PDA

View Full Version : svt lightning vs carrera gt

waveventureboy
01-04-2006, 12:01 PM
http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=D1E5C25E-A053-44C1-8C73-E05FDAAD7AE3&p=0

treg50
01-04-2006, 12:12 PM
That wasn't really a "VS" video, more like "guy in Lightning Spots Carerra GT". It would be an interesting matchup to see for real though (both guys ready to race and with an equal start), but I don't think the Lightning would keep up so well.

waveventureboy
01-04-2006, 12:36 PM
true

C4S
01-04-2006, 12:39 PM
If a guy drives a $600G super sports car ......

do you think he will race with a ford truck? :rofl:

he wont' even look at it! :rofl:

tapout
01-04-2006, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by C4S

he wont' even look at it! :rofl: :werd:

Kirbs17
01-04-2006, 12:44 PM
:werd: x 10... lol that lightning did sound mighty beefy

l8braker
01-04-2006, 12:52 PM
Go pickup truck :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

atomic
01-04-2006, 01:51 PM
did any of you even watch the video? :confused: they raced and given the 380hp/450torque lightning can easy become a 450 wheel hp monster overnight for cheap; it looked to be a good race .

that lightning definetly gave the carrera a good run for his money .

exact words from the carrera owner were "good thing i know what's in that (lightning) or i'd take this thing(carrera) to the shop and have them look at it"

i think you are confusing the lightning with deisel alberta limo's ..

info on a stock svt lightning (http://www.svt.ford.com/svtArchiveCompareLightning.asp?vehicle_one=lightning04&vehicle_two=nothing&vehicle_three=nothing)

there are plenty of 400+ rearwheel hp lightnings belonging to the www.svtoa.ca in alberta . and plenty of 600+ on the svtoa international . in the world of high performance SVT Vehicles, the lightning is the largest tuning platform because it's cheaper then the cobra .

streetarab
01-04-2006, 02:08 PM
^^yea but, uhhhhh, i dont think the guy in the cgt was trying....

NickGT
01-04-2006, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by C4S

he wont' even look at it! :rofl:

Guy in 600G Super sports car did race and respected guy in Ford truck. Thats what being an enthusiast is all about.

People who think because they spent more $$$ they are somehow better people because of it are pathetic. Good people respect one another's taste. Otherwise you're just another self-righteous prick on the road and that's just sad.

A blind man could pick out an svt lightning from everyday pickups and that lightning hauled ass.

The CGT sure is a gorgeous car.

FatboyTheHungry
01-04-2006, 03:23 PM
Damn fine CGT... :drool:

BerserkerCatSplat
01-04-2006, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by NickGT

Guy in 600G Super sports car did race and respected guy in Ford truck. Thats what being an enthusiast is all about.

People who think because they spent more $$$ they are somehow better people because of it are pathetic. Good people respect one another's taste. Otherwise you're just another self-righteous prick on the road and that's just sad.

A blind man could pick out an svt lightning from everyday pickups and that lightning hauled ass.

The CGT sure is a gorgeous car.

:werd: to all of that.

True enthusiasts may not like what the other guy is driving, but they'll respect it. People who spend tons of cash on something just so they can look better than other people are called posers. The guy in the CGT obviously wasn't a poser. Neither was the guy in the Lightning.

Lightnings are fast trucks.

CGT's are fucking hot.

ItalianKilla
01-04-2006, 06:58 PM
well....... if ya did ur research the Lightning runs 10's!

DJ Lazy
01-04-2006, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

People who spend tons of cash on something just so they can look better than other people are called posers.

Watch what you say ;)... Cuz I bet that 99% of the members on beyond.. If given (or had) the money to purchase a $600K+ car.. They would.. Including yourself with regards to any of the cars in your sigs...

Does that make all of us, and yourself a poser?? ;)

Money can do alot... Some of those who have it, respect it and other, and some don't... You can't bunch everyone spending large sums of money into the "poser" category. :)

tsi_neal
01-04-2006, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy

Watch what you say ;)... Cuz I bet that 99% of the members on beyond.. If given (or had) the money to purchase a $600K+ car.. They would.. Including yourself with regards to any of the cars in your sigs...

Money can do alot... Some of those who have it, respect it and other, and some don't... You can't bunch everyone spending large sums of money into the "poser" category. :)

:werd: White trash with money is still white trash...

BerserkerCatSplat
01-04-2006, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy

You completely misinterpreted my post....

People who spend tons of cash on something just so they can look better than other people are called posers.

Buying something expensive becuase you want it and want to enjoy it for what it is, that's not being a poser. Buying something like a CGT and using it for nothing but making an entrance at parties and flaunting your money,like many celebrities do, that's posing. People like that don't know how to drive a supercar, they just pretend they can so they'll impress people. That annoys the hell out of me. If I buy something, it's because I want to enjoy it, not becuase I want people to think I'm rich or cool. (I'm neither, really.)

iceburns288
01-04-2006, 07:57 PM
Man, you're an engineer (well, at least act like one ;)). You'd pay 400k for a CGT, then just take it apart the first day to spend the rest of the time you owned the car just looking at the carbon clutch:rofl:

403Gemini
01-04-2006, 08:14 PM

:werd: to all of that.

True enthusiasts may not like what the other guy is driving, but they'll respect it. People who spend tons of cash on something just so they can look better than other people are called posers. The guy in the CGT obviously wasn't a poser. Neither was the guy in the Lightning.

Lightnings are fast trucks.

CGT's are fucking hot.

do you respect what i drive? :rofl: ;)

BerserkerCatSplat
01-04-2006, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by iceburns288
Man, you're an engineer (well, at least act like one ;)). You'd pay 400k for a CGT, then just take it apart the first day to spend the rest of the time you owned the car just looking at the carbon clutch:rofl:

The clutch is made of Silicon Carb...Silicon Carbi... ooh....oohh... I have to go use the washroom...

(little bit of Top Gear humor there :D )

Originally posted by 403Gemini

do you respect what i drive? :rofl: ;)

But of course! Come on, dent-resistent paneling! Also, Saturn is the only non-unionized North American carmaker - which is another point in its favour. :D

DJ Lazy
01-04-2006, 10:19 PM

You completely misinterpreted my post....

No.. I didn't...

Not everyone feels the need to take there supercar to the track every weekend to enjoy it... People can enjoy what they buy (at whatever price tag) however they see fit... People with money generally flaunt their wealth whether it makes them look like a poser or not.. It's part of being rich.. :rofl:

962 kid
01-04-2006, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by streetarab
^^yea but, uhhhhh, i dont think the guy in the cgt was trying....

that lightning is apparently a 10 second truck, in which case I give props to the CGT :thumbsup:

Celica TVS3
01-04-2006, 11:33 PM

The clutch is made of Silicon Carb...Silicon Carbi... ooh....oohh... I have to go use the washroom...

(little bit of Top Gear humor there :D )

Haha - I was thinking the same thing.

atomic
01-05-2006, 12:32 AM
a huge percentage of you can name every honda motor/part/model/version and combination possible to do some impressive stuff . you should understand that others share simular passions with other manufacturers... that being said: if you had more knowledge of the SVT Lightning or SVT vehicles then there would be less manufacturer bashing .

a real enthusiasts is passionate and impressed about the hobby/sport as a whole. not a specific manufacturer. this is a methology i also relate to organized sports.

arian_ma
01-07-2006, 01:34 AM
If that guy in the CGT was trying, you'd hear the beautiful squeel of that sexy engine. My god that engine has the nicest tone ever in a street car.