PDA

View Full Version : Dec 31 Oilers@Flames in HDTV on CBC-HD

rage2
12-31-2005, 04:12 PM
CBC updated their schedule... looks like the NYE Battle of Alberta is in HD tonight. Happy new years!

cman
12-31-2005, 04:21 PM
NICE. Happy new years!http://img0.img.nexopia.com/images/smilies/beer.gif

canadiandaytona
12-31-2005, 04:23 PM
much better choice..should be a sweet game :goflames:

kaput
12-31-2005, 04:59 PM

rage2
12-31-2005, 05:01 PM
It's too bad CBC doesn't invest in better cameras. Everytime CBC produces a game themselves and not use a HD feed from someone else, quality looks horrible, like it's only 480p widescreen. Spoiled by HDNet's amazing 1080i coverage.

LA Kings @ Dallas Stars on HDNet tonight as 6pm as well for those fortunate enough to get it ;).

googe
12-31-2005, 08:46 PM
FALSE ADVERTISING

its on CBC-HD but its not being aired in HD. pay attention before you get our hopes up ;)

they always do that on cbc-hd with west games. they air the toronto game in HD and then the west game in standard definition (probably why you think it looks like 480, cause it is)

FiveFreshFish
12-31-2005, 09:00 PM
A bit off topic but the Canada-USA game on regular cable TSN had the fuzziest score clock I have ever seen. Not sure what was up with that but the rest of the picture was fine.

googe
12-31-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by googe
FALSE ADVERTISING

its on CBC-HD but its not being aired in HD. pay attention before you get our hopes up ;)

they always do that on cbc-hd with west games. they air the toronto game in HD and then the west game in standard definition (probably why you think it looks like 480, cause it is)

ok, false alarm, this game actually is in HD apparently, starchoice is the one that is lying, not rage2 :D

my bad

rage2
12-31-2005, 09:10 PM
rage2 knows all ;).

On a side note, either CBC is not using their own cameras, or they fixed whatever they're doing wrong. The image quality is awesome tonight, very close to HDNet NHL coverage quality. Looks amazing in 1080p!

haha trust me, I'm talking about CBC's HD leafs coverage looking very soft. Maybe it's just the cameras in Toronto being shitty? Can't really compare to others much, cuz 99% of the HNIC games are friggin' leafs games haha.

googe
12-31-2005, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by rage2
rage2 knows all ;).

On a side note, either CBC is not using their own cameras, or they fixed whatever they're doing wrong. The image quality is awesome tonight, very close to HDNet NHL coverage quality. Looks amazing in 1080p!

haha, except the replay cameras looking like total ass

rage2
12-31-2005, 09:24 PM
haha, except the replay cameras looking like total ass
haha it's just that one camera behind the oilers net. I believe they only have *1* of those, so next period if flames score, it'll look pretty from that angle, cuz I'm pretty sure the flames net has the good camera there right now ;).

Seanith
01-01-2006, 04:19 PM
I saw my first HD hockey game a couple weeks ago when Edmonton played Vancouver. It was hurtin' when they would show replays from old games or something! You would go from HD to piss poor and you could really tell the difference! :D