PDA

View Full Version : Milestones Restaurant

topher91
12-31-2005, 02:53 PM
- Restaurant name: Milestones
- Location: located at the intersection of Center St and 8 Ave (Stephen Ave)
- Food rating 4/5
- Ambience 5/5
- Service 4/5
- Value 5/5

So me and my GF went on a dinner date here. Very good food. We had ordered the Brocollini for appitizers. It was something like broccoli with grated asiago cheese on top. The veggie was actually grilled and tasted great! For my main meal I had a 9 oz steak with butternut squash ravioli and steamed greens for $19.99 off the features menu. Awesome!!! :drool: For the 1st time ever I ordered a steak that came out exactly like I expected it too (ordered med-rare) My GF ordered a 9 oz grilled steak with baby potatos and steamed vegies for $18.99 off the regular menu. Also came with some great dipping sauces for the steak too!! She had a Bellini to drink and I had a glass of red wine.

The restaurant itself was very nice, not too dark. The server we had was mediocore (sp?) but the other servers who had brought out food and their hostesses were great.

Went on a Friday nite, wasn't too busy. We did have reservations though. They also have a great looking lounge area with bar. Similar to the dining room look.

I'd definatly return here for the food and ambiance.

Chris

69cougar
12-31-2005, 03:13 PM
Is this the same thing that is being built @ South Centre right now??

5.9 R/T
01-01-2006, 02:44 AM
Meh, average at best, I would compare it to a moxies or earls style restaurant. Fucking earls and moxies.

DowntownCowboy
01-11-2006, 10:45 AM
R/T is right, Milestone's is just another chain restaurant along the lines of Cactus & Joey's. I got too much of it in Vancouver, but I'll give them credit cause their food & service is superior. Their burger platters are sizable and my fave dish is the Thai Chicken Rollup. You'll notice their Palomino bars in a lot of airports lately too.

They're owned by the same company that owns Outback, Montana's, Harvey's & Swiss Chalet, so take you want from that...

jer82
01-11-2006, 10:57 AM
Yeah, I have been to the one in the Vancouver airport. It was really good food and not badly priced, but it is just like an Earls etc.

They were also really good about time as I was pressed to make it onto the airplane.

l8braker
01-11-2006, 11:02 AM
^ There's also one on Robson St. in Van which is excellent.

V6-BoI
01-12-2006, 11:46 AM
I go there for lunch sometimes for work. They have a really good lunch menu too. It's cool cuz they have a brunch section where you can order omelettes, and other brunch meals up until dinner. And their sandwiches are pretty huge too.

DowntownCowboy
01-12-2006, 03:07 PM
I forgot to mention my most favorite item on their menu that I get everytime I'm at the Milestone's in Whistler: the caramelized apple french toast (and I always ask for extra apples).

Ok I gotta get one of those this weekend.........

mo_virgin
01-13-2006, 08:57 AM
Milestones sucks, its all over the place in vancouver and everyone of them blows. Go to earls or joey's instead.