PDA

View Full Version : How to get rid of beer

(hemi(al hem1
01-01-2006, 03:00 PM
Spilled beer on car seats, whats the best cleaning solution to get rid of the smell?

Hakkola
01-01-2006, 03:02 PM
How did you manage that?

Kobe
01-01-2006, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
How did you manage that?

Drinking while driving, is my assumption

(hemi(al hem1
01-01-2006, 03:07 PM
Sorry foprgot to mention it was my mate in the back seat, so no, you wont be helping a "DRINKING DRIVER"

Supa Dexta
01-01-2006, 04:15 PM
cops have this stuff you just spray on... just go down to the nearest station and ask them to help you out...

but really you'd clean it like any other mess... is it on the carpet or seats?

Thaco
01-01-2006, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by (hemi(al hem1
Sorry foprgot to mention it was my mate in the back seat, so no, you wont be helping a "DRINKING DRIVER" its still illegal.

Mazstyle
01-01-2006, 04:26 PM
Just rent a rug doctor for like $50 and do the whole car.

(hemi(al hem1
01-01-2006, 04:40 PM
Thats the thing, there is no stain, I just want to get rid of the pungent smell, and the cleaner I bought doesnt do that. It's mainly on the seats, bit on the carpet (sprayed when opened), and it's not illegal where I live. Anybody know of a good smell remover?

Hakkola
01-01-2006, 05:00 PM
Where's Vaxjo?

Weapon_R
01-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
Where's Vaxjo?

Not here, which is the best thing i've read today.

Mr. Burns
01-01-2006, 05:20 PM
Sweden

BoS_DC2
01-01-2006, 05:28 PM
haha i wonder if sweden has febreeze, i think a steam cleaner will do?

(hemi(al hem1
01-01-2006, 05:37 PM
i have a wunderbaum but i need a permanent solution, homemade or commercial, maybe someone knows

FiveFreshFish
01-01-2006, 05:57 PM
Steam cleaning is your best bet.

GQBalla
01-01-2006, 06:23 PM
news paper!!!
or shampoo

DannyO
01-01-2006, 07:25 PM
This reminds me of something that happened to me once afew years ago, I was coming back from a buddies house after partying that night, but I had some beers left over, so I threw them in a bag and put them in the back of my car, just behind my seat, well got home and grabbed the bag and took them inside, about 2 weeks later, I was driving down the road and I decided to move my seat back abit, so I went to slide it backwards, well as soon as I shoved it back, I hear this huge pop and beer goes shooting all over my windows and all over the right side of me, I was COVERED in beer, clothes, face, legs, arm, dash, windows, all covered, I guess one of the beers rolled out the bag and I just didn't see it, thank GOD I didn't get pulled over, theres no way I coulda talked myself out of that one.

Something similar happened about a year before during winter, I guess a beer got left behind in my car, I go out one morning after a freezing cold night, to find frozen beer over a load of my interior, the can just froze then exploded as a result.

Just so people know, I don't drink and drive and these accidents weren't results from drinking in the car, just when I leave a buddies house and I have some spare beers and am going home, I just throw them in the back seat, I know its illegal in case your pulled over, but I learned my lesson :( , I don't know how I got rid of the smell, I think I just soaked it up really well and cleaned everything like normal.

Supa Dexta
01-02-2006, 11:24 AM
I see more people out here just walk out of the liqour store and throw in on the seat next to them or just on the back seat.. Used to be more strict in NS, put it in the trunk, not within reach of the driver, I assume the rules are the same out here, just not as inforced? Also a lot eaier to clean up back there should something happen.. I had a half full case and one tip over while driving and cracked in the trunk, take the carpet out hose it off, scrub out the trunk itself a bit and no worries...

94SSEi
01-02-2006, 05:23 PM
Lethbridge 5-0 is anal about not having any liqour IN the vehicle. It's gotta be in the trunk. My gf drives a reg cab Dakota and they even made her put it in the box instead of the cab when she was pulled over, even tho it was a bottle of corked wine and 6 MGD which were pop tops.

Mazstyle
01-02-2006, 05:42 PM
One time I knocked over an open carton of milk during transport <for paralyzers>..... I thought I got it all cleaned out but in a coupla days man....SOUR is all I can say. No matter how much I cleaned it, I could always smell it faintly. So I just sold the car...

Supa Dexta
01-02-2006, 09:56 PM
^ Haha

- tips over bottle -... "well shit, it's fucked now, wheres my for sale sign"

:rofl:

AllGoNoShow
01-03-2006, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
^ Haha

- tips over bottle -... &quot;well shit, it's fucked now, wheres my for sale sign&quot;

:rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: gold :D

Melinda
01-03-2006, 09:47 AM
Happened to me once. I was the designated driver one night and I told the guys in my back seat that if they opened the beer that they had and started drinking in my car, they would be walking the rest of the night. Well sure enough, we got downtown, I moved my seat forward to let them out and one of them dumps an open beer all over my driver's seat. I was so friggin pissed off that I left them there for the night and went home. They had to find their own way home and I woke him up bright and early the next day to clean my car. He took it to the car wash, cleaned it and put an air freshener in it. Smell was bad the morning after but after it was cleaned I had a hard time smelling it again. Sure was fun driving home from downtown with a wet beer soaked bum though! :guns:

kaput
01-03-2006, 11:18 AM

handsomebassman
01-03-2006, 11:34 AM
Your TRYING to get rid of the smell? My jeep, whenever i leave the tops off, and it rains, the carpet smells like a bums nutsac. I went camping, and spilled beer allover the thing when we were back at our random camp site. (no, i would never drink and 4wheel, it was at night.). Now when it rains, i get a nice foresty beer smell. Its delightful.