PDA

View Full Version : Cheap All Inclusive?

cidley69
01-05-2006, 09:18 AM
Where is the best place to find a cheap all inclusive deal?

I would like to go with the gf, and we both have only $1000 each to spend. Is there any all inlcusive week long deals that can be found for $1000/person counting taxes and all the bs charges?

any ideas appreciated!

eljefe
01-05-2006, 09:28 AM
I use www.selloffvacations.com or www.itravel2000.com

HRD2PLZ
01-05-2006, 09:30 AM
If you both are super flexible and can go super last minute you should find some deals.

Lex350
01-05-2006, 10:01 AM
I'm very leery of All inclusive resorts. There is a reason why they are cheap...namely bad food and bad service. Most of the people I know that get sick on holidays is usually from the food at All Inclusive resorts. I would put the trip off a while so you have a bit more money to spend.

Our family travels to Mexico every year and I haven't been sick there once. There is something to be said about investing in a good vacation.

R4Z
01-05-2006, 10:06 AM
A vacation is not an investment. but "all inclusive" is not a good thing usually.

A nice way to blow two grand is to nab a last minute flight to somwhere cool, las vegas, hawaii, big apple, los angeles, san fran - you know, somewhere cool - as long as you don't specifically care where :)

Find a nice cheap hotel when you're there and haggle your way to a good rate, eat nice food, and if you're outta money - greyhound home or get a return ticket when you're nabbing a last minute flight instead of a single :)

- Rasmus

tirebob
01-05-2006, 10:14 AM
I have had nothing but great experiences with all inclusives... Just don't go to a crap one. If you follow the star ratings you can usually do all right.

For a nice cheap holiday, you can make out well with last minute deals, cancellations etc. I ended up in a 4.5 star resort in Cabo for one week for $600.00! It sold normally for $1700.00. The food was awesome, all booze was included (they even delivered pitchers of beer to the room at 2:00 in the morning!) and the rooms were very nice...

vincent-h
01-05-2006, 02:43 PM
As a Travel agent/Consultant if I could I'd sell nothing but all inclusive. And the way it goes it you get what u pay for.

If you cheap out at some crappy all inclusive to save a few bucks here and there the its gonna reflect heavily on your vacation. Its a vacation splurge urself invest in at LEAST a 4 star depending on ur picky ness. For first timers I almost always recommend you try to upgrade to a 4 star or better the difference most the time is maybe 1-200 per person more. I know its most but trust me you'll be patting urself on the back when u come back and you'll be reluctant to get back on the plane to fly back to Canada.

And I almost guarantee that you'll want to go back and say that All inclusive is the best shiz you ever did.

Don't waste money on Hawaii its over prices and over valued and its like a brand name you can go places like Dominican or Cancun and get much for for much cheaper!

-------------------------------------

sorry to semi thread jack but just voicing u want I think to help you better choose your vacations. Trust me i've been to tons of places All inclusive and what not. (perks of being an agent) and All inclusive is definitely the way to go.

Anyays for your 1000.00 range i'd say try to hit around puerto vallarta thats gonna be the closest the beaches ain't as nice but you will get all inclusive and its gonna be a fairly decent stay. expect to spend a bit over 1k though only time your gonna get something close to that will be hurricane season or last minute with is a huge gamble.

flight alone to hawaii is gonna be 700-1000+ per person then u need hotel and you pay ur food everyday and its like living in canada. your eat there what u eat here and all u do is pay more for it!

just my 2 cents!

mac_82
01-05-2006, 02:53 PM
As a Travel agent/Consultant if I could I'd sell nothing but all inclusive. And the way it goes it you get what u pay for.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Vincent knows all! ;)

A couple hundred dollars can be the different in the world when it comes to all inclusives. When I went to Cancun, I spent $300 more than some of my other buddies who stayed in a different hotel. Lets just say it was worth it.

cidley69
01-05-2006, 11:35 PM
i checked out the websites suggested above, and there are some for $800 ish plus $250 tax per person per week,

in cuba at a 3.5 star place, sounds like a nice place

i'll try local agents for last minute cancellations next.

thanks for all the input on the subject,

CHEERS!!!

