PDA

View Full Version : Euro tail kits...where?

Rembrant
03-02-2003, 06:03 PM
Hello Folks,
I'm in the market for a new bike, and I've got ZX7 or ZX9 on the brain, not sure which yet. Just wondering if any of you guys can tell me where to purchase those Euro tail kits, so you can remove the ugly licence plate bracket/hanger from the back of the bike. Are they even made to fit these bikes, or is there only certain ones they fit? Any info or websites would be great, so I can get a look at them, and get some prices. Or if you have any pics of your bikes with these installed. I'm not completely sold on the Kawis yet, so any pics or ideas regarding late model sport bikes would be great. Thanks guys.

Rembrant

dogstar
03-02-2003, 07:04 PM
i cant really help with the euro tails, but i can suggest, depending on your level of experience, youd be very happy with the zx9, very very streetable liter bike, and the performance isnt much behind the less comfortable, more race oriented bikes out there.

i really wouldnt suggest the zx9 for a newer rider though, kinda heavy and powerful for someone whos not got riding completely figured out.

Rembrant
03-03-2003, 04:34 AM
What would you consider to be more race oriented? I'm just curious. I assume like 600's and 750's?
I've been looking at a couple used bikes, and a '99 CBR 929 is one of them, and then there are two '99 Ninjas, a ZX7R, and a ZX9. Thanks for any opinions, I'm glad to hear them.

Rembrant

dogstar
03-03-2003, 01:19 PM
race oriented = R1 and GSX1000R
last time i checked out both bikes they had a very agressive riding posture, and were very edgy, at least the R1, as i didnt get seat time on the gsx1000, but ive heard its similar to the R1.

im partial to kawasaki, but id highly suggest looking at and riding the honda, ive heard theyre amazing bikes.