PDA

View Full Version : Double Murder/Suicide in the Ghetto..

van
03-03-2003, 09:55 AM
Two dead in double-shooting
By PABLO FERNANDEZ, AND STUART DRYDEN, CALGARY SUN

Two men are dead following a murder-suicide late last night.

Calgary Police answered a 911 call at the 1700 block of 24 St. S.E. alleging shots had been fired at the residence.

Cops surrounded the residence in what became a tense, two-hour standoff.

At about midnight, the police TAC Team unit entered the four-plex and found two dead men in the home.

"It appears to be a murder-suicide -- that's how we're looking at it at this point," said Insp. Luch Berti.

"We're going to wait and let the investigation unfold and see if that is in fact what we have here."

Berti said upon entering the suite, TAC officers found both men had died from what appeared to be gunshot wounds.

"The TAC unit did make an entry and they confirmed the two males in the residence were deceased," said Berti.

Berti could not confirm the type of firearm used.

"But it appears it was from some kind of firearm or gunshot wound."

Police refused to provide descriptions of those involved or disclose the relationship between the two men, although the gunman was believed to be in his 50s.

When police arrived at the scene they found a woman and young children on a patio around the back of the unit screaming for help.

But they disappeared before officers could make contact.

The mother and her children -- aged 12, nine and three -- were reported to be in the home when the shooting occurred.

The four ran from the residence after the shooting and to an adjacent unit in the four-plex.

They stayed in the unit until officers were able to take them around the back of the unit to the alley and to safety.

Occupants from the other units in the building were also taken from the building.

Police questioned the family and residents of the other units in the four-plex.

The police investigation is ongoing.

van
03-03-2003, 09:56 AM
Oh yeah I was there too.. so was SaiBurgerJerBur or however he spells his name.. was just passing by though.. was wondering why there were a million po-po's there..

SaiBurgerJerBer
03-03-2003, 10:01 AM
Gosh darn it, I live in that ghetto area lol
I want to move
maybe applewood???

G
03-03-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by SaiBurgerJerBer
Gosh darn it, I live in that ghetto area lol
I want to move
maybe applewood???

Applewood is so much better. Almost feels like estate living next to the trailer park and Hub Oil.

SaiBurgerJerBer
03-03-2003, 01:11 PM
Yeah, I wonder, are they doing anything with the hub oil? Thats a lot of space that doesn't seem to get used, same goes with the drive in theater

dj_honda
03-04-2003, 12:15 AM
and the dump.......and teh smell of the dump when the summer winds come by.....that part of SE sucks.

Weapon_R
03-04-2003, 12:19 AM
I live in the hood too...

Sad to hear, but it's nothing new.

___2PaC___
03-04-2003, 07:50 AM
True that, nothing new...

Kanok8
03-04-2003, 04:28 PM
....you guys have ghettos up there?
....who'da thunk it?
...it still has to be better than here in Cali...