:clap:

lastprodigy
01-05-2006, 11:42 PM
i saw one for cuba the othe day for <1000 shouldnt be hard now that peak time is over....

try

travelbestbets.com

cidley69
01-06-2006, 12:50 AM
that one is about 25% more for the same places.

the best online travel places for prices are:

Redtag.ca
Exitnow.ca
Selloffvacations.com

quite alot of difference in prices on all the different online sites.

i think a bunch of sites use the vacation package search engines from those three websites above, then tack on a percentage and resell the same vacation.

koopkoop2
01-06-2006, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by cidley69
i checked out the websites suggested above, and there are some for $800 ish plus $250 tax per person per week,

in cuba at a 3.5 star place, sounds like a nice place

i'll try local agents for last minute cancellations next.

thanks for all the input on the subject,

CHEERS!!!

:clap:

Please post the AI resort you have in mind, before you book anything!

I just got back from Cuba last week so I can probably help you a great deal. We stayed at Beaches Varadero and it was really nice. We snuck into other resorts, while we were there, so we got to do alot of "comparison shopping" for the next time we go.

This is one of the nicest resorts on the penninsula and it's going for an amazing price:

http://www.redtag.ca/cuba/varadero/iberostartainos.php?hotel=IBEROSTAR%20TAINOS&id=876&table=callastminute

I paid $1700 to stay at Beaches, which isn't even as nice as this one.

If you are serious about doing REAL AI though, you should definately save a little more - I would say about~$1300. Cheaping out on AI usually ends up buying you a hotel with alot of little problems that stack up into one bad experience eg.bad service, dirty hotel towels, shoddy hotel grounds.

pinoyhero
01-06-2006, 07:52 AM
Careful with cheaping out too much. If you hit an all inclusive in Mexico, which I'm sure you can for your price range, you will be in a crappy hotel with crappy food, which you won't want to eat for a week straight.

cidley69
01-06-2006, 09:03 AM
from what has been said above, i think i'm going to trust the star ratings, and not go with anything less than 3.5

that should be alright?

also, some mexican places do look pretty run down, especially in vallarhta

Lex350
01-06-2006, 12:21 PM
I may be in the minority but I would never do an all inclusive again. I do look at vacations as an investment because my time is worth money. When I travel I want things to be a certain way. Yes, use the star rating system as a starting point, then do your research on the Hotel. Sorry, to piss off any travel agents, but many of you (not all) have your own agenda and get compensated accordingly. Some travel agents are not always looking out for what is best for you but what is best for them. It took a while for me to find a good travel agent that I trust.

I just think that too many people use price as the deciding factor for a vacation. Granted it is a key factor but as with anything else you buy the lowest bid isn’t always the best.

If you want to use all inclusive, use this bit of advice that my doctor gave me....get a hepatitis shot before you go.

Lex350
01-06-2006, 12:22 PM
from what has been said above, i think i'm going to trust the star ratings, and not go with anything less than 3.5

that should be alright?

In mexico don't go to anything under 4 star..

D-Man
01-06-2006, 01:16 PM
I've travelled a fair bit and I've only stayed at a 4+ All Inclusive resort. I've gone to many destinations in mexico and dominican. I've spent anywhere between $1100 -> $2500 for my trips.

I love all inclusive because of the conveinence. I don't have to worry about food, drinks, room cleaning, or other services because it's all done for me and is all included in the total price of my trip. The only money I need to bring is for entertainment and souvieners.

I think off all my trips, I have been sick on everyone. Usually just a mild case of the runs. It's partly my fault because I have never gotten a shot before going and having drinks with ice (made from their water source) usually does me in by the middle of my trip. However, I'm usually hammered the whole time I'm there and add spending all day in the sun doesn't help either. I'm abusive to myself on trips, hehehe.

I'm going to the Mayan Riviera in 3 months, I'll let you know how I make out...

cidley69
01-06-2006, 01:18 PM
i think cuba sounds nice to me, one of the norhern lil islands

thanks for the opinions on the matter,

it is much appreciated

its great to gain knowledge from other people and not have to learn everything via trial and error!

jer82
01-06-2006, 01:30 PM
Which Island are you thinking? I have been looking at cayo coco for some time now?

Lex350
01-06-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by D-Man
I've travelled a fair bit and I've only stayed at a 4+ All Inclusive resort. I've gone to many destinations in mexico and dominican. I've spent anywhere between $1100 -&gt; $2500 for my trips.

I love all inclusive because of the conveinence. I don't have to worry about food, drinks, room cleaning, or other services because it's all done for me and is all included in the total price of my trip. The only money I need to bring is for entertainment and souvieners.

I think off all my trips, I have been sick on everyone. Usually just a mild case of the runs. It's partly my fault because I have never gotten a shot before going and having drinks with ice (made from their water source) usually does me in by the middle of my trip. However, I'm usually hammered the whole time I'm there and add spending all day in the sun doesn't help either. I'm abusive to myself on trips, hehehe.

