PDA

View Full Version : mazda dealer in Calgary

Stratus_Power
03-03-2003, 11:03 AM
which mazda dealer in calgary do you guys think is better?

CRXguy
03-03-2003, 11:22 AM
When I bought the P5 last year, I dealt with Sundridge Mazda. Really nice people, and the salesman that helped us made it really easy for me and my g/f, since it was our first time buying a new car.

szw
03-03-2003, 12:03 PM
is sunridge mazda and sunridge nissan owned by the same people?:\

HRD2PLZ
03-03-2003, 01:35 PM
I've always had good service @ Kramer

cocoabrova
03-03-2003, 03:12 PM
I've bought 2 cars, and my mom bought one, within the last year and a half from Sunridge Mazda, and we've been nothing but pleased with them:thumbsup:Excellent customer service/advisory AND free coffee:clap::clap::rofl:

Stratus_Power
03-03-2003, 03:25 PM
2 for sunridge 1 for Kramer!

mrmattyk
03-03-2003, 03:26 PM
I gotta go with Kramer. When my friend and I went in (we were 17 at the time) they actually answered our questions, and were very helpful despite our age.

Weapon_R
03-03-2003, 03:46 PM
Sunridge Mazda gets a vote for me. Very helpful, very nice ppl even when we didn't buy a car from them :D.

RC-Cola
03-03-2003, 03:55 PM
I'm not a fan of Sunridge. I bought a used '95 626 Cronos from them which they were more than happy to help me out with. After the sale was done I shit for help and or service. Everytime I went in there it cost $300 - $500 for a car that when I bought it was "mechanically perfect". When I bought my 03 Nissan Spec V and was trying to sell my 626 I went back to them to see if they would buy it from me. They offered about 1/3 of what I paid for it less than one year after I bought it. The sales guy actually suggested if I had finnacing in order for my Nissan that I should just leave the 626 at the airport or somewhere and let the bank repo it... :banghead: A bunch of crooks!!!

I however heard good thing about Krammer but I have had no personnal dealings with them.

cocoabrova
03-03-2003, 06:28 PM
RC-Cola: How long ago was this? Before or after the new management?

Stratus_Power
03-03-2003, 07:38 PM
'03 Spec V, cant be too long ago

RGAGT
03-03-2003, 07:45 PM
sunridge Mazda and Sunridge Nissan were owned by the same people till about I think two years ago when they sold sunridge mazda. Sunridge Nissan and Northhill and Kramer Mazda are all owned by the same people they also own a toyota Dealership in edmonton

method
03-03-2003, 08:27 PM
got my p5 from north hill... nice people, but they're still a car dealership.

importadrenelin
03-03-2003, 08:48 PM
Kramer is nice, good people. I was treated very respectfully for 17 and wanting to purchase a 95 Mazda RX-7 they had for sale at the time.
I had to flash come cash to get a test drive but it was alright, I bought a RX-7 two weeks later in a private sale because it was a better deal then the one they were selling.

red RX-7
03-03-2003, 09:06 PM
I like north hill, if your a student they can beat the other mazda dealers student discount prices when you buy parts. It was good service even though I'm young. There kind of small though. The people a Kramer Mazda didnt give me the time of day when I went in there, there was a guy at the counter when I walked in and I was standing there for like 5 minutes while he talked to another employee about his car. I had to interupt him and he still said hold up a sec. so I dont like Kramer Mazda.

cocoabrova
03-03-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by RGAGT
sunridge Mazda and Sunridge Nissan were owned by the same people till about I think two years ago when they sold sunridge mazda. Sunridge Nissan and Northhill and Kramer Mazda are all owned by the same people they also own a toyota Dealership in edmonton Yeah, that's why I asked because since the new ownership. I haven't heard anything but good things (plus my personal experiences) about the "new Sunridge Mazda":thumbsup:

RiceCake
03-03-2003, 10:41 PM
I like how Sunridge Mazda doesn't push you to purchase their vehicles, also they don't follow you on the test drives. They hand you over the keys and tell you to take the cars out for a spin. I really like the way they treat customers up there. :thumbsup:

Stratus_Power
03-03-2003, 10:48 PM
sunridge it is then!

