PDA

View Full Version : FS/WTT: HOT! 340HP '95 2dr Honda Accord (H22A Turbo)

mslbebiz
01-03-2006, 04:15 PM
After driving this car, all you're going to be able to say is...

HOLY CRAP!

No joke. If you are looking for a ridiculously fast, near mint car with "all the right stuff" then this Accord is something you need to consider- and consider fast... as I expect it to sell quick.

I'm confident you won't find a better vehicle for the money anywhere... this car literally defines "bang for the buck".

Here's all the details:

The car is a 1995 2dr Honda Accord LX coupe with electric green exterior and grey interior. She's a very clean, attractive car that turns heads everywhere it goes. The paint is roughly 2 years old, and I get lots of compliments on the unique color.

Recently appraised at $32,227.85, this car has been done RIGHT from top to bottom, and very well maintained.

Dyno'd at 300HP to the wheels... probably 340-350'ish at the flywheel. I haven't taken it to the track (this car is NOT raced), but the math suggests a 0-60 time of roughly 4.3 seconds. All I know is that with a power to weight ratio of roughly 9.7lb per WHP, it's damn fast!

(I've driven/owned many other cars from modified 5.0L Mustangs, Corvettes, Z's and Porche's, and this car is the fastest I've driven yet.)

188,xxx kms, and less than half that on the JDM closed-deck and turbo'ed H22A engine and 5 speed tranny (80,000 kms or so on the engine/tranny to be more precise).

Extensive mods/improvements include:

Exterior:
- Beautiful electric green paint (2001 Mustang color)
- Upgraded head and tail lights
- Rear windows tinted

Interior:
- Red Rocket racing seats
- Short shifter
- Sony Explode CD/speakers
- Alarm
- Trunk mount battery
- 3 guage pod pillar (boost, oil, egt)
- Apex'i turbo timer

Suspension/Wheels:
- Top-of-the-food-chain Tein SS coil over suspension (fully adjustable for street, track or autocross use)
- Brembo slotted brake rotors (not yet installed)
- Ceramic pads
- Rear disc brake swap
- Proportioning valve
- 16" wheels w/ winter tires currently on car
- 205/45/16 ZR summer tires (not installed)
- Front and rear strut tower bars

Engine:
- '95 JDM closed-deck H22A engine and matching 5 speed Prelude tranny (closed deck engine is better for turbo-charging)
- Custom T3/T4E turbo kit
- AEM cam gear
- RC 550 injectors
- Spark plug PFR7G-11
- 8.5 mm spark plug wire
- Crane cam coil lx 91
- H22 manifold
- Westgate mark II (spring 7 psi)
- Braided steel oil line
- Oil cooler
- Apex'i blow off valve
- 3" downpipe
- 3" exhaust
- Magnaflow 3 chamber muffler
- Sparco intercooler
- 2.5" intercooler piping
- p72 ECU
- Hondata stage 4b
- Hondata pocket programmer
- Pentium 1 laptop
- Stage 2 clutchmaster clutch
- Wide band plx m-300

The timing belt and water pump were done about 20,000km ago. Head gasket and spark plug seals about 3,000 ago, and the clutch roughly 6,000 kms ago.

I have a thick file of modification and maintenance receipts for this car, plus the appraisal for $32,000+. I also have a screenshot of the dyno (the previous owner wanted to keep the original dyno papers for their sentimental value).

Obviously, a small fortune has been spent on this car to make it one helluva solid, fast and reliable car. And while it is in very good condition, it's not completely perfect...

- It could use new rotors (which come with the car- new Brembo slotted rotors, just need installing)

- Has a tiny bit of surface rust on top of rear wheelwells, but it's barely noticeable. In fact, most people don't notice until I point it out.

- This car is a beast, and definitely requires more driving effort than your average grocery getter, so beware... this thing is not for the faint of heart.

- Although this car wears winter tires right now, I haven't driven it this winter and it was barely driven by the previous owner last winter. If you wanted to drive it during the winter, you'd just need to raise the car's ride height some so the downpipe doesn't bottom out in the snow (easily done with the Tein SS coil overs).

Naturally, this car runs and drives great, burns ZERO oil and the turbo spools perfectly. Oh, and the CARFAX on this car is clean.

As for the price, I suggest you first look around at comparables in the AutoTrader where you'll find other Accords in this condition and age with NO mods selling every day for $6-$9k+.

What I'm asking seems like a pittance in comparison, as I'm willing to let it go for just $12,997 OBO.

