PDA

View Full Version : i need help... salvage vehical inspection

wontonjohnny
12-29-2005, 11:54 AM
i need a place that will pass my car without trying to milk my money.....

took it to Euroworks and they made me pay the 250 fee before looking at it... then went on to say i need a new muffler cause it had rust.... a new bumper cover cause it was cracked.... New brakes cause it was only 30% left on the pads... and redo the rad support cause it was slightly crooked.... fuckin bull shiet man.

ga16i
12-29-2005, 12:02 PM
Master Tune down 32nd. It's in that little automotive plaza kind of place by Speedtech. Charged me $49.99 for a insurance safety inspection a few days ago. I think Canadian Tire had inspection listed as $59.99.

bmeier
12-29-2005, 12:18 PM
he is talking about a salvaged vehicle repair, which is alot more thorough than a safety inspection...

anyways I dont know any place that is better than that, go talk to some lower end small shops and they might pass it for you...

they are very strict on salvage titles and dont usually let alot pass....

wontonjohnny
12-29-2005, 12:22 PM
man ive seen cars in worse shape that my car , my previous car had frame damage and was repaired and still looked worse than this car

3G
12-29-2005, 08:39 PM
There's a shop on 41st off ogden road, forgot his name but he does good work. Those prices aren't un-reasonable. The inspection usually costs 300 bucks

wontonjohnny
12-29-2005, 08:53 PM
i think your talking of dana @ honda auto specailist or sumthing like that.... i called him already, he cant do salvage inspections.

3G
12-29-2005, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by wontonjohnny
i think your talking of dana @ honda auto specailist or sumthing like that.... i called him already, he cant do salvage inspections.

nope

wontonjohnny
01-01-2006, 04:18 PM
help

Alpine Autowerks
01-02-2006, 01:00 AM
that's a fair prlce. and those are all proper calls.

3G
01-02-2006, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Alpine Autowerks
that's a fair prlce. and those are all proper calls.

:werd: these arent easy to pass, the smallest thing they find they'll fail u on

tapout
01-02-2006, 06:34 AM
they have changed the rules and they are strict so they got everyone by the balls

sr20dets13
11-30-2006, 12:52 AM
i know this thread is a year old lol..but i also need advice on this
i recently got a 240sx with slight rad support damage..if i bend it
back so the everything lines up...will they pass it..or do i need to
completly replace the rad support?

3G
11-30-2006, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by sr20dets13
i know this thread is a year old lol..but i also need advice on this
i recently got a 240sx with slight rad support damage..if i bend it
back so the everything lines up...will they pass it..or do i need to
completly replace the rad support?

dont cheap out on putting ur car back on the road, just go to pick ur part itll be 10 bucks max and spray bomb it, screw it and thats it

Supa Dexta
11-30-2006, 09:51 AM
I don't even know about my car.. It got smashed pretty good that time, and went in the shop for a few weeks.. They called and said it was ready, I showed up and they said there was something to sign, but it wasn't reasy.. So I told them to let me know when it was and I'd stop by.. But I never heard anything, and never had to get any inspection or anything..

:dunno:

sr20dets13
11-30-2006, 11:45 AM
well its my rad support on a project car im doing..its not really
all that bent up..and the car drove perfect..just the fenders.bumper and headlights dont line up perfect..in order
t opass the inspetcion do i need to replace the rad support?
or can bending it back to make everything line up work too?

3G
11-30-2006, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
I don't even know about my car.. It got smashed pretty good that time, and went in the shop for a few weeks.. They called and said it was ready, I showed up and they said there was something to sign, but it wasn't reasy.. So I told them to let me know when it was and I'd stop by.. But I never heard anything, and never had to get any inspection or anything..

:dunno:

The inspection only applies to vehicles that are written off by insurance companies, then someone will buy it (either back frm the insurance co. or from an auction) and they repair it to be put back on the road

Supa Dexta
11-30-2006, 09:00 PM
cool.. yeah I always wondered, how exactly it would get on say carfax or something.. I never even had insurance on it at the time, so unless the shop reports it.. I dunno..

euro_racer
11-30-2006, 09:08 PM
those inspections are hard to pass, IMO get it done right or dont bother fixing cars...in the long run it is better for everyone

FYI by january 1, pictures of all 4 sides of the vehicle before it was fixed is required to pass inspection so for you guys who have fixed cars and no pictures, you might want to hurry up and get an inspection done before time is up :thumbsup: