PDA

View Full Version : Smoking Hookah

Drsuce
12-29-2005, 11:28 AM
is anyone here an experenced smoker? :P

im having problems with both of mine.... i just cant get thick thick smoke :(

i've tried using thicker foil, more holes, less holes. packing the bowl diffrently. nothing works :(

any ideas?

jdmakkord
12-29-2005, 11:37 AM
break up the tobacco more, dont pack as tight.

Drsuce
12-29-2005, 11:43 AM
already tried, i break it up and "flake" it into the bowl :/ leaving 2-3mm to the top of the bowl

Rockski
12-29-2005, 11:46 AM
does your hooka have a shot gun? if not, you might have an air leak or an improper seal some where that air is getting in

AllGoNoShow
12-29-2005, 12:55 PM
Yup make sure you check valve and seals are all in good conditiion and working properly. Make sure you make it right.

What sisha are you using? And coals?

Drsuce
12-29-2005, 12:58 PM
al nakhla (sp?) tobbacco and three kings coals.

it seems pretty air tight, when i put my hand over the bowl and suck i can feel the pressure, however the water still bubbles.

however on my bigger hookah it is solid brass and screws together (no way it leaks)

AllGoNoShow
12-29-2005, 01:02 PM
If its still bubbling and you have it completely sealed at the top of the bowl, you have a leak somewhere, bad seals or cracked.

Drsuce
12-29-2005, 01:12 PM
i curse jimmy! :(

looks like i have some work to do :/

Drsuce
12-29-2005, 01:19 PM
well, the botom of my bowl is oval! thats where its leaking..... much better now tho. not nearly as many bubbles...

AllGoNoShow
12-29-2005, 01:31 PM
If Jimmy sold you it go back and tell him the bowl you got from him is shit. He will probably give you another one for free and you will be on your way.

Rockski
12-29-2005, 01:41 PM
good
if you want a quick fix (messy as shit though)... chewwing gum
it forms a really good seal

Drsuce
12-29-2005, 01:47 PM
heh, i know jimmy prolly would :P hes a great guy

Drsuce
12-29-2005, 01:57 PM
gum didnt work at all :( my tin foil contraption seemed to get the job done best

AllGoNoShow
12-29-2005, 02:04 PM
New bowl actually works the best ;)

Man Im craving some shisha :(

redline_13000
12-29-2005, 02:09 PM
If its leaking where the bowl hooks up, use tissue paper wrapped around the bowl then put it in, if its where the glass hooks up use hockey tape or masking tape. If theres that little thing on the side that has little holes in it (relieves the smoke) plug it up with something (tissue ball etc). Also, make sure the water is about 1 inch above the end of the tube that submerges in the water!

Drsuce
12-29-2005, 02:14 PM
heh, the hookah im using right now, is brand new ;( got it for xmas!

GQBalla
12-29-2005, 02:49 PM
i found putting one hole about the size of a little smaller than a AAA battery works the best.

juss one hole in the middle and puff away and put the foil side down when you cover you bowl that way when the heat goes in the heat has a harder time to leave the bowl so you get thicker smoke!

Drsuce
12-29-2005, 05:30 PM
well, i got frustrated and broke the bowl :P

so i went down to a&a and got 2 more.... man i got pwned!

$30 for 2 bowls? cost me 83 bucks for a small donair, 200g box of fruit punch and 2 bowls.

i need to start buyin from the US.... $8 for a 200g box instead of $45

keith303
12-29-2005, 06:09 PM
just smoke some weed in it

Drsuce
12-29-2005, 06:30 PM
it ruins the hookah...

plus, the hits are sooooo harsh. i did hotbox a 2 car garage with my brass hookah tho :P

3G
12-29-2005, 08:18 PM
mmm argileeeee

Grip172
12-29-2005, 08:48 PM
wtf is hookah and sisha..i'm so lost

ca2p3r
12-29-2005, 08:51 PM
flavoured tobbacco out of a bong
white ppl terms .

Rockski
12-30-2005, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Drsuce
it ruins the hookah...

plus, the hits are sooooo harsh. i did hotbox a 2 car garage with my brass hookah tho :P

i had a home made one that could rock the socks off of any bought one

tawheed
12-30-2005, 03:20 AM
hookah just takes patience to perfect, it's all about packing the bowl correctly, applying the foil a certain way, water level and of course hole poking ability...

it's definitely an art =]

btw, i can blow some insane Os ;)

-tawheed

Drsuce
12-31-2005, 12:28 PM
well the new bowls did the trick... partly ;) still not as think as i once remember it to be tho ;(

however i tried putting some red wine in the water, and it seemed to add a richer taste ;) definitly worth a try if you havent already

3G
12-31-2005, 12:36 PM
well the new bowls did the trick... partly ;) still not as think as i once remember it to be tho ;(

however i tried putting some red wine in the water, and it seemed to add a richer taste ;) definitly worth a try if you havent already

i've tryed almost everything, milk :barf: water, pepsi, bacardi , 7up, orange and diff flavours of juice

mikey_mo_love
12-31-2005, 01:03 PM
well, i got frustrated and broke the bowl :P

so i went down to a&a and got 2 more.... man i got pwned!