In retrospect, that's nearly what it would cost to buy this engine and tranny alone. You won't find a better "bang for your buck" anywhere.

NOTE: I'm also willing to trade for something of equal value OR cash + your trade. Let me know what you've got.

If you're interested in making a deal, either PM me on here, email me at michael[REMOVE-SPAM]@daytradetycoon.com or call me at 780-454-2274. Ask for Michael, and please leave a message if I don't answer and I'll call you back.

Michael (in Edmonton)

PS: For now I've included screenshots of both the dyno and appraisal... more pics coming soon!

PPS: Tell your friends! :D

http://www.daytradetycoon.com/accord/accord-dyno.JPG

http://www.daytradetycoon.com/accord/accord-appraisal.JPG

Grip172
01-03-2006, 06:18 PM
might help to post pics of the actual car!!

evo916
01-03-2006, 09:27 PM
this car sounds familier i belive it was the accord i was gonna buy in the summer

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83380&highlight=accord

is this the same car

Das_Amaretto
01-03-2006, 09:28 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I doubt that I am.

Pics can be found here:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83380&highlight=accord+turbo

have you bagged on it hard in the short time you've owned it?

I offer $9200

mslbebiz
01-03-2006, 09:48 PM
As I mentioned in my original post, pics are coming soon... got some tonight, just need to post them up.

As for the question about bagging my car, I'm not gonna lie and say that I haven't "driven" the car (that's what it's for), but I do NOT bag my vehicles---the buyer of my old Supra can attest to that.

You'll also be able to tell when viewing this vehicle that it definitely hasn't been mistreated.

And sorry Das_Amaretto, but there's no way I'm gonna drop the price of this thing by 30%. Make me a more reasonable offer and she's yours.

Michael

PS: My reason for selling came up on another forum, so here's my multi-part answer:

- Need to get the girlfriend a newer car or fix hers up (Accord is too much for her to drive, or I'd just let her drive it)

- I run my own business from home and RARELY drive the car as I don't commute back and forth to work like most people. Plus, I haven't driven the car at all this winter so it's just been sitting and costing me insurance payments.

- Wouldn't mind investing some of the money into my business.

Hope that helps!

James
01-04-2006, 01:47 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

mslbebiz
01-04-2006, 02:16 AM
Obviously, the place that appraised this car, Sunburn Auto Appraisals, does it this way. This car is even insured for it's full appraised value.

Anyhow, pictures are here!

Lots of pictures at the link below:

http://www.daytradetycoon.com/accord/

Enjoy.

Michael

xtreme prelude
01-04-2006, 01:59 PM
is there more room in the back seat than a 96 prelude sr?

mslbebiz
01-04-2006, 02:22 PM
is there more room in the back seat than a 96 prelude sr?

Definitely. The back seat isn't small.

Michael

grrouch
01-04-2006, 08:21 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

kerry
01-04-2006, 09:12 PM

Team Emperor
01-04-2006, 09:21 PM

anyone
01-04-2006, 09:26 PM

mslbebiz
01-04-2006, 11:12 PM
Wow, very productive bunch of BS added to my for sale post, thanks everyone for your 2 cents.

To set the record straight, I haven't personally raced this car (not everyone bags their vehicles- I'm not 16 anymore) and it IS the quickest of the cars I've listed and driven (at least "seat of the pants" feel). In fact I've only been able to drive the car about 2,000 kms since I've owned it.

As far as fixing my girlfriend's car, what's the big deal?

Anyhow, can we please stop with the unsubstantiated comments and get back to finding a new owner for this car.

Thanks,
Michael

Terence
01-05-2006, 01:37 AM

mslbebiz
01-05-2006, 02:02 AM
i thought i saw this ad a yr ago saying it was sold for 7g's

The previous owner did advertise the car on here, so you may recognize it. But it sold to me for A LOT more than $7k.

Michael

HTN SWCHS
01-05-2006, 03:16 AM

big mooe
01-05-2006, 04:33 PM

kerry
01-05-2006, 09:16 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

You post on a public forum, expecting not to get "unsubstantiated", or in other words, sarcastic remarks.

good luck.

Also, my friend called you, you told him you never
floored the car in first or second gear. Hmmmmm.
Never eh?

Either way it is a really freakin nice car, especially
the look. And if this car is in as good of shape as you
make it out to be, then this is a bargain.

Someone will pick up this car soon.

