PDA

View Full Version : devonian gardens NYE party a disappointment?

wontonjohnny
01-01-2006, 01:04 AM
so i heard it was a piss off getting in, only access was a single elevator.

lucky i got rid of my tickets

those who had enough patience to get in how was it???

Si_FlyGuy
01-01-2006, 01:18 AM
Already?? It's just after mid-night! I guess last year's thing at the Nexen building had its problems too.

I wonder what they did to ensure that those plants and animals don't get harmed from the cigarette smoke.

wontonjohnny
01-01-2006, 01:29 AM
yeah my friends called me after she left at 11 cause there was like hundreds of ppl waiting to up get... i hope theyll give a refund on unused tickets.

turboMiata
01-01-2006, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Si_FlyGuy
Already?? It's just after mid-night! I guess last year's thing at the Nexen building had its problems too.

haha, glad i didn't go. thomas lynch parties suck ass. last year they were shut down by the cops because they didn't have the proper license to have that kind of party. good luck getting your money back.

Mr_John
01-01-2006, 11:59 AM
Maybe its a good thing I didnt go either
was looking forward to it but delayed flights maybe saved my night?

soupey
01-01-2006, 12:44 PM
one of my buddies was at devonian gardens nye party, he said it was pretty good once he got in, but he was pretty drunk by then so i suppose it was pretty easy for him to say that about any party...

i still wonder how they manage to avoid having any damage to the plants + animals in there...

Si_FlyGuy
01-01-2006, 12:50 PM
I think that I'll head down for a stroll today to see the post clean-up damage.

rage2
01-01-2006, 02:03 PM
Even the cops were saying having only *1* entrace was retarded and really needed to open up more, but I don't think the mall would let them do it. There was another NY party at the devonian gardens a few years back and way too many ppl roaming the mall causing damange, so they forced ppl into 1 entrance. I'm sure there were a LOT of ppl that couldn't make it in. Stupid thing was, of all entrances they use the slowest elevator in existence. Only 10 people getting in and upstairs every 4-5 mins. Do the math...

Once we got in though, it was a pretty good party IMO. Spotted quite a few beyonder's there.

wontonjohnny
01-01-2006, 02:19 PM
what would happen if there was a fire???:eek: ... rampage in the mall

RickDaTuner
01-01-2006, 02:35 PM
I was there, It wasn't so bad... and it was an alright party once you were there at the top...

But i agree with rage, the stupid 8th ave only entrance that was dumb.
Then the C train one was only for VIP, they were barley fitting 2-4 people at a time... the could have at least gave the people the option to go up through the fire escapes.

rage2
01-01-2006, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by wontonjohnny
what would happen if there was a fire???:eek: ... rampage in the mall
I'm sure they'll make an exception and open up all the doors if there was a fire ;).

I got there at 9:30, and didn't have my first drink till around 11:00pm. I feel sorry for the folks that got there at 10:30, guaranteed they missed the countdown (which was 2 mins late lol).

theken
01-01-2006, 05:06 PM
was this in the devonian gardens in the mall?? u guys should have went through the laoding dock where u can all park, there is a freight elevator there takes you right up :bigpimp:

rage2
01-01-2006, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by theken
was this in the devonian gardens in the mall?? u guys should have went through the laoding dock where u can all park, there is a freight elevator there takes you right up :bigpimp:
haha they closed off all entrances ;). They had security by the washrooms to ensure that nobody got in through there.

Trust me, my parents have stores in TD and Eaton center, and I tried all the secret paths to the gardens and was rejected at every one lol.

01RedDX
01-01-2006, 05:58 PM

wontonjohnny
01-01-2006, 06:10 PM
holy crap, that was the crowd for the elevator? what time was that pic taken?

rage2
01-01-2006, 06:49 PM
That was the crowd for the bar. The elevator crowd was just as huge at around 9:30.

BigDannyCool
01-03-2006, 12:13 AM
lol all i see are browns and asians.

sexualbanana
01-03-2006, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by BigDannyCool
lol all i see are browns and asians.

Not true. I see 2 white people in the picture.

BigDannyCool
01-03-2006, 12:22 AM
we can make a game out of this, how many blondes chicks can you spot? i see 6

kenny
01-03-2006, 12:22 AM
With all the negative comments I've heard about the Devonian party, I still had fun haha. Alcohol saved that one for me. Trying to avoid falling into the water while walking around completely fucked was quite the adventure. I wonder how much alcohol was spilled into the water. Poor fish.

I think I spent half the night to the right of the picture at the little table just drinking.

GQNammer
01-03-2006, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

Not true. I see 2 white people in the picture.

Sorry mate, I spot 14!

Can anyone tell me where waldo is?