PDA

View Full Version : compustar always in valet mode

gonefishing
12-29-2005, 09:53 AM
hey guys,

so the other day a friend borrows my truck and when he brings it back the alarm/starter is acting up. the alarm is fine if i arm and disarm it as soon as i turn off the ignition and get out of the truck but if i just leave it will go into valet mode (arm then disarm every few seconds). also when i start my truck in the morning i go to get in and if i don't put the key in and turn the key right away it will get into valet mode again. i use to be able to get in while the truck was started and not have to put the key in and turn until i was ready. and BTW this is the older blue remote.

integra_vate
12-29-2005, 10:06 AM
look on the back of the remote i believe its holding I + II for 3 sec or something like that. If this is the blue one its a little different then the new white one which has the extra setting with the clock settings.

Hope that helps.

integra_vate
12-29-2005, 10:07 AM
typo: could be I+III for 1/2 second

gonefishing
12-29-2005, 10:36 AM
i tried that but when i hit the I + III togeather the shock thing comes up. the remote only goes into valet made if i don't set the alarm as soon as i get out or if i don't put the key in and turn right away once i get in otherwise it works like normal :dunno:

integra_vate
12-29-2005, 11:42 AM
did you look on the back of the remote there is a brief manual instruction that may help.

core_upt
12-29-2005, 01:23 PM
it might be in auto mode - the car will lock and unlock itslef as you move in and out of range. What does it say on your remote?

compustar.org has manuals online too

Mar
01-02-2006, 03:09 PM
I have the white remote in my hand, holding I+II toggles valet mode, try that.

kenny
01-02-2006, 03:48 PM
Sounds like you are in auto mode. I think on all remotes you just hold down I for 2 seconds.

Mar
01-03-2006, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by kenny
Sounds like you are in auto mode. I think on all remotes you just hold down I for 2 seconds.

correct