Joe Malms
03-03-2003, 11:00 PM
just dont get your car serviced at sunridge.
Those fuckwads took my car for a joy ride.
I dropped it off with a 1/4 tank and reset the trip meter.
They did an allignment.
I came back. No gas and 23km's on it.
I argued and argued with them. The owner called me and said "next time you come in, we'll make it worth your while".
Next time!?!
i just hung up and left it alone.

RiceCake
03-03-2003, 11:35 PM
Hmmm, I know at Toyota when you bring in your car for some service intervals, they are supposed to take your car out for a quick road test. :dunno:

I guess they should have told you if they do take your car out for a quick road test though...

Stratus_Power
03-03-2003, 11:41 PM
23km is not exactly a quick road test

Weapon_R
03-03-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Joe Malms
They did an allignment.
I argued and argued with them. The owner called me and said "next time you come in, we'll make it worth your while".
Next time!?!

Wait a minute....You did an alignment, and expected your car to have no KM's on it? I'd expect ANY mechanic to thoroughly test the vehicle (including a highway drive) to ensure that it drives straight. And besides that, most mechanics DO take the vehicle out for a test drive. 23km may seem a little excessive, but the nearest highway like road is 16th ave (trans Canada) and it doesn't seem too high for a test drive, and the trip there and back.

max_boost
03-04-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

Wait a minute....You did an alignment, and expected your car to have no KM's on it? I'd expect ANY mechanic to thoroughly test the vehicle (including a highway drive) to ensure that it drives straight. And besides that, most mechanics DO take the vehicle out for a test drive. 23km may seem a little excessive, but the nearest highway like road is 16th ave (trans Canada) and it doesn't seem too high for a test drive, and the trip there and back.

And what happens if the mechanic crashes your car? Oh that would be an interesting liability issue....lol

FiveFreshFish
03-04-2003, 12:05 AM
They did an allignment.
Next time!?!

That's like a trip downtown and back from Sundridge. What kinda shit are they pulling?

It should be worth your while every time you bring your car in for service. They should have given you something free, like the alignment or at least a 50% discount on the labour.

Joe Malms
03-04-2003, 02:17 PM
23km is way too long. And even if it was standard, theres no way it should have emptied a 1/4 tank. FYI, my car has a 73L tank. They basically bagged on it judging by the gas consumption.

cocoabrova
03-04-2003, 02:17 PM
I've been getting my regularly scheduled oil changes AT Sunridge Mazda, and I don't even drive a Mazda. I've left my car there some times and I've waited for it while the servicing was done, and never noticed any accumulated mileage. If they're not too busy in the shop after my oil changes, they wash my car. One time I had a nail in my RR tire and they asked me if I wanted it repaired-I said yes, but they didn't charge me for it. I HAVE heard about alot of shady/bad service and experiences while under the previous ownership/management, but like alot of other people in Calgary, I decided to give them a try after the changeover. That is one decision that I haven't regretted ever since. IMO Stratus_Power, the best thing to do is just go down there and form your own opinion:thumbsup:

Joe Malms
03-04-2003, 02:30 PM
How recent was the changeover?
The incident with me occured about 3 years ago.

cocoabrova
03-04-2003, 02:43 PM
How recent was the changeover?
The incident with me occured about 3 years ago. Early or maybe mid-2001

Voodoo Child
03-04-2003, 02:45 PM
I'm going to add my 2 cents of ranting about sunridge.
Coles Notes version:
1) put down deposit for 5th gen lude, did no sign anything.
2) test drove ITR, bought ITR at NW Acura.
3) asked for money back at sunridge...they said NO.
4) Had lawyer (dad) send over "saprano" style letter of "wrongfull misconduct"....they still said NO
5)Sued those god damn idiots.
6)Owner caughed up the cash.
7) Nate went to dealership and asked the owner "did you honestly think I was some 22 year old idiot who didn't have the resources to get my money back?"
8)Owner dumbfounded said nothing.
9)"I say good day to you sir"
Those guys can sit on a stick and rotate in my opinion.

