PDA

View Full Version : Highline Auto Custom

AllGoNoShow
12-30-2005, 09:33 PM

lastprodigy
12-31-2005, 02:39 AM
theyll probaly laugh your 16 yr old ass along with your 16 yr old car on outta there if you walk in there....though it seems like a nice place

b_t
12-31-2005, 02:52 AM
Their booth at the last show I went to had like SL500s and other top-flight Benzes making over 700hp.. so it is definitely a nice shop, but I am not sure what they will think of your car.

Goblin
12-31-2005, 04:07 AM
There site is a shitty site.

AllGoNoShow
12-31-2005, 05:50 AM

lastprodigy
12-31-2005, 12:23 PM
you cant expect much with your car at your age unless you roll in with 10G's cash at least...thats just how it works.....as much as it may suck

AllGoNoShow
12-31-2005, 12:28 PM

AllGoNoShow
12-31-2005, 12:34 PM

lastprodigy
12-31-2005, 12:48 PM
^ your sure not alone buddy.....but your love for cars isnt really worth much when walking into a shop...i had a showworthy car byt the time i was 17 built by myself....and many more people can say the same...youre not alone

AllGoNoShow
12-31-2005, 03:38 PM

Goblin
12-31-2005, 03:48 PM
I like alcohol.

DC2uned
12-31-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by lastprodigy
^ your sure not alone buddy.....but your love for cars isnt really worth much when walking into a shop...i had a showworthy car byt the time i was 17 built by myself....and many more people can say the same...youre not alone

:werd:

And also why the hell would you go to a specialty shop if you don't have money in hand or the intent to purchase things. For starters there isn't much there for you to look at. Second while you are wasting their time with questions about things you won't purchase, they could be helping somebody that is ready to buy something. And lastly some of the parts are worth more then your car, so really they are probably questioning your intent/ability to purchase.

I am not trying to be a dick. I am just telling you the way others look at it.

AllGoNoShow
12-31-2005, 04:17 PM

AllGoNoShow
12-31-2005, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Goblin
I like alcohol.

You drunken basterd, you started early!

danno
12-31-2005, 04:26 PM
^^^ i have to agree with that. i would never go to a shop that i don't know and throw down 2g's for something. i always check the prices between shops and see who wants to give the best deal. i always try and buy at a specific shop but if they don't give me the price i want then i'll move on.

if a company doesn't want to spend time on me then i won't shop there.

DC2uned
12-31-2005, 04:43 PM
I am am not saying money in hand as in the literal sense. Money in your bank card, there is that better for you?

And no I am not part of any shop, but I have encounterd many guys like you while purchasing parts.

FiveFreshFish
12-31-2005, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by DC2uned
Second while you are wasting their time with questions about things you won't purchase, they could be helping somebody that is ready to buy something.

The guy ready to buy has likely "wasted" a salesperson's time previously at one point asking questions.

Anyone can be a potential customer but you know not everyone will be one. You just don't know and you have to treat every one as if they will be your customer.

AllGoNoShow
12-31-2005, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

The guy ready to buy has likely "wasted" a salesperson's time previously at one point asking questions.

Anyone can be a potential customer but you know not everyone will be one. You just don't know and you have to treat every one as if they will be your customer.

Bingo!

DC2uned
12-31-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

Yeah I agree they should treat everyone the same, but honestly, you have the internet, research what you need then go in and buy it. Thats what I always do anyway.

AllGoNoShow
12-31-2005, 08:33 PM
There's some things the internet just can't provide. Like final pricing to the shop you are buying it from...
shipping times...
personal thoughts in person not online...
whether something of the same quality can be brought in for a cheaper price.....
other things the internet just doesn't help with.

max_boost
01-01-2006, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by DC2uned

Yeah I agree they should treat everyone the same, but honestly, you have the internet, research what you need then go in and buy it. Thats what I always do anyway. :werd:

With the volume of orders and people most shops have to deal with, it's difficult for them to offer a high level of service all the time. It's just business, nothing personal.

This is my approach when I contact shops, first I make sure I have the money, second I almost know exactly what I want, third I ask for their opinion on possible alternatives, fourth I try to compare prices if possible (online). Before I go down to the shop, I contact them first through e-mail or phone so they are expecting me.

EK 2.0
01-01-2006, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
:werd:

With the volume of orders and people most shops have to deal with, it's difficult for them to offer a high level of service all the time. It's just business, nothing personal.

This is my approach when I contact shops, first I make sure I have the money, second I almost know exactly what I want, third I ask for their opinion on possible alternatives, fourth I try to compare prices if possible (online). Before I go down to the shop, I contact them first through e-mail or phone so they are expecting me.

That's how Sam was when he was a client of mine at Sony, and it was GREAT dealing with him and Lyndsi.