PDA

View Full Version : My Subaru Sounds like a Honda :(

RickDaTuner
01-02-2006, 03:28 AM
so after installing those sweet sweet sets of headers, Wombat lead me to buy off Ebay, I've come to realize two things....

1. Stainless steel sure does change color all purdy like

2. man its like the engine Internals went on a diet, it just seems to rev so freely now

3. Torque City batman, now all gears feel like that sweet sweet 3rd gear pull

4. man does this car ever sound like a Honda now.. haha

well alright it was more like realizing 4 things, but either way, for you Subaru types, if you guys are looking for a very nice mod for your car, i would suggest some headers, equal length or not, well worth the upgrade, and for the record, on the STi, the lag induced by larger diameter pipes is barley noticeable! Two big thumbs up for those Asian parts manufactures that like to sell Super high quality parts for next to nothing, and thank God for those "make no money" ebay vendors:thumbsup:

googe
01-02-2006, 03:35 AM
yeah, buying unequal length headers on a subaru and sacrificing that 5hp is worth it to avoid the honda sound :D

did you get yours coated?

benyl
01-02-2006, 11:41 AM
with that Nurspec, it must sound like a fart can civic... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

RickDaTuner
01-02-2006, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by googe
yeah, buying unequal length headers on a subaru and sacrificing that 5hp is worth it to avoid the honda sound :D

did you get yours coated?

I am only going to wrap them, I hear that its not worth the price for a ceramic coating, also have been reading that it causes tons of corrosion, i just installed them because i got tired of them hanging in my garage

and for the record these headers are semi Equal length, they are about 2" to short to be equal length, but more than the factory headers

Originally posted by benyl

I dunno what it sounds like, it's almost a mix between the Subaru Boxxer sound ,abd a honda, mixed in with a Rotary engine...:dunno: all I know is that its almost a garantee to get fireballs from ever shift when it really put it down

:bigpimp:

mac_82
01-02-2006, 12:52 PM
what kind of brand did you buy?

JAYMEZ
01-02-2006, 01:12 PM

lol werd... You damn ricer!! :rofl:

RickDaTuner
01-02-2006, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by mac_82
what kind of brand did you buy?
from what the vendor told me over email, its an Unbraded Tomei Header and Up pipe, thier B grade stock, wich really looks like A grade, you can get the same style headers from daddy sport compacts and i forget who else.

here is the link to the ebay Item,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8018809445&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AEOIBSA%3ACA%3A11

http://i1.ebayimg.com/02/i/05/1a/ag/3c_1.JPG

the headers that this guy were selling only lasted for about 5 hours before they were all gone, i guess everyone knew what they were getting

EK 2.0
01-02-2006, 07:40 PM

Probably slow like one too...haha

RickDaTuner
01-02-2006, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

Probably slow like one too...haha

haha yeah prolly... but my Honda Runs 21lbs of boost, what does your run? haha I kidd I kidd...

dj_honda
01-02-2006, 08:34 PM
this thread is worthless without a sound clip or 4 wheel drift video or something. :D

EK 2.0
01-02-2006, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
haha yeah prolly... but my Honda Runs 21lbs of boost, what does your run? haha I kidd I kidd...

sheeit son you din know??...14.6 yo...for reala...

benyl
01-02-2006, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner

21 lbs is way out of the efficiency range of the stock turbo. Especially at this elevation. You may as well take a hair dryer and replace the turbo with it.

All you are doing is blowing hot air into your engine.

1-Bar
01-02-2006, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

sheeit son you din know??...14.6 yo...for reala...

haha....he's talking about positve pressure, you know what comes after 14.6 atmosphere :)

coles' notes:
rick's 35.6 >> arif's 14.6:poosie:

RickDaTuner
01-02-2006, 10:27 PM

21 lbs is way out of the efficiency range of the stock turbo. Especially at this elevation. You may as well take a hair dryer and replace the turbo with it.

All you are doing is blowing hot air into your engine.

on the colder days thats what its creeping to, I'm not gonna port the turbo since I'm planning to swap it out for a different one in the near future.

but yeah %94 Injector Duty cycle i know i shouldn't be boosting that much...

RickDaTuner
01-03-2006, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by 1-Bar

haha....he's talking about positve pressure, you know what comes after 14.6 atmosphere :)

coles' notes:
rick's 35.6 >> arif's 14.6:poosie:

Werd Chirs knows what he's talking about...

Really I just want to be able to hit 2bar... haha and then my engine can die a fiery death...

jokes jokes :bigpimp: