PDA

View Full Version : 04 Maxima

95acc
03-03-2003, 01:28 AM
I just got back from the EMDA show in edmonton. Pretty cool, lots of nice cars and a great tuner section downstairs.
Anyway i have had my heart on the new accord v-6 6spd and was going to buy one when they were released later in the spring. I found one at the show and thought damn this car is nice. But then i made my way over to nissan and saw the new Maxima!!
oly crap that is a nice ass car, Then i read the specs 265hp with a 6spd!! shit, hopped inside and it got even better. This car is unreal, it blew me away. Standard HID's 4 heated buckets, (rear bech avail.) all for 35k-45k more bang for the buck over the accord i would say.
I am jumping off the Honda ship, and swimming over to Nissan 'cause this will be my next car.
www.nissandriven.com

KoukiS14
03-03-2003, 01:38 AM
So it looks better in person?....hmmmm.....i guess i'll have to wait and see.

max_boost
03-03-2003, 01:54 AM
Nissan is really on a roll......350z and Murano winning car/truck over the year.....the Maxima is beautiful.....very stunning.....

HK2NR
03-03-2003, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
Nissan is really on a roll......350z and Murano winning car/truck over the year.....the Maxima is beautiful.....very stunning.....

:werd: Nissan is amazing nowadays :thumbsup:

GTS Jeff
03-03-2003, 04:36 AM
i havent seen hte 04 maxima in real life, but the pics online arent encouraging.

either way, it is not really in the same class as the accord, and apparently tq steer in that car is scary. if it is anything like the 02 altima, it will have horrible steering feel too.

Aleks
03-03-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by HK2NR

:werd: Nissan is amazing :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

benyl
03-03-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff

either way, it is not really in the same class as the accord, and apparently tq steer in that car is scary. if it is anything like the 02 altima, it will have horrible steering feel too.

I test drove the Altima SE with a stick. The torque steer is mad! I think that I could get used to it. But when the roads are like they are today, too much HP is not a good thing. My TCS on my accord was going off all the time this morning.

I am getting off the Honda bandwagon too... just not sure what to get. The maxima with the panoramic roof is cool. But I think I want AWD.

Hopefully they have improved the security on the HID lamps... people in the US dun want them as they can be stolen so easily!

b.

http://www.nissan.ca/en/ms/futuremodels04/maxima04/index.html

Stratus_Power
03-03-2003, 10:52 AM
i sat in the 04 maxima! its amazing! i wasnt a big fan of the old one but the new one is definitly a head tuner. the only thing i dont really like is the new sunroof.. its cool but its Realllly small.. kinda of even out of my vision when i was in it.

but another cool car by Nissian is the new Nissan Quest! it looks and feel like a true Japanese car!

i would definitly pick the Maxima over the accord!! its a beauty!
but im absolutely in love w/ the Rx-8

92 Teg-B18A
03-03-2003, 03:54 PM
man the 04 Maxima does look pretty sweet!

2K255HP
03-04-2003, 10:25 AM
Actually HID's haha aren't standard for SE...only standard for the SL version, the 02, 03 have them standard on every model. But its only an option for SE.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=192726

guys may want to check that, its just a projection of projection numbers for the 04.

IMO the 04 Maxima looks a lot like the new Saturn Ion from the side and rear

But i'm looking forward to seeing the 5 speed automagic, the gearing on it is mad

benyl
03-04-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by 2K255HP
Actually HID's haha aren't standard for SE...only standard for the SL version, the 02, 03 have them standard on every model. But its only an option for SE.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=192726

guys may want to check that, its just a projection of projection numbers for the 04.

IMO the 04 Maxima looks a lot like the new Saturn Ion from the side and rear

But i'm looking forward to seeing the 5 speed automagic, the gearing on it is mad

HAHAha, SteVTEC is everywhere! I see him on V6Accord.com, superhonda.com, now he is getting linked to beyond.ca!

Too funny

mischief
03-04-2003, 10:18 PM
i havent seen hte 04 maxima in real life, but the pics online arent encouraging.

The new 04 maxima is rear wheel drive so torque steer should not be an issue.

benyl
03-05-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by mischief

The new 04 maxima is rear wheel drive so torque steer should not be an issue.

The Max has always been FWD... not sure what you are talking about.

GTS Jeff
03-05-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by mischief

The new 04 maxima is rear wheel drive so torque steer should not be an issue. hahahahaha NO. the ss-l platform cant even accomodate rwd!!! what are u on?!

and fyi, no maxima will EVER be rwd buddy. the maxima is a safeway-cruiser, not a high performance canyon carver. they need practicality, not performance. another reason nissan would never put RWD into the maxima is because it DOES have some infinitis to sell!

:banghead: :rolleyes:

Dj_Stylz
03-05-2003, 08:26 AM
they are very nice right now!

ecstasyracer
03-05-2003, 06:12 PM
Is it just me or does the new Maxima look to much like the Atlima? I haven't seen one in person but from the pictures i don't like it at all. The interior however looks awsome, guage cluster is kind of like the Murano.

hjr
03-05-2003, 06:13 PM
hahahahaha NO. the ss-l platform cant even accomodate rwd!!! what are u on?!

and fyi, no maxima will EVER be rwd buddy. the maxima is a safeway-cruiser, not a high performance canyon carver. they need practicality, not performance. another reason nissan would never put RWD into the maxima is because it DOES have some infinitis to sell!

Gooooood Call.

hjr
03-05-2003, 06:17 PM
Also, with power like that, is it even possible to get rid of some of the torque steer? (for clarification, is torque steer is kinda like understeer while accelerating???)

GTS Jeff
03-05-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by hjr
Also, with power like that, is it even possible to get rid of some of the torque steer? (for clarification, is torque steer is kinda like understeer while accelerating???) yea, nissan is just kinda behind on the r&d....look at audis....their fwd models are fine.

and im 2 lazy to expplannin tq sterr right now

three.eighteen.
03-05-2003, 07:31 PM
if nissan had a rwd sedan here, it would probably be called a skyline...

GTS Jeff
03-05-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by ecstasyracer
Is it just me or does the new Maxima look to much like the Atlima? I haven't seen one in person but from the pictures i don't like it at all. The interior however looks awsome, guage cluster is kind of like the Murano. the maxima is based ont he same platform as the altima and it shares many body panels too. same engine and suspension too haha. same car dressed up a bit nicer and with a nicer tranny. i think the maximas have an lsd too?

mischief
03-05-2003, 11:24 PM
hahahahaha NO. the ss-l platform cant even accomodate rwd!!! what are u on?!

Your right, the 2004 Maxima is still a FWD. Its on the Car and Driver website. My bad. I remember hearing somewhere (on autoweek last year) rumors that the '04 Maxima was gonna be RWD.

I think that Nissan does try to market the Maxima as both a high performance family sedan as well as a luxury car, hence the signifcant difference in the SE and SL model.

benyl
03-06-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.
if nissan had a rwd sedan here, it would probably be called a skyline...

The G35 IS the american Skyline which is rwd.

What people dun get is that the GT-R is not the only Skyline. In Japan and Australia there are a whole bunch of cars with the Skyline name. 4-door sedans and even wagons.

2K255HP
03-06-2003, 11:14 AM
HLSD's were on the 6 speed maximas for 02 and 03, I have the new brochure for the 04 maxima, i haven't really looked into it and i'm not sure if they will have a lsd this year

It is possible for the 6 speed
Just to sum up the tranny's avaiable
6 speed on the SE or 5 speed automatic
and for the SL they get the 4 speed auto still rpesent now in the maxima and altima

ACS-e36
03-09-2003, 12:57 AM
i agree nissan is doing a very good job
always something new