PDA

View Full Version : 951 vs WRX (closed road of course)

JustinL
03-03-2003, 10:13 AM
Saturday was nice here so I thought it was time to see what the 951 can do on dry (cold) roads. I did a couple fast runs to Nisku and back. It's cool to get going ridiculously fast well before its time to merge with 120kph traffic! In the afternoon, my WRX friend and I went for a rip before the snow started. From a roll on I can drop the WRX pretty quick... from a stop is another story.

The WRX JUMPED 2 carlengths up off the line while I was waiting for the turbo to spool up... Turbo spools up and I got nothin' but wheelspin. Another carlength to the WRX. The shift into second was more of the same, good acceleration, but traction limited. By the end of third gear I had not only realed him in, but put 2 of my own carlengths in front of him. Fun times until I got trapped in 1 cm of snow and had to drive like a granny to get my car back to the parkade.

legendboy
03-03-2003, 10:18 AM
Sounds like you could use an AVC-R ! Something with gear dependant boost control !

rage2
03-03-2003, 10:24 AM
hehe he needs a bigger turbo more than anything. Those K26's are tiny! Took me a few years to figure that out, after swapping out all the boost control crap out of my 951 hehe.

JustinL
03-03-2003, 11:23 AM
Bigger turbo, that's in the future. This summer I think will be the MAP upgrade and like you suggested rage2, a real BOV. That will probably cure the loud "WOOF" from my exhaust between shifts when I'm workin the turbo :D . I expect things to improve when the tires and road are warm.

soloracer
03-08-2003, 03:46 PM
Rage: How did you make out with the wastegate valve seat? Did you manage to find one?

Justin: Nice looking 951. I look forward to seeing it live in person this summer some time.

Vitesse951
03-09-2003, 09:49 PM
Nice kill :thumbsup:

Get a Garrett on that baby and you will really be flying.
Another good investment would be an LSD if you don't already have it, and it sounds like you might not.