Stratus_Power
03-04-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Voodoo Child
I'm going to add my 2 cents of ranting about sunridge.
Coles Notes version:
1) put down deposit for 5th gen lude, did no sign anything.
2) test drove ITR, bought ITR at NW Acura.
3) asked for money back at sunridge...they said NO.
4) Had lawyer (dad) send over "saprano" style letter of "wrongfull misconduct"....they still said NO
5)Sued those god damn idiots.
6)Owner caughed up the cash.
7) Nate went to dealership and asked the owner "did you honestly think I was some 22 year old idiot who didn't have the resources to get my money back?"
8)Owner dumbfounded said nothing.
9)"I say good day to you sir"
Those guys can sit on stick and rotate in my opinion.

are you serious about the deposit???
im thinking of putting a deposit down for the RX-8 there this weekend but im still 50% certain that im getting it. just want to make sure my option is open..

Voodoo Child
03-04-2003, 05:00 PM
Yup, 100% truth.

If you are going to put a deposit down, put something in writting about "deposit made conditional that Sunridge allow for a test drive of the said vehicle and that upon my decision to go ahead and purchase the vehicle, the deposit of x$ will be refunded at my request"...something along those lines.

VC

Stratus_Power
03-04-2003, 05:18 PM
thanx for the heads up

P. Daddy Pedro
03-04-2003, 09:09 PM
KRAMER MAZDA SUCKS! KRAMER Mazda are crooks! Here's why:
I took my car in because it was leaking oil, but just to be safe i had a diagnostic done so they could tell me where the oil leak was coming from= $58.00. Then they quoted me how much it would be to repair, they quoted me $980.00 plus tax. So i saved up the money to pay them and i got the job done. To my surprise the car leaked EVEN WORSE when i got it out of the shop. They told me to wait a while to see if it goes away, wall a week later after my street looked like black leather. They finnalyy decided to take it back to their shop and look at it again. This time they charged me an additional $400.00. I WAS FURIOUS. But also desperate so I paid up. after 3 days the job was done, and my car was STILL leaking oil, I took it back 7 MORE TIMES, and to this day my car is still leaking. They refused to provide me with a rental vehicle, and refund my money. KRAMER MAZDA are the true criminals and even though I live in the south i still drive all the way to the NE to get quality service from Sunridge. I recommend to everyone to AVOID Kramer Mazda at all costs unless you're in the mood to get ripped off. :( :( :(

mischief
03-04-2003, 10:03 PM
Just like BMW all of the Mazda dealerships int town are owned by the same owner. They are owned by the Ruperall family. They also own Sun Toyota in Edmonton and Sunridge Nissan.

RC-Cola
03-05-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by cocoabrova
RC-Cola: How long ago was this? Before or after the new management?

Sorry about the long response time. I bought my Spec V on December 9th, 02, so I would have been at Sunridge at the end on November last year. So definately after the new management were there.

legendboy
03-05-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by RC-Cola
I'm not a fan of Sunridge. I bought a used '95 626 Cronos from them which they were more than happy to help me out with. After the sale was done I shit for help and or service. Everytime I went in there it cost $300 - $500 for a car that when I bought it was "mechanically perfect". When I bought my 03 Nissan Spec V and was trying to sell my 626 I went back to them to see if they would buy it from me. They offered about 1/3 of what I paid for it less than one year after I bought it. The sales guy actually suggested if I had finnacing in order for my Nissan that I should just leave the 626 at the airport or somewhere and let the bank repo it... :banghead: A bunch of crooks!!!

I however heard good thing about Krammer but I have had no personnal dealings with them.

Thats not therer fault, its yours for buying a 96 626 :rofl:

RC-Cola
03-05-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by legendboy

Thats not therer fault, its yours for buying a 96 626 :rofl:

Fine, bad choice in car, however I needed one asap and that's all the could afford at that time. However, they still should not have told me to leave my car to be repo'd...

legendboy
03-05-2003, 04:52 PM
I know everybody (management) at that dealership and none of them would have said that. Its not the dealership that told you that. Its not the general manager, sales manager, business manager, used car manager. No offence but I don't see a sales man saying that, and not meaning it as a joke. And if he really did say that and meant it I would have talked to the new/used car manager about it.

Maxt
03-05-2003, 08:45 PM
I am probably gonna get flamed for this statement, but here is my thoughts on this..
Anyone who takes there care to a dealership or anywhere else besides their own garage at home, should not be called, nor consider themselves an automobile enthusiast, and has no business on this forum..
If you are an enthusiast, fix it yourself or at least try to fix it yourself....

