I pass and all I'll get my dad to teach me manual since hes been driving manual all his life in England.

thanks again.

method
03-02-2003, 01:20 PM
in other countries, you have to take a special test to be able to drive manual...

I just taught myself after I got my licence.

That.Guy.S30
03-02-2003, 01:25 PM
hey lammer i think he might if the car starts to roll. like as in down the street.. ahahah not flip over!

CrAzY_PLaYa
03-02-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by surfertech
hey lammer i think he might if the car starts to roll. like as in down the street.. ahahah not flip over!

haha thast what i meant lol, like if it rolls backwards at a stoplight or something

STI-Guy
03-02-2003, 04:03 PM
If it's on a Supra, I don't care.

92 Teg-B18A
03-02-2003, 04:17 PM
yeah, definately take your test in an auto. You can get deductions for using the wrong gearing etc.

three.eighteen.
03-02-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh

yeh, buy a car thats stick, then youre stuck with it :clap:

Lo)2enz0
03-02-2003, 08:17 PM
take everyones advice and do your course in a manual than take the test in an auto. if you do the course in automatic you get messed like me cause i don't have that much experience in a manual. well i am learning and I only have a problem with releasing the clutch way to fast.

laurier

Ferio_vti
03-02-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by method
in other countries, you have to take a special test to be able to drive manual...

Yah, its normal in Europe and Asia. But then again, kinda pointless since 90% of the people over there drive manual anyways.
hehe, I knew a friends 90 year old mother in England that still drives a 5 speed.

___2PaC___
03-02-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti

Yah, its normal in Europe and Asia. But then again, kinda pointless since 90% of the people over there drive manual anyways.
hehe, I knew a friends 90 year old mother in England that still drives a 5 speed.

Really? I tell ya right now, she is probably the best driver in the world. It crazy in England, and since she prolly has over 65 years of driving she will school us all. haha if she ever came to Canada she would say "wtf, why are your roads so big, and why the fack is everyone driving so slow and with caution" :rofl:
Damn, I should goto England just for driving school lol:rofl: