PDA

View Full Version : ugh, 2 months to get a new part?

likwid
01-04-2006, 10:01 PM
Just thought I would vent for a bit. Back in the first week of december, my car slid on ice and my rear wheel slammed into a curb. That day I got my car towed to the dealership where I purchased the car earlier this year. They asses the damage and tell me the rim is bent, hub is broken, needs new control arms, etc.. They order the parts that day, and tell me it will take a couple days to arrive. They call me a week later and tell me the parts came, except for the lower control arm, which is on back order. It is now over a month since the order was placed, and the part is still on back order! I find it ridiculous that they cant get this part for a brand new car that is fairly common. I call and vent today, and they told me they have contacted the company headquarters and placed the part on "emergency order". They said if they cant get the emergency part, it will be until at least february before I get the part. I am really pissed off about this and was wondering if anyone else out there has had a problem similar to this with new parts?

Weapon_R
01-04-2006, 10:18 PM
Can't you buy the control arm from a place other than the dealership?

likwid
01-04-2006, 10:40 PM
Well i need to get one brand new, and unfortunately that is the only place I can get one.

three33
01-04-2006, 11:53 PM
what kind of car do you drive?

Weapon_R
01-04-2006, 11:56 PM
Why would you need a brand new control arm?

FiveFreshFish
01-04-2006, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by three33
what kind of car do you drive?

:werd: No comprende 4G69.

theken
01-04-2006, 11:58 PM
im guessing he drives a lancer based on his avatar, and finding used parts or parts from like canadian tire are probably not easy

Sharpie
01-05-2006, 12:01 AM
go to other dealers to see what they have to say...

grocko
01-05-2006, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Sharpie

:werd:

That's why I had to do for my parents car.....exact same part actually, but for a Ford......call around the city and i'm sure you'll get an answer that you want, I did :thumbsup:

likwid
01-05-2006, 10:13 AM

Ya, no luck with that. My dealership even called around others in both Canada and the US trying to locate this part... They found one in the states, but it was reserved for another customer. :banghead:

The car is a Lancer Ralliart, and places like Canadian Tire do not carry much, if anything at all, for Mitsubishi cars.

three33
01-05-2006, 11:40 AM
try other aftermarket places like auto value or parts sorce or even napa....

likwid
01-06-2006, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by three33
try other aftermarket places like auto value or parts sorce or even napa....

Those stores dont even have listings for this car. It would be a lot easier if we could take a control arm from a normal lancer, but the Ralliart has a completely different suspension system.

Sharpie
01-06-2006, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by likwid

Ya, no luck with that. My dealership even called around others in both Canada and the US trying to locate this part... They found one in the states, but it was reserved for another customer. :banghead:

Well that is wierd because when we have to order stuff from the states it takes a week or 2 tops. The only things that take a while are engines/transmissions...
Also is this under warranty?

likwid
01-06-2006, 11:15 PM

Well that is wierd because when we have to order stuff from the states it takes a week or 2 tops. The only things that take a while are engines/transmissions...
Also is this under warranty?

This is not under warranty since it was my fault. They have tried dealerships in the states and found the part in Illinois, but it was reserved for someone else who did the same thing as me. The worst part about this is they do not offer a courtesy car service, so it has really affected my daily routine in the last month.

PrezeS_PL
01-06-2006, 11:18 PM
front or rear ? left or right ?

It only lists the 2 part numbers Lancer and Lancer Evo, left or right but no option for Ralliart.

Ralliart may have different suspension like different shocks damping setups or spring rates but the control arms should be the same.

likwid
01-07-2006, 12:52 PM
I was told by Mitsubishi that the control arms are different for the Ralliart. It is probably not in your book, since the ralliart is a fairly new model. Part support for mitsubishi in canada is still very limited, since it has only been around a few years up here.

AllGoNoShow
01-07-2006, 01:04 PM
Thats why some people I know would never get a Mitsu. They came to Canada for a couple of years, sold some good stuff, then left, left all the cusomters hanging. Now they are back but who says they won't do the same thing again.

I would like to see how the Ralliart and the normal Lancer have different control arms? I thought the Ralliart was just a slightly upgraded suspension/cosmetic wise but other then that no real difference. When most manufactures upgrade suspension it is lowered with shock/spring/coilover/dampening systems, not chanign out control arms and a-arms. I would question that.

likwid
01-07-2006, 01:11 PM
Well other than the much larger engine, having driven both a regular lancer and a ralliart, i can tell you the suspension is completely different. If you could in fact use a normal lancer's control arm, they would put one in since those cars are fairly common. They aren't that stupid, and would not leave me hanging for months if they could do that.

rith
01-07-2006, 01:24 PM
http://www.car-part.com

your welcome.

likwid
01-07-2006, 02:30 PM
Car-Part.com could not match your request.
You can submit your request to hundreds of recyclers who may still have your part.

AllGoNoShow
01-07-2006, 02:35 PM
Year
Make
Model
Part # (if you have it)

I'll see if I can find it.

likwid
01-07-2006, 02:47 PM
Lancer
Ralliart 2.4L
Honestly, right now I can't remember if it was the rear upper or rear lower control arm... I tried the site for lower and no matches, I tried for upper and it only lists EVO. I know that the dealership has one of the arms, and is trying to get the other.

AllGoNoShow
01-07-2006, 02:48 PM
mm, check and confirm what arm you need or if its both. Don't want to try and find you an upper when you need a lower.

PrezeS_PL
01-08-2006, 06:13 PM
"having driven both a regular lancer and a ralliart, i can tell you the suspension is completely different"

did you notice different design of the suspension by driving the car ?
Man your good :rolleyes:

PrezeS_PL
01-08-2006, 06:27 PM
"I would like to see how the Ralliart and the normal Lancer have different control arms? I thought the Ralliart was just a slightly upgraded suspension/cosmetic wise but other then that no real difference. When most manufactures upgrade suspension it is lowered with shock/spring/coilover/dampening systems, not chanign out control arms and a-arms. I would question that."

Well, Lancer ES has only 4-wheel independent suspension but Ralliart has 4-wheel independent suspension

Ralliart:
sport-tuned suspension with larger front and rear anti-sway bars, a three-point strut-tower brace,
Both cars:
Rear Independent Multi-Link Suspension with Coil Springs and Anti-Sway Bar
but then they list 13 mm bars for both models :rofl: so they :bullshit:

Maybe ES has leafsprings :D

Zero102
01-08-2006, 07:22 PM
Lots of times when a car is factory lowered, or has a different suspension the control arms will be different. That is not such an odd thing.
What is odd is that it takes so long to get the damn part.
Maybe try over in japan?... Maybe a used one will be available over there.

ninspeed
01-08-2006, 07:40 PM
there was an 05 ralliart in one of the kelowna junk yards... dont know what the damage was, but i know the motor was still good, and sold to a shop here in town for a cust who kinda screwed his up.