PDA

View Full Version : FS 1990 Eagle Talon TSI AWD(good winter beater)

JeremyD
12-28-2005, 03:13 PM
1990 Eagle Talon TSI AWD.
244xxx Kms
2.0L 4g63 Turbo engine 6 bolt block.
5 speed.
Black exterior
Grey leather interior
Kenwood Stereo with seperate 6 Disc changer (Kenwood also). The speakers were upgraded but I couldn't tell you brand. They are powered off a Kenwood amp I believe (never really looked) - I didn't install this. I have the original tape deck to throw in for historical archiving.
Comes with remote Keyless/Alarm system
Limited Slip Differential.
Power Steering, Windows, locks, etc the only options that this car is missing is the sunroof and ABS.

Mods: (I did none of these)
Hacked Air Can
K&N filter
Manual boost controller
Autogage Boost gauge
upgraded exhaust - 3" turbo back I believe. However this needs replacing.
Rear windows limo tint.

It has some rust on the body and a dent in the driver side fender.

The oil pressure gauge doesn't report. the wires have been pulled from the sending unit. (might be an easy fix).

There are some small oil leaks. One in the power steering rack. I haven't looked at this so it could be as simple as a loose connection or could be bad.

The transfer Case leaks - the plus side to this one is that the recall has not been completed on this car so you get a brand spanking new transfer case out of dealer. I haven't done it yet because I wanted to have the clutch done at the same time.

The driver seat is worn and needs some patching or replacement of the leather.

On the Plus side:
It is all wheel drive.
The timing belt was replaced around 200K.
Brakes and Rotors were done at 227K.
I have a set of studded winter tires (I don't know the brand off the top of my head) on cheap rims that are on the car now.
The stock rims have Kuhmo Ecsta 711 on them. Less than 2000K have been placed on the tires. I am thinking that these will fit the new lancers but I am not certain. The bolt pattern is the same and they are 16inch rims.
Both driver side tie rod ends are new.
New Windshield - replaced end of nov start of december 2005.

The reason I am selling. I lack the skill, tools, shop, time, money and effort needed to fix this car. I love the car but I can't afford a toy.

If you want a project car maybe this will work, if you want a parts car (I bet you get your moneys worth with the tires and if you claim the new transfer case from Chrysler) or it makes a great winter beater as the AWD and studded tires provide great traction in the snow and ice.

No I won't part it out. I am probably the last person you want pulling the car apart.

$2000 obo.

I will post pics as soon as I can.

You can reach me through PM, email at [email protected] or via cell - 463-8185

Thanks very much.
Jeremy

chris_049
01-21-2006, 09:27 PM
how firm are u on that price? burn any oil or anything of the sort?

chris_049
01-21-2006, 09:41 PM
ps. seriously interested.

JeremyD
01-22-2006, 10:00 PM
I am not firm on the price and will negoiciate. If you work in a camera store or have friends that do and can get a Panasonic PV GS250 or GS400 (mini DV camcorder) I would be willing to trade for one of those (tripod and a little cash for the gs250). this is the reason I am selling the car is to get a camcorder.

It doesn't burn oil at all. There are a couple small leaks but nothing large. Very little drain between oil changes. As I said the transfer case does leak a little (which is a recall and can be repaired at the dealer) and the rack and pinion as well.