I'm going to the Mayan Riviera in 3 months, I'll let you know how I make out...

Actually most people think it's the water but more often its the food

D-Man
01-06-2006, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by rotten42
Actually most people think it's the water but more often its the food

It's both... What do you think they wash and prepare the food in, their water...

On my upcoming trip, I think I'm going to try and stay off the immodiums and test out that travellers diaria stuff, unless I have time to get a shot...

pinoyhero
01-06-2006, 02:31 PM

that should be alright?

In Cancun whichis toast still i thin, you can probably get away with a 3.5 star but in PV I would recommend no less thatn 4 for sure

sputnik
01-06-2006, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by jer82
Which Island are you thinking? I have been looking at cayo coco for some time now?

Cuba is only one island (with the exception of some tiny and mostly uninhabited islands).

vincent-h
01-06-2006, 02:48 PM
cidley if anything comes up and u have any ideas or wher eu might want to stay be sure to call me i can advise you furthur or just pm me.

also i can pretty much match or beat every internet all inclusive price and i can even destroy some agencies on there.

just give me a holler.

Vincent
Big Ben Travel
403-2737678
[email protected]

pinoyhero
01-06-2006, 03:25 PM
vincent, i'm assuing you wont shy away from other beyond member business? Is it cool if i call you to proce check as well? Not sure if there's any other agents on beyond.

vincent-h
01-06-2006, 03:50 PM
hey pinoy nah i don't mind helping ya'll out i rather work with laid back people then grouchy old stinges any day of the week come in any time or give me a call burn some of my working hours anytime. I'm not our to make commission cuz i don't even work off commission i just rather work with people that are more casual and laided back then uptight people

mac_82
01-06-2006, 03:54 PM
vincent is a super nice guy to deal with!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

hopefully i will be calling you about that thailand ticket one of these days....

vincent-h
01-06-2006, 03:59 PM
haha witha new job and all whenever they give u ur first vacation!

Ek9Max
01-06-2006, 04:09 PM
What about during readnig week? will these deals still be there?

jus_sum_guy
01-06-2006, 04:13 PM
Where is the best place to find a cheap all inclusive deal?

I would like to go with the gf, and we both have only $1000 each to spend. Is there any all inlcusive week long deals that can be found for $1000/person counting taxes and all the bs charges?

any ideas appreciated!

PM'D

pinoyhero
01-06-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by vincent-h
hey pinoy nah i don't mind helping ya'll out i rather work with laid back people then grouchy old stinges any day of the week come in any time or give me a call burn some of my working hours anytime. I'm not our to make commission cuz i don't even work off commission i just rather work with people that are more casual and laided back then uptight people

Sweet thanks, I need an insider in that industry, I'll look you up next time I'm going away.

cidley69
01-06-2006, 05:33 PM
Hey Jer82,

cayo coco was the same one i was talking about!

it seems pretty pristine, and fairly priced too.

let me know what you've found

cidley69
01-06-2006, 05:39 PM
FYI:

the web told me this, not sure how trustable a source it is, but:

"Cayo Coco is the forth island in term of size forming the Cuban archipelago"

vincent-h
01-06-2006, 06:57 PM
I'd say if its your first stay stick to varadero u'll love that stay there. Cuba a few years ago had problems where their food was really bad but in the recent years it has improved greatly.

tirebob
01-07-2006, 05:16 PM
I absolutely loved Cuba! I stayed in Varadero. The beaches are sooooooo wicked! White sand and super blue water.

http://www.bookallcuba.com/destinations/pictures/varaderonew.jpg

Kobe
01-07-2006, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by CMSbob
I absolutely loved Cuba! I stayed in Varadero. The beaches are sooooooo wicked! White sand and super blue water.

http://www.bookallcuba.com/destinations/pictures/varaderonew.jpg

The beaches in Varedero is really nice, but nothing compared to the beachs in Cancun :drool: :drool:

01RedDX
01-07-2006, 08:58 PM

jer82
01-08-2006, 05:27 PM
Hey Jer82,

cayo coco was the same one i was talking about!

it seems pretty pristine, and fairly priced too.

let me know what you've found

I was thinking the same thing, Never went yet due to vehicle dying, and other various hurdles... I still plan on visiting there one day soon..

I found the price really cheap in November but go near the end as it is the tail end of hurricane season.