$30 for 2 bowls? cost me 83 bucks for a small donair, 200g box of fruit punch and 2 bowls.

i need to start buyin from the US.... $8 for a 200g box instead of $45

join the U of C social smoke club. we get 15-30% off at A&A

WRXer
09-25-2014, 05:42 PM
Instead of starting a new thread thought I would post in here. Just curious how many hookah smokers are on beyond these days also what and where do you prefer to smoke.

Personally I like smoking at home primarily because lounges in Calgary only serve herbal shisha, but I wanted to see what brands do you guys smoke.

I mostly smoke Fumari and Medwakh's Nirvana Super Shisha (when I want something stronger). Just picked up some Argelini can't wait to try that.

My daily pipe is a KM World Cup but have a couple more I use once in a while (Shika, Al Falker, Nammour).

zipdoa
09-26-2014, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by WRXer
Instead of starting a new thread thought I would post in here. Just curious how many hookah smokers are on beyond these days also what and where do you prefer to smoke.

Personally I like smoking at home primarily because lounges in Calgary only serve herbal shisha, but I wanted to see what brands do you guys smoke.

I mostly smoke Fumari and Medwakh's Nirvana Super Shisha (when I want something stronger). Just picked up some Argelini can't wait to try that.

My daily pipe is a KM World Cup but have a couple more I use once in a while (Shika, Al Falker, Nammour).

I used to smoke a box of Al-Fakher White Grape every 2 weeks. I love smoking shisha.

I stopped because cardio and or lungs/cancer.

ercchry
09-26-2014, 09:16 AM
vape is just way too easy and convenient... havent touched the hookah in about a year? no more holes in the carpet/couch is a huge plus too :rofl:

WRXer
09-28-2014, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
vape is just way too easy and convenient... havent touched the hookah in about a year? no more holes in the carpet/couch is a huge plus too :rofl:

You try out those E-Hookah bowls yet? Haven't really tried vaping yet but kinda interested in trying out a E-bowl.

For the juices how does the nicotine juice taste vs non?

WRXer
09-28-2014, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa

I used to smoke a box of Al-Fakher White Grape every 2 weeks. I love smoking shisha.

I hear you on that lol I smoke around every second day when I'm in town. When I go to work up north is what I consider my "break" from it.

ercchry
09-29-2014, 09:57 AM

You try out those E-Hookah bowls yet? Haven't really tried vaping yet but kinda interested in trying out a E-bowl.

For the juices how does the nicotine juice taste vs non?

No, i havent tried an e-hookah. Nic vs non for juice is basically nic has the "throat hit" that smokers like, and also gives you a bit of a buzz like you'd get from the hookah.

GQBalla
09-29-2014, 10:38 AM
Vaping is way better then Shisha.

Shisha is a bitch to set up

flipstah
09-29-2014, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by zipdoa

Yup, same here. Cafe Med is my hangout for food as well.

Originally posted by GQBalla
Vaping is way better then Shisha.

Shisha is a bitch to set up

+1. I only use my hookah when I have people over but if it's just myself, eff dat noise.

WRXer
09-30-2014, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by ercchry

No, i havent tried an e-hookah. Nic vs non for juice is basically nic has the "throat hit" that smokers like, and also gives you a bit of a buzz like you'd get from the hookah.

Well now you got my curiosity going so looks like I'm gonna order a E-hookah head and try it out.

Honestly I don't mind the set up time but saving me from coal burns is a big thing.

Neil4Speed
09-30-2014, 09:32 AM
Question, whats a good spot to buy a Hookah Locally which isn't super overpriced. I bought one from Hookah-Shisha which as supposed to be good quality, but the seals went super quick and now it doesn't smoke at all.

Now that everyone is talking about Vape, I'd be interested to know what a good place to get that would be as well.

flipstah
09-30-2014, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed
Question, whats a good spot to buy a Hookah Locally which isn't super overpriced. I bought one from Hookah-Shisha which as supposed to be good quality, but the seals went super quick and now it doesn't smoke at all.

Now that everyone is talking about Vape, I'd be interested to know what a good place to get that would be as well.

Which hookah did you buy from them? I bought my Regal hookah through them and it's good to me thus far.

I know Cafe Med sells one with a case but they were $200 for what looked to be, generic designs.

sabad66
09-30-2014, 10:10 AM

Khalil Mamoon hookahs are great. I wasn't able to find anyone that sells them locally tho.. had to order online.

Disoblige
09-30-2014, 10:51 AM

+1, looking to get a couple for friends and they spend a TON on shisha.

DENZILDON
09-30-2014, 11:58 AM
Here's the vape thread

http://forums.beyond.ca/st2/vaporizers/showthread.php?s=&threadid=374347&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1

WRXer
09-30-2014, 01:28 PM

I have a couple hookahs, my favorite at the moment is my KM. I usually wait for a sale before picking it up because the good ones are around $180. They're is a guy that is selling some on kijiji in Calgary now, if you got him down $20-30 less I would say it's not a bad deal.

