PDA

View Full Version : michener allen auctions

neely
03-02-2003, 02:29 PM
im thinking of catching the next auction to pick up a new vehicle. anyone here ever had any probs with buying cars with problems from them? Just wondering how so many cars end up there and what are the chances of them being messed up more than the eye can see.

RiceCake
03-02-2003, 03:02 PM
Think most of the better cars are usually bank repos. I still think its a better idea just to keep an eye out for a good deal than to buy a car from an auction. Something about the fact that you can not test drive the vehicle, and that they have little info about the cars make me skeptical.

szw
03-02-2003, 03:45 PM
Not sure about all hte auctions, but I remember one, you can test drive/inspect and pick out the good vehicles you are interested in, all before the auction.

So you know what to bid on during the auction.

Not sure if all function like that though.

Personally I like bank repos...they don't have time to bag the shit out of the car before they sell it, like I would!

szw
03-02-2003, 03:48 PM
OH yeah and the whole atmosphere is quite intimidating! So go to a few auction before to just hang around and see how everything works.

Also bring someone (a mechanic) who knows a lot about cars...and get a full inspection done right after you purchase the car. I believe you have like a 24hour return period if certain major things are wrong with it (you have to check the actual rules to be sure).

There are some good deals to be had at auctions.

CrAzY_PLaYa
03-02-2003, 07:00 PM
I go to auctions every weekend.

You can not testdrive the car, you can only turn it on, move it ahead and back 2 feet.

Bank Repo's aint bad, but some ppl fcuk the car up when the bank repossesses it..for exampple my cuzn was gonna buy a Neon for $2500, but he didnt win it and he went to check it out the next day, the whole a/c / heat thing was fcuked up, he was glad he dint win..Another guy smashed the windows in his jetta when it was repossessed..

You can get some pretty good deals if you know what yur doing..I bought a 92 Corsica for $1450 at Michener and nothing was wrong with it.well it had a leaking problem but that was fixed..

Remember: When Your Bidding on A Car, Don't Bid too High, Allow For Some Things To Be Broken etc....and dont get intimidated by thoses mofos out there.

I believe you have like a 24hour return period if certain major things are wrong with it (you have to check the actual rules to be sure). That My Friend Depends on The Car, Like Some Cars Up To a certain price are covered by that (i think its 4g's) if not its sold "As is" "where is"

Good Luck With Bidding

If You have enough time you might wanna check out Graham or Regal Auctions

hjr
03-02-2003, 08:24 PM
The thing with that auction is that that is where dealers send the cars they cant move within 3 to 6 months just to get rid of em. Now this may seem good on the surface, but the car didnt move for a reason. Usually cause its a nothin car (buick 88's, chevy coricas ^, Chrysler Dynasty's, and other cars like that, that people just dont want to buy. Ive checked out mitchner's last couple auctions and there is almost no import cars at all and the ones they have are junk (i have looked for an MK3 golf, 240sx [i know, dreaming], and a couple of others but the good cars just dont show up their). The reason is that the dealers have very little problem selling them, so ther is no need to dump them at an auction.

CrAzY_PLaYa
03-02-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by hjr
The thing with that auction is that that is where dealers send the cars they cant move within 3 to 6 months just to get rid of em. Now this may seem good on the surface, but the car didnt move for a reason. Usually cause its a nothin car (buick 88's, chevy coricas ^, Chrysler Dynasty's, and other cars like that, that people just dont want to buy. Ive checked out mitchner's last couple auctions and there is almost no import cars at all and the ones they have are junk (i have looked for an MK3 golf, 240sx [i know, dreaming], and a couple of others but the good cars just dont show up their). The reason is that the dealers have very little problem selling them, so ther is no need to dump them at an auction.

Not really? i bought that corsica, decided i wanted something else and sold it within 2 weeks..

Also these r some imports, like toyotas, Hondas, Acuras..Mind you they had an NSX at Regal Auctions a few weeks back..and yah dealers usually dump their cars there hence the name Dealer Auctions

ecstasy_civic
03-02-2003, 11:12 PM
bought my rx7 at regal, good deal nad decent car.

by the way I SOLD MY RX7!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap:

CrAzY_PLaYa
03-02-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
bought my rx7 at regal, good deal nad decent car.

by the way I SOLD MY RX7!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap:

sweet how much? :poosie:

EVOI
03-02-2003, 11:50 PM
just wondering where do u guys get the information about those auctions??:confused:

persid
03-02-2003, 11:52 PM
Going down there and checking it out helps :)

ecstasy_civic
03-02-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by CrAzY_PLaYa

sweet how much? :poosie:

1200:thumbsup: i needed to get rid of it my dad wanted his garage spot back lol.

and now my civic is back on the road and i just found a few spare parts lying around on another car ive called dibs on:rofl:

its beginning!!!:devil: :angel: :clap:

CrAzY_PLaYa
03-03-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by EVOI
just wondering where do u guys get the information about those auctions??:confused:

I get my info from the auctions :rofl: cuz im usually there

EVOI
03-03-2003, 12:50 AM
oh, but i don't even know where is it!!!:(

CrAzY_PLaYa
03-03-2003, 08:07 AM
Micheners on Barlow North..keep going North on barlow till you see the airport keep going a bit north, past the traffic light and you should see it...

Regals on 7th Ave Ne @ Barlow

and Grahams on 84 Street NE

EVOI
03-04-2003, 12:11 AM
hey~thanks~just one more question~when?

szw
03-04-2003, 12:18 AM
www.regalauctions.com

CrAzY_PLaYa
03-04-2003, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by EVOI
hey~thanks~just one more question~when?

Graham and Regal are every Saturday, Michener comes every once in a while..

D'z Nutz
03-04-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by CrAzY_PLaYa

Graham and Regal are every Saturday, Michener comes every once in a while..

Regal also has auctions on Wednesdays It's the Bank Repos that are on Saturdays.

Michener has auctions every other Saturday. They alternate between here and Edmonton each week.

Spawn
03-04-2003, 02:03 PM
Michener is in Edmonton on the 8th and Calgary on the 29th of March, i've been to quite a few over the years. You can find some good deals, if you know what your looking for.
BTW here is the web site.
http://www.michenerallen.com/