As for the sales departments, well, thats another matter, you really have to watch the fine print, and the numbers on the table, there is alot of slight of hand stuff in the car game..

rx7_turbo2
03-06-2003, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Maxt
I am probably gonna get flamed for this statement, but here is my thoughts on this..
Anyone who takes there care to a dealership or anywhere else besides their own garage at home, should not be called, nor consider themselves an automobile enthusiast, and has no business on this forum..
If you are an enthusiast, fix it yourself or at least try to fix it yourself....

As for the sales departments, well, thats another matter, you really have to watch the fine print, and the numbers on the table, there is alot of slight of hand stuff in the car game..

Wow big words from the guy with every tool known to man, and some most men have never seen.;)

No I'm kidding, I think Max is right. I wont go as far as to say they don't belong on this forum but I will say that if you take your vehicle to the dealer you're asking for trouble. I have gone to Sunridge to pick up my car and had some mechanics fly by me in my car while I was driving in another vehicle. I finally looked at the situation and thought that for the money they charge I'm better off buying some books and some tools and getting my hands dirty. Now I know newer cars have alot more electronic
do-dads and that's one of the reasons I'm not into most newer cars but the basics are still the same, ie)oil leaks.

RC-Cola
03-06-2003, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Maxt

The only reason I took my car to the dealership to get it fixed is because it was under "warranty". Which in the end basically meant nothing. The original question was what we thought of Sunridge Mazada. I shared the experience that I had with the dealership. It was not good, other I sure have had good experiences there, however I have not. I have no reason to lie about my experience there and I have nothing to profit from lying about it. I'm not here to flame one dealership over another, I'm not some young kid that is getting screwed by every dealership I go to. In fact I bought my new car from Brasso Nissan and they have been nothing less than fantastic. The buying process was wicked, they didn't pressure me, I got the deal that I needed it to be to make it work for me. Their after sales service has been fantastic so far (I took my car in for a free oil change).

cocoabrova
03-06-2003, 02:27 PM
I've been taking my car for oil changes there since I bought it because the owner gave me 2yr.s of free oil changes:thumbsup:Obviously after I use them up I'll be doing them at home;)

Maxt
03-06-2003, 07:30 PM
I just makes me puke when I get people telling me they built their own car, and then you find out, no they didn't build it, their wallet built it at Investment vehicle restorations, or at davenports, thats not building a car, thats just taking credit for someone elses skills, patience, and ability, I don't know why, but it bugs the fuck out of me.. Or people at at tuner shops getting a set of seats and a wing mounted, on their tuner hot rod, I mean yeah I know the shops make money off people like that, but what the fuck, buy a drill and do it..
I can understand the warranty stuff and shit like that, and Sunridge Mazda, well, I will tell you this, a mechanic there, overheard me talking to the parts guy about rx-7 parts, so he comes up to me and starts asking me questions about fc3s n/a efi systems, and then asks for my phone number in case he gets another rx-7 in that they have trouble fixing with, and yes he called..
Maybe I just long for the good ole days, when cletus and kooter would dump a 340 in a plymouth arrow by themselves in grandmas backyard, and backhalf it with mini tubs with nothing more than a cutting torch and pair of tinsnips..In this time of instant gratification, I find people are not developing their own skills anymore, they are quite willing just to pay someone else to do it, to me though that removes the pride, educational value, and initiative from the project... OK I am done ranting now..Maxt

max_boost
03-06-2003, 07:47 PM
Dude....most of us don't have the time or skills to do things on our own....and that we rather let someone else who can do the job, perform the task....

What is so difficult to understand? lol

ecstasyracer
03-06-2003, 07:53 PM
You should atleast try to fix stuff or do the work on your car. I do everything that I can and have the tools for. Thats part of being a car enthusiast, theres more to it than just driving the thing.

rx7_turbo2
03-06-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Dude....most of us don't have the time or skills to do things on our own....and that we rather let someone else who can do the job, perform the task....

What is so difficult to understand? lol

It's people wanting to be part of the lifestyle but only as long as their wallets can afford it. I'm new to the scene as well, and don't have the skills or tools (yet) to do everything that might come up in my projects, but I will try as much as I can. I agree with Max it's the people that buy a gay wing and racing seats, 30lbs of plastic graphics, get some shop to install it all, then call themselves tuners or enthusiasts, your not an enthusiast you just want people to think you are.

ExitSpeed
03-07-2003, 12:27 AM