Bump for a cool car.

mslbebiz
01-05-2006, 11:19 PM
Also, my friend called you, you told him you never
floored the car in first or second gear. Hmmmmm.
Never eh?

Sorry, I guess I didn't make that clear on the phone...

He asked me if the car just spins it's tires through 1st/2nd, and I answered it the best I could... I don't think I ever said it has never been floored. I've just never revved the crap out of it, dropped the clutch and floored it all out, so I couldn't give him a solid answer.

Anyhow, thanks for the comments on the car... it is in really good condition. Gonna make someone a very happy new owner.

Already had a few offers, but waiting for the right one. Let's keep 'em coming!

Michael

skylinee
01-06-2006, 01:09 AM
You probably wouldnt trade my talon would you? I dunno, worth a shot.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/ajjuve/IM000077.jpg

mslbebiz
01-06-2006, 07:25 PM
Sorry, you're the second person to offer a trade on a Talon, and while I think they're cool cars I have to pass... heard of too many problems with 'em and I'm not much of a mechanic.

Nice lookin car though.

Michael

mslbebiz
01-08-2006, 02:09 PM
TTT

toocrude_mr2
01-08-2006, 03:33 PM
not to be a critic but if it is public knowledge that this car sold for anywhere between 7-11 G's last year and then with u driving it for a year (baggin it or not) then u are going to have to xpect a little bit of a loss on the car considering u did drive it/owned it for a year and did not invest any money into it...

just a little note.

it sounds like Das_Amaretto's offer is more than reasonable...

mslbebiz
01-08-2006, 04:25 PM
not to be a critic but if it is public knowledge that this car sold for anywhere between 7-11 G's last year and then with u driving it for a year (baggin it or not) then u are going to have to xpect a little bit of a loss on the car considering u did drive it/owned it for a year and did not invest any money into it...

Why does everyone pretend to know so much about this car, and how much they "think" I paid for it?

I've had the car for about 6 months, and I traded a nicely modded MKIII Supra plus a large amount of money. I definitely did not pay less than $11k for the car, and I've only driven it 2,000 kms since owned.

There is no reason to think I should expect a loss on a car that's easily worth what I'm asking, and has barely been driven in the 6 months I've owned it.

Michael

zain123
01-08-2006, 04:34 PM
let the owner ask however much he wants to ask
its HIS car .. n he can ask 20g's if he wanted to
doesnt mean its guna sell for that much
bump for a beast :nut:

rc2002
01-08-2006, 04:42 PM
Parting out at all?

mslbebiz
01-12-2006, 11:59 AM
Sorry, not parting out... too much hassle.

TTT.

mslbebiz
01-15-2006, 01:11 PM
Taking offers/trades welcome. TTT.

iceburns288
01-15-2006, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by toocrude_mr2

Damn man, since when is it your business how much he wants for his car? You don't wanna pay 13k for it, fine. Someone else might. Just stay out of his thread and mind your own business.:rolleyes:

mslbebiz
01-15-2006, 01:51 PM
Thanks iceburns288 :)

I'm not sure how they imagined those numbers anyhow...$7k, lol.

Besides, the car is $12,997 OR BEST OFFER.

handsomebassman, I think it makes a difference when the car puts down 300 HP *at the wheels* and weighs less than 3,000 lbs... it's all about power to weight. Compare this car's power to weight of roughly 9.7lb per WHP to other performance cars and you'll see what I mean.

Plus, being a "beast" is all relative.

Michael

handsomebassman
01-15-2006, 02:02 PM
Post removed by USER

mslbebiz
01-21-2006, 06:08 PM
Working on a couple more potential deals right now, but still nothing rock solid.

Send me your offers/trades. Let's talk.

Michael

GwaiLo
01-27-2006, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by mslbebiz

Why does everyone pretend to know so much about this car, and how much they "think" I paid for it?

Because its not hard to read the original owners thread and see the final asking price on his car was $11 000... so we kno you didn't pay more then that

talonted
03-01-2006, 07:10 PM
Do you have any pics of the engine bay and such?

mslbebiz
03-02-2006, 12:25 AM
No engine pics right now, sorry... I forgot to take them when I took the rest.

But if you're seriously interested, I can get some.

Just let me know.

Michael

renegade54
03-03-2006, 06:10 AM
1990 Oldsmobile delta 88 in wicked shape top notch boat + 10k

2ndgenlude
03-03-2006, 04:29 PM
im kinda interested in this haha, trade for 1995 prelude SRV with 120xxxkm's