PDA

View Full Version : For Sale - Miscellaneous Stereo (Willing To Give For Free)

Mar
01-02-2006, 04:10 PM
I have a bunch of stereo equipment I accumulated for next to nothing and if I don't get a home for it today, it's finding a home in the dumpster.

Sony Receiver / Tape Deck
-- No more than a couple of watts, though it does work good for taking sound from a DVD player and pumping it out to some speakers.
-- One of the RCA jacks are loose so if you jiggle it, the speaker cuts in and out
-- It does technically work other than that.
-- Don't know if the tape deck works, looks like it would.
-- Has some sort of bass boost inside the unit itself
-- Will give away for free if only one person wants it.
-- Getting garbaged tonight.

4 Speakers
-- 2 tower speakers, they're totally trashed. They work kind of intermittently and I think the midrange is gone in one of them. The other looks like someone put their foot through it.
-- They do technically work with some TLC.
-- 2 shelf speakers, one's taped up which means someone probably took it apart for some reason. And it doesn't work the greatest.
-- The other one works pretty fine though.
-- No more than a few watts each.
-- Will give away for free if only one person wants them.
-- Getting garbaged tonight.

Phillips Receiver
-- This one works pretty good, I currently use it.
-- Seems like it's a few hundred watts
-- Lots of audio in jacks
-- supports full surround sound system but.....
-- no preout for subwoofer
-- coaxial / optical input/outputs as well as the screw terminals and banana clips
-- I believe it has Dolby and DTS and whatever
-- The only bad thing is there's some deal with the volume where the right speaker will cut in and out when turning the volume knob at low volumes. I usually just fiddle with it for 2-3 seconds until it works, but it might only be a few bucks to fix. Or it might be good as trash. Not sure.
-- It does work perfect otherwise
-- I'd like atleast a couple of bucks for this, paid $80 for it.
-- Available in a week or two when I get my Sony receiver in the mail

I'm at work all day so I can't get pictures of the garbage stuff. But I will have pictures of the Phillips receiver within a few days. No receipts for obvious reasons.