If your going for looks and smoke go for Shika and Farida. I have both they smoke great but the stems are so heavy makes them a little unstable for when people are over.

Neil4Speed
09-30-2014, 03:30 PM

If your going for looks and smoke go for Shika and Farida. I have both they smoke great but the stems are so heavy makes them a little unstable for when people are over.

This is what I hate, I have wrecked carpets before - like everyone, so annoying.

flipstah
09-30-2014, 03:59 PM

This is what I hate, I have wrecked carpets before - like everyone, so annoying.

That's why I do it outside or at Cafe Med. :thumbsup:

WRXer
09-30-2014, 05:17 PM

Lol if that's your main concern go for a KM mini Beast with a Minzari bowl and you will be good. That is probably the safest set up you could have.

Just make sure you have a good long hose.

WRXer
10-01-2014, 02:39 PM
Well ordered a E-Bowl (Flux). Looks of good quality and it was close to half the price of the others I saw so I'm hoping for good things....

Only thing is that the E-Head you can adjust the voltage but I'm guessing with 4 coils on the Flux I shouldn't have a problem with clouds.

finboy
10-01-2014, 03:19 PM
Used to go to cafe med all the time, even bought one of their hookah's when they were selling a bunch. Usually I just do it while camping/having bbq's, pretty sure the gf and landlord would kill me if I did it in the house :rofl:

baddy101
11-04-2014, 06:35 PM
Hey guys,

Just saw this thread. Heres the new online Hookah shop in calgary www.oxidehookah.com

sabad66
11-04-2014, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by baddy101
Hey guys,

Just saw this thread. Heres the new online Hookah shop in calgary www.oxidehookah.com
Cool, nice to have a local place that sells KMs and coconut coals.

I see they also have the lotus - I have one of these and would highly recommend. Keeps the temperature perfect

baddy101
04-06-2015, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by sabad66

Cool, nice to have a local place that sells KMs and coconut coals.

I see they also have the lotus - I have one of these and would highly recommend. Keeps the temperature perfect

I love the lotus. Works great with coco coals!

K-SHOX
04-14-2015, 05:02 PM
I second the coconut coals, don't smoke with anything else.
Get all your hookah gear from Oxide Hookah, I know the guy personally and he's a great guy!

WRXer
04-16-2015, 08:42 PM
I use coco nara and gala for coals. I haven't tried the lotus but I really like the looks of the Minzari Bowl
http://minzarihookah.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/minzarihookahcrown.png

K-SHOX
04-17-2015, 08:57 PM
:banghead:

baddy101
10-31-2015, 05:08 PM
I use coco nara and gala for coals. I haven't tried the lotus but I really like the looks of the Minzari Bowl
http://minzarihookah.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/minzarihookahcrown.png

I heard some good things about the minzari. Only thing though is you have to squeeze juices out of the Shisha so I'd doesn't drip onto your coals which is weird if the whole point is to keep your tobacco moist for longer sessions. I prefer the lotus cuz it just sits on top of the bowl and your set

sabad66
11-01-2015, 10:48 AM
Where are people getting tobacco these days? I want some fumari... Don't think anyone carries it locally.

Any good websites to order from?

baddy101
11-02-2015, 05:07 AM
Where are people getting tobacco these days? I want some fumari... Don't think anyone carries it locally.

Oxide Hookah sells all the pipes and accessories but no Shisha yet. Your best bet is probably trying a middle eastern grocery shop or a cafe. Fumari is hard to find. Very rare. AF is the most common if you can find it.

baddy101
05-30-2016, 12:51 PM
Carbon Fiber hookah Hose!

https://www.oxidehookah.com/collections/featured-hookah-products/products/aot-carbon-1-hose?variant=18643198977

sabad66
05-30-2016, 01:07 PM

In case anyone else is looking for Fumari, i ordered 4 pouches from a company in the US called South Smoke. Didn't pay any taxes when it came in, but i heard it depends on if you're unlucky enough for customs to check your specific package.

G-ZUS
05-30-2016, 02:00 PM

In case anyone else is looking for Fumari, i ordered 4 pouches from a company in the US called South Smoke. Didn't pay any taxes when it came in, but i heard it depends on if you're unlucky enough for customs to check your specific package.

I got a lucky a couple times until they opened it

madramzi24
05-30-2016, 03:59 PM
Just go to basha foods. they're pretty good.

G-ZUS
05-31-2016, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by madramzi24
Just go to basha foods. they're pretty good.

Basha sells the herbal stuff

stealth
06-01-2016, 01:57 PM
If anyone needs Starbuzz products let me know.

simonseys
06-01-2016, 05:45 PM
^PM'd

baddy101
06-02-2016, 07:28 PM
I enjoy Blue Mist from Starbuzz. Also they're new vintage line is good.

Btw OxideHookah has 10% off online orders. OH10 is the code

Thaco
06-02-2016, 08:02 PM
holy shit 10 year old thread batman

baddy101
06-02-2016, 10:47 PM
It lives on!