PDA

View Full Version : Oil Filter Size

Civic_Stylez403
12-28-2005, 01:39 PM
Ok, I found it better to ask questions first instead of screwing something up then asking, so here it is.

The oil line Ive run from my turbo interferes with the oil filter. I cant get the filter on b/c the line is in the way or I cant get the line back on b/c the filter is in the way. Do problems arises if I were to get a smaller filter but with the same outside diameter? Any other suggestions are welcomed (someone with a civic thats done this). One has been to redirect the line or move it over a bit,

Thanks

b_t
12-28-2005, 02:43 PM
I've seen people relocate their filters.. you need to find what size fitting fits on the stock oil filter connection, and then you can put it wherever you want. You will probably want to use a fat stainless steel braided line for this, and that will be expensive, but I am not a big fan of relocating oil filters especially when it is in a decent spot already.

It would probably be a better idea to just replace the turbo oil line.. is it the feed or the return? If it is the feed, go back to mopac and get a longer one and re-route it, if it is the return, go back to mopac and get an angled hose end and use that.