PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: Motorola C332

girlRACER
03-03-2003, 12:26 AM
I'm selling my Motorola C332. It is a Rogers locked GSM phone. It is 3 months old but I have only used it for 3 weeks. I am selling it because I bought this phone for temporary use while my V70 was getting fixed. It is in mint condition. Rogers currently sells this phone as a Ready4U plan for $130.

Selling Price: $60

Polyphonic ring tones
5 hours talk time/ 4 days standby time
Animated menus/Wallpaper/Screensavers
White backlit
Comes w/box and charger

http://www.psylence.com/jdho/C332.JPG

Hakkola
03-03-2003, 12:33 AM
Didn't you get a new shell for it or something? My gf wants a new one for hers and you too have the same phone right, do you remember? I don't.

Integra Type R
03-03-2003, 12:37 AM
Can this phone be hooked to a plan through Rogers??

HK2NR
03-03-2003, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Integra Type R
Can this phone be hooked to a plan through Rogers??

i believe you can

Integra Type R
03-03-2003, 12:58 AM
ok, I am interested, I guess if you can Totally find out if it can be used that would be AWSOME!!! Oh and a GSM phone is the one with the little chip in the back that you replace with the one I have and has my number in it??

HK2NR
03-03-2003, 01:02 AM
ok, I am interested, I guess if you can Totally find out if it can be used that would be AWSOME!!! Oh and a GSM phone is the one with the little chip in the back that you replace with the one I have and has my number in it??

Yup that's GSM, but if you had a rogers one before then you can swap the chip since hte phone originally was rogers, if you had another chip from lets say fido, you won't be able to unless you hack it hehe

edit: and yeah i'm pretty sure you can use it on a plan. i remembered my friend just swapped the chip onto another phone from rogers and it worked with his existing plan.

Integra Type R
03-03-2003, 01:05 AM
Ok I think it should work, it is a Nokia 3590 and has that little chip in the back of it that I can take out and put in another phone. The chip is behind the battery. But again, if you can find out for if if my 3590 chip will work in the fone you have, that would be great. Thanx

Mike

IT is a rogers phone, so that is ok right??

(very cell phone dumb, just knows how to dial out and send and end)

my-donair-tc
03-03-2003, 01:06 AM
i used to work for rogers so if you need any tips let me know you can get a sim card from customer service for 25 bucks they'll throw that on you re bill

HK2NR
03-03-2003, 01:07 AM
Ok I think it should work, it is a Nokia 3590 and has that little chip in the back of it that I can take out and put in another phone. The chip is behind the battery. But again, if you can find out for if if my 3590 chip will work in the fone you have, that would be great. Thanx

Mike

IT is a rogers phone, so that is ok right??

(very cell phone dumb, just knows how to dial out and send and end)

oh then that's no big deal as long as the current phone of yours is rogers and your plan or whatever is rogers just swap the chip and you're done

Integra Type R
03-03-2003, 01:11 AM
Sweet, so let me look at my finances and see where I am at, if I can do it, consider it sold, but I will let ya know when I can do it.

Thank you all for helping me out!!!

Mike

HK2NR
03-03-2003, 01:14 AM
Sweet, so let me look at my finances and see where I am at, if I can do it, consider it sold, but I will let ya know when I can do it.

Thank you all for helping me out!!!

Mike

no probs.. let one of us know if you got probs man

Integra Type R
03-03-2003, 01:14 AM
Will do, thanx again!!

Mike

my-donair-tc
03-03-2003, 01:19 AM
ok cool if you need anything else regardging rogers let me know anytime i have access anytime during the day

98type_r
03-03-2003, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by najib
i used to work for rogers so if you need any tips let me know you can get a sim card from customer service for 25 bucks they'll throw that on you re bill

did u work in a store? or customer service?

girlRACER
03-03-2003, 03:37 AM
Integra Type R,

That little card you are talking about is known as a SIM card. They are all the same size and will fit into any GSM phone. In Canada, the only service providers who use GSM phones and has the GSM network to support it are Fido and Rogers.

The phone I am selling can only be used on the Rogers Network because the software on the phone is locked to that network. You could use the phone on the Fido network if you could find a company to unlock the software on the phone.

The phone I am selling is a GSM phone and your SIM card will work on it. When you buy the phone it is yours to do with whatever you please. There is no contract so you can basically continue your existing plan on Rogers w/o having to change anything. All you have to do is pop your SIM card into the new phone and you can start using it. You don't need to reactivate anything or cancel any plans or call the company.

I hope this answers your question :)

girlRACER
03-03-2003, 07:18 PM
Woo Hoo!! :clap: SOLD

Integra Type R
03-03-2003, 07:21 PM
you sold it??