PDA

View Full Version : Xbox live is dirty evil hookers

403Gemini
12-29-2005, 12:56 PM
So for months i havent played my xbox live. no interest since all of the cheaters in most of the games and ive been way to busy with school and my sisters wedding plans etc.

So i scour my xbox live options screen and theres nothing there for cancelling a subscription, only changing my monthly subscription to an annual one. yea cause i wanna do that :rolleyes: . so my buddy just suggests "clear the visa number off the line, then they have nobody to bill" sure enough, cant do that either. So i check their website incase i need to cancel there. Nope, they tell me to log on and cancel via xbox menu. yea sure enough using their step by step instructions it leads to a menu that doesnt exist.

so i shoot xbox off this email:

I havent used xbox live in months. And ive continually tried to cancel my account but conveiniently enough there isnt anything under "subscription" *short of asking me if i want to be billed annualy*, credit card *cant cancel it*, and "account settings".

please give me step by step instructions on how to cancel this service.

and after 6 days i get this (6 days from a company like microsoft isnt impressive AT ALL) (also they added in those weird stars, i dont know if this is some robot reading my email)

Thank you for writing Xbox Customer Support.

Thank you for your inquiry. However, we do apologize but this issue is supported over the phone, so we may cancel your Xbox Live account upon your request.

Please call 1-800-4MYXBOX (1-800-496-9269) or International direct dial to US: 425-635-7180 at your earliest convenience, and we will be more than happy to assist you. We are open from 9 AM to 12 Midnight Central Time.

very cookie cutter, i hate these fucking responses. almost solidifies my belief it is a cyborg processing their emails.

I hate cancelling via phone because most places just try and whore out the service. to get a free 20 dollar gift card at futureshop awhile back you had to subscribe for a 30 day free trial of america online (of course billing resumed after that, and to cancel with that i spent 1 hr on the phone with the guy telling him im not fucking interested).

So i call the 1800 number, knowing that most companies that offer a 1800 number make it available to north america. nope, not the globally dominant microsoft. that 1800 number only works in the states. now im going to have to call long distance to cancel this stupid service.

Unless im just blind or fucking retarded, does anybody know how to cancel this without having to call them?

teknical
12-29-2005, 12:59 PM
I called and had to cancel, told them my first xbox crapped out and i didnt want it anymore, sure enough the guy says: "Would you like us to repair your xbox at a very low price" hmmm, not really, considering the xbox is modded :)

So I tell him no, and that all I need is a computer, because 99% of the games i have are online play for FREE. So he cancelled it and said that I hope to join xbox live later in the future :rolleyes:

mike0989
12-29-2005, 01:01 PM
I had no problems cancelling my subsciption over the phone, just told em i was going to school and didnt have the time anymore, he asked if i had any buddies that might like it, i said no and he said ok its cancelled

ZEDGE
12-29-2005, 02:07 PM
I cancelled mine once. I called the 1-800 number no problems. Not sure what your problem is. :confused: And calling is the only way to cancel. 1-800-4MY-XBOX

edit*

hmm tried it and it does not work.. it did when I tried before.. strange.. :dunno:

GQBalla
12-29-2005, 02:52 PM
cancel your credit card!

this reminds me of that friends episode where chandler is tryin to cancel his gym mmember ship!

cut off microsoft at the source!

Bill Cosby
12-29-2005, 03:31 PM
i cancelled awhile ago, but they wouldnt let me until i gave them the creditcard number on the account which i didnt know, it was a big mess but i got it sorted and they refunded the money

1800-4-MYXBOX works.. i dont know what you are talking about

ZEDGE
12-29-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
cancel your credit card!

this reminds me of that friends episode where chandler is tryin to cancel his gym mmember ship!

cut off microsoft at the source!

lol

Thats like cutting off your arm because you got a paper cut...

Just call them and cancel. Its really not that difficult..