PDA

View Full Version : fuse keeps blowing

LKL
12-31-2005, 12:48 AM
my deck stopped working today, out of the blue. was working fine all day, until this afternoon when i got back into my car from the store. turned the car on, no radio, no interior lights.

so i checked the radio fuse and its burned out. i replaced it, it blew right away when i stuck it in... disconnected the battery and replaced it once more, and again it blew.

I'm not really sure what to check for. everything else in my car is getting power, so i'm thinking it is a short along whatever circuit runs thru that fuse (radio and interior lights). its definitely not the interior lights, so...

its dark now so i cant really tear my system apart. is it possible for the fuse to burn like that if say... the wires from my deck to my door speakers disconnected and crossed? i've been doing a lot of door slamming lately. if its not that, i'll probably have to take the deck out and check it to make sure.... any input is much appreciated

edit: I drive a '03 cavalier. my deck is an alpine cda-9830 and was installed at visions 32nd in the summer of '04. door speakers are alpine type-s installed by yours truly.

AllGoNoShow
12-31-2005, 12:53 AM
Yes, if there is a short in the door somewhere then it will be causing your fuses to blow most liekly. Check all the wiring, u could with a flahslight as well if u got bored tongiht sometime.

It could be a loose wire behind the deck as well so just check everything but start with the most feasible, so your door wiring then go towards the deck.

A Short can be a bitch to find but it be all hell of a problem as well.

BerserkerCatSplat
12-31-2005, 02:30 AM
Sounds like a short, probably in the door. Doors are easy to disassemble, you should be able to track it down fairly easily.

If you need more blade fuses, I've got a bajillion I'll give away for no charge.