sept- oct -halloween

november - end of december - christmas and boxing day also
store re stock

we literally got murdered

so i was wondering this being my first warehouse job
is this like at all warehouses or juss this one and now the
guy who i talk to said is gonna be dead when jan starts i hope
so lol

so does anyone work at supply chain managmeny (scm)

anyone know if it actually does slow down or what?

DannyO
01-02-2006, 03:07 AM
I work for Genco Distributions, and we are one of the biggest warehouses in Canada, we are the suppliers of all the Canadian Tires in western Canada, we are busy, but I don't find it bad at all, sometimes you work hard, sometimes its slack, I have heard from other guys there that have worked at other warehouses like Sears, that Genco is the best they have been in, they don't work you like a dog, if you have any problems, there willing to help you sort it out, and there safety is awesome, they won't ask you to do anything too hard either, I have heard some crazy stories from other warehouses, but at Genco, they don't push you, you can even turn down work if it is too hard for you, or if there is a smell thats bothering you, gotta admit, its a great place to work, although I don't plan on staying there much longer, I'd recommend it to anyone, I'm on the afternoon shift and my team lead, supervisor and manager are great, have a great laugh with them, even our CEO is a good guy, hes helped me out before when I was just doing some mundane tasks, and given me his machines cos mine weren't as good.

All your asked to do, is be able to lift 50lbs by yourself, anything over that you can ask for help or even turn it down.

KuruptEX
01-02-2006, 03:13 AM
do u work with a partner or solo and where is this place
located?

FlySi
01-02-2006, 04:23 AM
dude u sound like a pussy, maybe your not cut for real work.

perhaps a change of scenery? i hured that chuck e cheese is hiring, probably a little more on your level.

Mo Squared
01-02-2006, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by FlySi

perhaps a change of scenery? i hured that chuck e cheese is hiring, probably a little more on your level.

It is people like you that ruin beyond man, the guy didnt want you to comment on whether or not hes a pussy, and personally i dont think he is....it was a good question about whether or not it was going to slow down, he never said he didnt like it there or bitched and complained, so go waste banwidth on stupid comments like that somewhere else.

Anyway to answer your question, i used to work at a warehouse and it was the same thing for me, but i did slow down after january, we were responisble for frozen foods and meat, so it was a bad smell but it was busy after the summer and during winter so some strange reason and then died in january till july, but then again it was a food wharehouse

DannyO
01-02-2006, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by KuruptEX
do u work with a partner or solo and where is this place
located?

It varies all the time, the place is just down the road from Race City, you can't really miss it, just look for the massive warehouse with about 1500 Canadian Tire trucks.

We're also slowing down this month, but are expected to get really busy when Feb hits as e will start to get the spring stuff in, which will consist of alot of heavy shit, but its all good.

Drsuce
01-02-2006, 07:32 AM
heh, yah all the spring CT shipments suck anal leakage :P all the patio stuff, lawn mowers, yard equipment etc. and of course all the tires :P

i piddy da fool who has to stack all those ghey 14inch tires all day :P

BerserkerCatSplat
01-02-2006, 11:38 AM
I used to work at the Westfair Foods warehouse, it was the same deal except it was fresh produce / frozen meat /dairy / grocery. Around the holidays it was nasty, but it gets downright slack after Christmas.

KuruptEX
01-03-2006, 01:47 AM
oh okay thanx for the info it my first time working in
a warehouse so i thought it be bust like this all year round
but yea today went to work slow as hell i was literally
about to fall asleep thanx again for the info

sorry not to be rude but do ya even got a job?

Seanith
01-03-2006, 08:52 PM
Doesn't help your question, but once with school we toured SCM. I thought it was a cool operation.

DJ Lazy
01-03-2006, 08:55 PM
Hahaha... I ship in SCM once in awhile for one of my customers.. Small world

88CRXGUY
01-08-2006, 11:59 AM
I work at Genco as well. Ive been there for almost 3 years, its a good place to work. The work is really easy and we do have our downtime, like we do right now from January to about the starting of March(Depending on CT's scheudal). We do have our problems like any other warehouse, but what workplace doesn't have problems. There are some warehouses that are just crap, but work is work. The only thing that you may have problems with after awhile is the dust. I worked at Standens in the south and it was one of the dirtiest places I have ever worked in. This guy on a dockstocker dumped his load and drove away, didn't clean it up or anything. It didn't help either when they fork drivers drove where people walked, kind of scary. Even the drinking fountains were black, the oringinal color was sliver..ewww...

Haha you think thats 14 inch tires everyday eh...Come during the spring/summer season when its 200 pound BBQ's and 260 pound Gazebo's lol...Does that sound like pussy work???

We should be hiring people in the spring period(Im not 100 pecent sure, im not mangement). Our turnover rate this year for some reason was high, so who knows.

I can give you guys the addy if you like, but I don't know if I am allowed to post those sort of things on the forum.