PDA

View Full Version : Tranny Problems

ConVict
07-04-2002, 02:21 PM
i just wondered if some one in the forum new more then me about trannies and could help me out!
i have a 5 speed, and after the car gets warm ( 30minutes ) its a real big pain in the ass to shift from 2nd to 3rd , its like it just hits a brick wall....
no matter if its hot OR cold, if the car is idleing, or off, i cant hold the clutch down and go through all the gears, it will get stuck from 2nd to 3rd... its fine if i go from 4th to 3rd, or any other combo, i have to let go of the clutch then push it back in , go back in forth in nuetral then it will go in .....
only does it once out of 5 times i shift, and only when its hot...
i really dont want to go buy a new tranny any time soon, so please tell me something i can do, or if i get it in for repair asap if it will save me some money....

Weapon_R
07-04-2002, 02:36 PM
Maybe its your synchro's. Fixing those is a lot cheaper than replacing the tranny.

ConVict
07-04-2002, 02:45 PM
how much am i looking at ?!?!:banghead:

4wheeldrift
07-04-2002, 06:43 PM
I'd get the 2nd gear synchro checked. For the rest of it, got me :dunno: Tranny fluid comes to mind, might be time to get it flushed out and new fluid put in.

5.9 R/T
07-04-2002, 09:46 PM
It's much cheaper to get a rebuilt or used tranny then to get someone to replace your syncros. Luckily you have an older car so a replacement shouldn't be too hard to come by.