PDA

View Full Version : STi Utec noob Question

RickDaTuner
12-28-2005, 12:47 AM
hey scooby doods, any one know if the STi utec can read CEL codes off the ECU? I know the AP can but have any of you Piggy back type people had any luck with this? :thumbsup:

JAYMEZ
12-28-2005, 01:43 AM
Hrmm good question , I know you can turn off CEL codes with the UTEC.

Edit: But the answer is no you cant.

benyl
12-28-2005, 09:40 AM
No the UTEC doesn't read CELs. You can only suppress them. For instance, if you get the Cat inefficiency code because you don't have the CEL fix for your catless downpipe.

You either need a code reader or a DeltaDash.

JAYMEZ
12-28-2005, 01:21 PM
^^ Alright thats good to know , so you can only supress them , I knew it did something to the CELs.

RickDaTuner
12-28-2005, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by benyl
No the UTEC doesn't read CELs. You can only suppress them. For instance, if you get the Cat inefficiency code because you don't have the CEL fix for your catless downpipe.

You either need a code reader or a DeltaDash.

well to be honest I already knew the answer to the question, i was more seeking to know if you guys have heard of any third party software wich would enable this feature... but it seems from my reaserch that there is no such thing...

Thanks James, Bernard

benyl
12-28-2005, 02:26 PM
Yeah, that is the problem with the UTEC.

Although it has many features, it is still missing a lot. Maybe the next update (who knows when the hell it will come) will have something for those people who have the UTEC.

The UTEC could run as a stand alone, like the hydra, but I don't know if TurboXS will work the code enough to do that.

If you have a CEL, you might try Crappy Tire or Partsource. They may have CEL readers for rent or might come out and check it for free.